What is your New Year's Resolution? What do you plan on doing with your collection?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
WhichWatch?
MoT Member

Re: What is your New Year's Resolution? What do you plan on doing with your collection?

Post by WhichWatch? »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:01 pm I don't like to make resolutions, but I'll play along.

I would like to save up and buy something really nice, around $1k. That may not seem like much to a lot of you, but that's about 5x more than the most I've ever paid for a watch.

As for something personal, I lost just about 200lbs between November 2014 and November 2015 but I've put roughly half of that back on since then. I'm getting back on the wagon and plan on losing at least 150lbs by January 1st 2020.
Godspeed MoT!

What will be your $1k splurge? As someone else pointed out, being the moderator of a forum that came into existence for the purpose of finding good deals on watches doesn't exactly help one save money!
MoT
Site Admin

Re: What is your New Year's Resolution? What do you plan on doing with your collection?

Post by MoT »

WhichWatch? wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:41 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:01 pm I don't like to make resolutions, but I'll play along.

I would like to save up and buy something really nice, around $1k. That may not seem like much to a lot of you, but that's about 5x more than the most I've ever paid for a watch.

As for something personal, I lost just about 200lbs between November 2014 and November 2015 but I've put roughly half of that back on since then. I'm getting back on the wagon and plan on losing at least 150lbs by January 1st 2020.
Godspeed MoT!

What will be your $1k splurge?
I have no idea! I don't know if it will materialize either, just a pipe dream at the moment.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:

Godspeed MoT!

I have no idea! I don't know if it will materialize either, just a pipe dream at the moment.
Are there any watches that you’d jump on if you found the right deal? What kind are you looking for?
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

I don't do New Year resolutions. Definitely no specific watch I gotta have, or at least I haven't seen it yet.

Do need to learn to let go of a few and get back down to 10. More than that for me is just money sitting in a drawer.

I do need to learn to be more tolerant of the new strain of STUPID drivers I see on the road nowadays. After 40 years of driving I've seen it all, and it's getting worse.

Guess as long as they don't take out innocent people it's Mother Nature's new way of thinning out the herd. [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:00 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

Godspeed MoT!

Are there any watches that you’d jump on if you found the right deal? What kind are you looking for?

I generally prefer sport watches. Divers, pilot, field, racing, chronographs, etc.

I really like these three Tudors, with the Double Date being my favorite. I'm positive it would be nearly impossible to find them new or like-new for $1k. http://bit.ly/tudorclassic http://bit.ly/tudorstyle http://bit.ly/tudordoubledate

As for others, I'm not sure. I like some JeanRichard models, some Frederique Constant, some Eterna and a bunch of others. I'm somewhat of a social butterfly when it comes to watches.

I also lust after these every time I see them:

Image Image

But again, at the moment it's all just wishful thinking.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
WhichWatch?
MoT Member

Post by WhichWatch? »

ManOnTime wrote:
Robotaz wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:00 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

This looks like a great resolution to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk