As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Re: ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by PetWatch »

Once upon a time, long, long ago in a place far, far away and right before the major gift giving holidays, bargain hunters everywhere were cast adrift at the mercy of high prices. Until one day, and right on Time a Man came marching by shouting "Follow me to a place of endless deals".
The rest is history.

Thanks MoT and all the merry deal hunters.
FilthyWatchTan
MoT Member

Re: ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by FilthyWatchTan »

Refugee from another place here, cheers guys and congratulations.

Edit:
Last edited by FilthyWatchTan on Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

TheJohnP wrote:Image
I have no clue what's going on here but. . . I WANT IN!!!!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

k.crabbe
MoT Member

Post by k.crabbe »

I got back into watches a couple years ago. I was a lurker at the other place. After lurking for a few months I decided not to join. Although there were a lot of positives and some good people, I didn't like the overall vibe I got. When this place popped up, I thought what the heck. Everybody here has been very encouraging and the positive feel of the place really stands out. I see members gush over a $10 Timex just as much as a $4,000 Omega. That's the way it's suppose to be. Fun. I check in maybe 8-10 times a day. I don't post as much as I'd like due to a Family member with Dementia. That takes up all of my time. MoT has created a little oasis for me to escape to throughout the day. I know I won't be arguing, defending, or any other negative crap that I don't want in my life. Thanks to everybody for making this place the way it is. And thanks to MoT and the Mods. for their efforts. It is very much appreciated. Here's to many more years.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

k.crabbe wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:44 am I got back into watches a couple years ago. I was a lurker at the other place. After lurking for a few months I decided not to join. Although there were a lot of positives and some good people, I didn't like the overall vibe I got. When this place popped up, I thought what the heck. Everybody here has been very encouraging and the positive feel of the place really stands out. I see members gush over a $10 Timex just as much as a $4,000 Omega. That's the way it's suppose to be. Fun. I check in maybe 8-10 times a day. I don't post as much as I'd like due to a Family member with Dementia. That takes up all of my time. MoT has created a little oasis for me to escape to throughout the day. I know I won't be arguing, defending, or any other negative crap that I don't want in my life. Thanks to everybody for making this place the way it is. And thanks to MoT and the Mods. for their efforts. It is very much appreciated. Here's to many more years.
I love this post.....
kl884347
MoT Member

Post by kl884347 »

Yes yes yes! Thank you MoT and all those that make this site what it is. I too started a at the other place and lurked for years, maybe posting a question every now and then. I've learned so much since then and recognize there is still so much to know! I am typically only looking at the ultra-affordable range as that is all my budget allows and as k.crabbe said, people here get excited about time pieces in all different ranges and are so willing to share their knowledge and insights. Really love it here.
Thanks guys!
quincas
MoT Member

ManOnTime (the site, not the dude) is one year old! Join the party and share your thoughts!

Post by quincas »

Happy Birthday, ManOnTime.com!

It has been a really fun year and I’m really looking forward to the next.

I have never been on a forum or an informative site where members are as knowledgeable, well-behaved [emoji38] as this and I am as proud as the rest of you guys (and gals) to be a member here.

No tyrannical moderators, rude and confrontational encounters, snide and sarcastic remarks. A world where watch-lovers enjoy a matured, cordial, constructive exchange of information, ideals and knowledge.

I learn new things everyday.

2 new things that I learnt today:
1. TheJohnP is a moderator!!! (I use Tapatalk and there’s no mod icon next to your name) I better be careful when addressing you. [emoji23]

2. There are $10 Timex deals? Damn! I missed those!
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

This place feels much more like a community than the other place, and I can’t imagine that’s by accident. Thank you MOT and all the others for creating such a great forum so quickly. It’s almost impossible to believe the forum didn’t even exist a year ago and it’s amazing to see how much it has grown in that short time.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Keeping the party going a little bit longer. Thanks to everybody for stopping by sharing your thoughts and comments. It's also fun to see how many people say the deals thread is a daily stop for them. Even when I'm busy at work and I really shouldn't be thinking about watches or deals, I often can't help myself and have to take a few seconds to check the HUISABH thread. And the WRUW thread......I just like seeing everybody's watch pics.

MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

Hard to believe it's been a whole year since The Great Kerfuffling. And how fondly I remember Matt's proclamation when those WUSsies shut down the beloved penny-pincher thread: "If I'm gonna get dragged off to the poorhouse for my addiction, I'm taking you all down with me!" And it's a damn good thing Matt stepped up to create this place. Had you all gotten someone like me as your overlord, well...

But all seriousness aside, we have a pretty good bunch here. And leadership has a lot to do with a board's atmosphere. (Growth rate and size do too, and having been involved in online fora since the '80s I'd I'd caution against advertising and recruiting too aggressively.) So, cheers to Dear Leader and all my fellow peasants for making this place rock.
yinzburgher wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:02 am Image
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:17 am Image
ftfy
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

MAAHHH THE FRENCH! wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:58 am(Growth rate and size do too, and having been involved in online fora since the '80s I'd I'd caution against advertising and recruiting too aggressively.)
Like my waistline, I'd like to see this place grow at a slow and steady pace until it's both a source of great comfort and great embarrassment. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Bbrou33
MoT Member

Post by Bbrou33 »

Dub Rubb wrote:

It's a pizza party bro!

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33

Insta me: bbrou33
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Bbrou33 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:25 am
Dub Rubb wrote:

It's a pizza party bro!

Let's be Instagram friends @bbrou33
I'll bring beer -- looks like they're running low. Maybe a keg of Sierra Nevada. Or whatever these guys are enjoying!

bardkc

Post by bardkc »

Although I have slowed way down on my watch purchases, I have taken advantage over the last year on a few of the deals posted. I'm guilty of not thanking the posters as I should have, so please accept my apologies and my gratitude for all the deals posted. A special thanks to Manontime for creating this site. I don't even peak at the other site anymore.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

Land's sake, I neglected the party gifs!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Non-gif bonus section.