We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Favorite holiday drinks

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Favorite holiday drinks

Post by watchpalooza »

Hi Just curious what others here are enjoying over the holidays. For me it’s the same year-round, drams of whisky. This December was graced with a whisky advent calendar....great for discovering something new. And I found an amazing value in this one. Shows great balance, and very approachable with notes of cake, dried fruit, honey, nutmeg, lime peel and vanilla. Cheers!

01467C0C-593B-4D4E-B1AD-F0D6F5CC01D5.png
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: Favorite holiday drinks

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

For me, around Christmas every year it's Scotch. Specifically Macallan 12, Macallan 15, or this year Macallan 18. They're expensive as hell but I only do it once a year so I enjoy it.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Manhattan, baby!

Did someone say, "scotch"? Bowmore 12, Highland Park 12, Glenlivet 12 and Ardbeg 10 in the locker at the moment. Playing around with Irish: Writer's Tears and Slane seem tasty as an alternative to my usual Tullamore DEW or Bushmill's.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

tommy_boy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:44 pm Manhattan, baby!

Did someone say, "scotch"? Bowmore 12, Highland Park 12, Glenlivet 12 and Ardbeg 10 in the locker at the moment. Playing around with Irish: Writer's Tears and Slane seem tasty as an alternative to my usual Tullamore DEW or Bushmill's.
Looks good! I am also exploring Irish Whiskys after years of drinking mainly Scotches. I tried Writer’s Tears a few weeks ago, but did not love it. Tullamore is a standard...my go-to anywhere that doesn’t serve a decent single malt.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Some folks like to say I was born 40. That would make me 80ish now, which I suppose would explain why an Old Fashioned and this are probably my favorite non-beer alcoholic beverages. At holiday time, or any other.

A couple of fingers of that, a big 'ol chunk of ice and a splash of water and I'm ready to sit back and tell those damn kids to get off my lawn.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

watchpalooza wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:55 pm
tommy_boy wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:44 pm Manhattan, baby!

Looks good! I am also exploring Irish Whiskys after years of drinking mainly Scotches. I tried Writer’s Tears a few weeks ago, but did not love it. Tullamore is a standard...my go-to anywhere that doesn’t serve a decent single malt.
Please share your thoughts and experience. Tullamore is my go-to. I am half way through my latest bottle, and when I’m done it will probably be another Tullamore or Jameson. I don’t venture out much, but I also do not drink very much.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Tonight’s dram....
E42F2436-3545-4800-AE24-8FEB11BC95B1.jpeg
All my favorites on my Pinterest page below.

Click Icon To Contact Me