We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Complaint of the Day

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Complaint of the Day

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

On the other place which shan't be named:

"Anyone else notice how unactive f71 has become lately?
I feel the deal-thread rework had a part to play in this :/"

And so on with the few responders.
ddavidsonmd
MoT Member
Has thanked: 0

Re: Complaint of the Day

Post by ddavidsonmd »

I took a look today and no new posts for over a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Whoa! I knew it had slowed down but no idea it was that bad. Just went looking for the deals thread and it's not even on the first page of the affordable section. That's a shame. :P

Edit: Just realized the OP was referring was referring to an actual post on WUS.
Also, One really cool thing about MoT Watch Deal Forum: You don't get scolded or have your posts deleted for linking to another watch forum.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/f71-n ... 65289.html
Last edited by yinzburgher on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squincher
MoT Member

Post by squincher »

I'll bet it doesn't take too long to load anymore.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

squincher wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:35 pm I'll bet it doesn't take too long to load anymore.
And the HU thread is definitely easier to moderate, since almost no one cares to post to it anymore.

That's a good strategy they got going. If you feel like you're having to do too much work as a moderator, chase everybody away :lol:
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

All the more thanks to MOT for bringing us die hards together and giving us all a place to call home. Don't get me wrong, I am still gonna be on WUS, but this filled a much needed space and has created a great community in itself. Long live HUISABH!!!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 pm Whoa! I knew it had slowed down but no idea it was that bad. Just went looking for the deals thread and it's not even on the first page of the affordable section. That's a shame. :P

Edit: Just realized the OP was referring was referring to an actual post on WUS.
Also, One really cool thing about MoT Watch Deal Forum: You don't get scolded or have your posts deleted for linking to another watch forum.

I started reading that thread and got a good laugh. By the end I was angry. Not at the forum members who are posting mostly reasonable (though largely uninformed) comments, but at the moderators who have made it impossible to give any constructive information without being removed or banned. I wish I could help the Watchuseek community, but I feel like that's impossible right now.
synequano
MoT Member

Post by synequano »

The way I see it,seems like the members who became mods post-buyout are drunk with power and now become chronically delusional like hitler (hope this word isn't censored here)
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

BostonCharlie wrote:
yinzburgher wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:32 pm Whoa! I knew it had slowed down but no idea it was that bad. Just went looking for the deals thread and it's not even on the first page of the affordable section. That's a shame. :P

I started reading that thread and got a good laugh. By the end I was angry. Not at the forum members who are posting mostly reasonable (though largely uninformed) comments, but at the moderators who have made it impossible to give any constructive information without being removed or banned. I wish I could help the Watchuseek community, but I feel like that's impossible right now.
It’ll all work itself out. Just be glad for both forums and go about your merry way.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

synequano wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:17 pm The way I see it,seems like the members who became mods post-buyout are drunk with power and now become chronically delusional like hitler (hope this word isn't censored here)
I probably wouldn't go that far.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

My take is that WUS made a decision to fix a problem that didn't exist for most users. I couldn't care less if anyone posted affiliated links. Eventually that "noise" would've died down, but instead the thread was closed denying those interested, a place to post and share deals. In it's absence, MoT is born and the savvy amongst us jump ship. By savvy I mean power posters on the deal thread. What's left at WUS are reposts of slick deals, ToM, etc. What's missing is double and triple dip deal knowledge of combine rebate sites with % offs, cashback, gift cards, bonus buys and everything that makes chasing a deal worthwhile. I'm happy to be here and VERY happy with how folks are handling this freedom.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 pm
synequano wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:17 pm The way I see it,seems like the members who became mods post-buyout are drunk with power and now become chronically delusional like hitler (hope this word isn't censored here)
I probably wouldn't go that far.
I agree. I don't think it usually helps an argument to commit a Reductio ad Hitlerum fallacy.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

CVP33 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:31 pm My take is that WUS made a decision to fix a problem that didn't exist for most users. I couldn't care less if anyone posted affiliated links. Eventually that "noise" would've died down, but instead the thread was closed denying those interested, a place to post and share deals. In it's absence, MoT is born and the savvy amongst us jump ship. By savvy I mean power posters on the deal thread. What's left at WUS are reposts of slick deals, ToM, etc. What's missing is double and triple dip deal knowledge of combine rebate sites with % offs, cashback, gift cards, bonus buys and everything that makes chasing a deal worthwhile. I'm happy to be here and VERY happy with how folks are handling this freedom.
I don't think there was a problem with them wanting to eliminate affiliate links.

But otherwise, I agree. The platoon sergeant mentality of "everyone pays if someone makes a mistake" of shutting down the thread seems a rather short-sighted method for managing an online community. An online enthusiast community is not the military.
squincher
MoT Member

Post by squincher »

cel4145 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pm
CVP33 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:31 pm My take is that WUS made a decision to fix a problem that didn't exist for most users. I couldn't care less if anyone posted affiliated links. Eventually that "noise" would've died down, but instead the thread was closed denying those interested, a place to post and share deals. In it's absence, MoT is born and the savvy amongst us jump ship. By savvy I mean power posters on the deal thread. What's left at WUS are reposts of slick deals, ToM, etc. What's missing is double and triple dip deal knowledge of combine rebate sites with % offs, cashback, gift cards, bonus buys and everything that makes chasing a deal worthwhile. I'm happy to be here and VERY happy with how folks are handling this freedom.
I don't think there was a problem with them wanting to eliminate affiliate links.

But otherwise, I agree. The platoon sergeant mentality of "everyone pays if someone makes a mistake" of shutting down the thread seems a rather short-sighted method for managing an online community. An online enthusiast community is not the military.
But a fine method of inciting an insurrection. Apparently.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

squincher wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 pm
cel4145 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pm

But a fine method of inciting an insurrection. Apparently.

To the barricades!