We're Moving!

Click for more info.

May 4th Star Wars Trivia

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: May 4th Star Wars Trivia

Post by MoT »

watchpalooza wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:44 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:34 pm
watchpalooza wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:18 pm

True for sound effect found in all of them.

One for you, since you dropped in:

in Phantom Menace, what car is Anakin Skywalker’s podracer constructed from?

That one I don't know. I do know that the sound effects for it were partially taken from F1 cars of the period.
It was built from the shell of a Maserati Tipo 61 (Birdcage).

1003ED53-3C39-41C5-B46C-2088AF1D6895.jpeg

5682F66A-55BD-47F7-A066-02ED01A434AC.jpeg
Good grief...there were only 17 Tipo 61s built to begin with!
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:Q: which member here both changed George Lucas' furnace AND had access to all of his surrounding houses that housed nothing but star wars movie posters and props?

A: the question was kind of a humblebrag [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
BostonCharlie?
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:31 pm Q: which member here both changed George Lucas' furnace AND had access to all of his surrounding houses that housed nothing but star wars movie posters and props?

:o

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Split-Time wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:31 pm Q: which member here both changed George Lucas' furnace AND had access to all of his surrounding houses that housed nothing but star wars movie posters and props?

Not gonna lie, it was kinda cool. The company I worked for at the time had the maintenance contract for all his houses(he buys every house in his neighborhood that comes up for sale. As of a decade ago, he had at least 7. Mostly storing stuff).

Going through one of the houses, it was all movie posters on racks you could flip through (like spencers gifts back in the day). So many cool posters from all over the world signed by many of the actors. I was tempted to risk my job over the japanese star wars posters signed by Harrison Ford. My job sucked, and I kinda wish I did it [emoji23].

I was clearly instructed not to talk to him, but when grabbing something from the truck he walked out and we basically just said hi, how's it going to each other. I think he was just happy to say hi to someone not geeking out on him lol.

I wish I got a better peak into his garage, but I think I saw a Mosler in his garage.

Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:43 pm
Split-Time wrote:

Not gonna lie, it was kinda cool. The company I worked for at the time had the maintenance contract for all his houses(he buys every house in his neighborhood that comes up for sale. As of a decade ago, he had at least 7. Mostly storing stuff).

Going through one of the houses, it was all movie posters on racks you could flip through (like spencers gifts back in the day). So many cool posters from all over the world signed by many of the actors. I was tempted to risk my job over the japanese star wars posters signed by Harrison Ford. My job sucked, and I kinda wish I did it [emoji23].

I was clearly instructed not to talk to him, but when grabbing something from the truck he walked out and we basically just said hi, how's it going to each other. I think he was just happy to say hi to someone not geeking out on him lol.

I wish I got a better peak into his garage, but I think I saw a Mosler in his garage.

Wow, the story keeps getting better!

Star Wars was the first movie I saw. I begged my parents to take me and then I had nightmares about Darth Vader and stormtroopers. It definitely made some sort of impact on me. However, I am not really a science fiction fan outside of Star Wars. Maybe I just felt like putting that our there so y'all don't picture my house covered in collectables :lol: .

Also, in this thread we learned that the Lucas house has a lot in common with Spencer's, "back in the day." Out-friggin-standing!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Split-Time wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:28 am

Wow, the story keeps getting better!

Star Wars was the first movie I saw. I begged my parents to take me and then I had nightmares about Darth Vader and stormtroopers. It definitely made some sort of impact on me. However, I am not really a science fiction fan outside of Star Wars. Maybe I just felt like putting that our there so y'all don't picture my house covered in collectables :lol: .

Also, in this thread we learned that the Lucas house has a lot in common with Spencer's, "back in the day." Out-friggin-standing!

I, on the other hand...

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

To give the answers on the last two:
watchpalooza wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:15 pm How about an easier one:

Why is it rare to see a shot of C-3PO below the waist?

No, it is not because he is hung like a horse.
Anthony Daniels couldn't sit down while wearing the C-3PO costume...remember it was a low budget affair, and the costume was simply too rigid and not made to bend in the way a human body can to sit. During the filming of Empire Strikes Back, if C-3PO had to sit down in a scene, he would have to first be seated without the costume and production would have to build it up around him. The cost and time to do this is why you hardly see C-3PO seated, and when he is seated you never see C-3PO below the waist.

watchpalooza wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 6:29 pm True or False: Luke Skywalker was at one point written into the script as an 18yo girl?
This one is true. The first draft of the script that was to become Star Wars: A New Hope (then called “Adventures of the Starkiller, Episode One: The Star Wars“ suffered from a lack of any developed female characters. In January 1975, Lucas rewrote the script to cast the main character “Luke Starkiller” as an 18yo girl. This second draft never made it to the screen, and the third draft written a few months later Again had Luke as a male character. The idea did survive long enough for a concept drawing done by artist Ralph McQuarrie.
FEACC61A-591A-448E-87F7-E6FF323DC9CD.jpeg
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr