We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by TheJohnP »

2020. What more needs to be said?

But even in the seemingly darkest of times, there are glimmers of hope and light.

And this forum is often my personal happy place.
The people and this community is a welcome respite from what's happening in "the real world."
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, wanted to express my thanks to each and every one of you who make this forum what it is, by giving everyone an opportunity to win:

The Werenbach Leonov Model 5 automatic!
(A roughly $1,700 value!)

Werenbach Watches generously allowed me to keep the watch for the Leonov Model 5 review that I posted here - viewtopic.php?f=38&p=77220#p77220

As much as I like it and wouldn't mind keeping it, I want to offer it up to someone else in hopes it brings them even more joy in ownership. And with Thanksgiving right around the corner, seemed the right time to do another giveaway!

To qualify for the Werenbach, simply respond to this thread with anything this year that you're thankful for or made you happy.
Could be personal, could be general, could be anything that you feel like sharing.

- The giveaway will be open to ALL registered members of the forum (excluding ManOnTime, Watchpalooza, and TheJohnP).
- The giveaway will start NOW and run through November 30th. The winner will be chosen at random, and the video posted on Wednesday, December 2nd.
- Only one entry per member.

Discover more about Werenbach AG here - https://www.werenbach.ch/en/

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
DogOnTime
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, gobble, gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by DogOnTime »

While Canadian Thanksgiving has already come and gone, I'm still thankful for many things this year. Most notably, I'm especially appreciative of all the essential workers that have contributed to help maintain some amount of sanity throughout the year's lockdowns. I know there are multiple members here as well as their families, that are a part of such group including my own sister. Whether it be healthcare professionals or postal workers, I'd like to believe many have done their part in making our lives easier during this pandemic.

In addition, John has mentioned that this is indeed an area of segregation for some from reality and I'd like to thank Matt and the team that helps distract away our real-life woes. All the active members that have made chuckle for whatever reason, I give you my wholehearted thanks; and of course, to TheJohnP for offering up this giveaway.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, gobble, gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by tommy_boy »

What a gracious gesture. :) I'm thankful to have this forum as a sand box.

I am thankful that my family and I are healthy and relatively happy (my wife lost her mother this summer.)

2021 has to be less eventful than was 2020, so let's all be thankful that it's just around the corner.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by whoagorgeous »

I'm thankful to have landed a job in the mist of this crazy year.

Prayers and thoughts to everyone!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Great start everyone.

Let's keep that joy and positivity coming!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Slant
MoT Member

Post by Slant »

Thank you for the opportunity.

I'm thankful for still being employed. And work-from-home. And watches.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

In a wild and crazy year of many up and downs, I have a LOT to be thankful for. I am thankful that me andy wife's careers have not been impacted by COVID, we're healthy (and hopefully stay that way), and I'm thankful for ManOnTime.

This place is such a great escape and the members here are what really make it. Any other site has bickering, name calling, and what not. [mention]ManOnTime[/mention], [mention]TheJohnP[/mention], and [mention]Watchpalooza[/mention] have done a great job. Thanks, guys!
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

Wow this is extremely generous of you!

I'm not even sure what to say here. I'm grateful for a great many things. As some people may have noticed, I was here for the site's inception and then kinda disappeared for a while due to personal reasons. One thing I'm grateful for is that my family and I made it through all of that, which was pre-COVID.

What I don't really advertise is that I work in the medical field (actually taking my medical boards on Monday, wish me luck hah). Specifically I'm working in hospice and palliative care, which is a lesser known field that focuses on life-limiting illness, comfort and end of life care. Usually it's a lot of cancer, heart failure, etc; but this year things are just all over the place with COVID. I've seen a LOT this year. It **** sucks. I could say a lot about it, but I've purposely avoided posting in the Coronavirus thread because it is what it is and talking about it there's always a chance things get political, which I hate. But my experiences definitely amplify the gratitude I feel for what I have. And I wanna give a shoutout to other members on here in medicine I've noticed who are working the frontlines!

I'm thankful that my family has not fallen ill at all. I'm thankful that none of my friends have gotten seriously ill. I'm thankful that my move from NJ to WI which happened literally in the middle of the pandemic went well. Also, I'm thankful that I found my way back to this site, which sounds pretty corny, but just knowing there's like-minded individuals out there who love horology (and good deals) is a strange comfort.

I'm hopeful that we can all get through this, whatever life will look like on the other side of this pandemic. Stay strong everyone! Also, sorry if this is too long, I've definitely partaken in some stress relief scotch.
Scruffy believes in this forum
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Hospice and palliative care workers are angels on Earth.
I don't know how they do it, but bless them and YOU for everything [mention]flypanam[/mention]!
Click Icon To Contact Me

AstroLaw

Post by AstroLaw »

Thank you so much for your generosity!

Even though 2020 has been a bit crazy I am grateful that my wife was able to find a new job during the covid that she actually enjoys, and we sold our house and are a little over a month away from moving in to our newly built home. At the beginning of this year I wouldn't have expected either to be a possibility.

Cheers to you!
tinpusher
MoT Member

Post by tinpusher »

I am so very grateful for all the time I've been able to spend at home this year with my family. Staying home hasn't been all great all the time, but man I've been so blessed to have more time with my family
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

**please exclude me from the giveaway, but I still want to share**

I for one am just so thankful for the health of my family, both blood and who I consider family in my life. I am thankful to ALL of those who have helped us get through this effed up year. Everyone from healthcare workers(like my mom, RN) to grocery workers. As a matter of fact, I would put grocery workers on the frontline of this whole thing.

I am also thankful that my wife has kept her job and (some of) her sanity throughout this, and That my own job has proved to be pandemic proof. I feel so fortunate to have what I have, and have been trying to spread it to those who do not.

I also feel so fortunate to have a place like this. When I joined here, it was all about the deals. Now I come back every day for the camaraderie, and this year, the escape from all the BS that is literally everywhere else in the world.

Big thanks to all the mods, and equally importantly, all the members here who make this place as awesome as it is. Thank you everyone for bringing some highs to all of 2020s lows.

Stay strong, stay safe, and MoT for life!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

WPybus
MoT Member

Post by WPybus »

Wow that is so thoughtful- although I’m not surprised on this forum... as a general rule I don’t do any social media, I mainly read the news and read about watches and finding this place really made my day And makes me thankful; a big thank you to all of you and especially the glorious leader ([mention]ManOnTime[/mention] ) for the ethos and attitude that’s been installed on the forum/ its become a safe and life affirming place in a troubled world!!

So I’m thankful for those closest to me, my health, the Beauty of the changing seasons, wildlife, bushcraft in the forrest and watches.... loads of gorgeous watches!!!!
chubbledouble
MoT Member

Post by chubbledouble »

Super generous of you, John.

I'm thankful that I got hitched this year, even if we had to postpone the big ceremony until...TBD, and that my Grandpa, who has since passed, was able to virtually attend.

I'm also grateful for the fact that there are less than 2 months left in this dumb year. I think we're all going to spend 2021 recovering.
AKAs: Chubley on WUS, DukeofChubley on r/watchexchange
BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

I'm thankful for having a job. Period. And also that my two of my daughters appear to be recovering from COVID without infecting the more vulnerable people around us.