We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Ipse
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by Ipse »

Wow, what a nice gesture at a time when it's so easy to clam up and be selfish. As many others, I troll the forums here but 99%of that is for the witty comments and the inofensive fun...only 1% is for the bargains posted (so many of which are the contribution of the OP).
Others have said it better than me...I'm grateful for only being 52 days away from this horrible year's end.
Truly hope that 2021 will be a better time and I'm personally looking forward to upcoming challenges in my job.
It's time.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Thanks for the giveaway John. This year has sucked in many ways, but I'm still thankful to have a roof over my head and food on the table. I'm also thankful that I can still enjoy this hobby without having to sell off most of my collection (as I originally was thinking back in March when I lost my job).

I'm most thankful for this forum as it lets me escape from reality for a bit each day, without it I certainly would be going insane by now.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
nyonya
MoT Member

Post by nyonya »

I'm thankful for mine and my family's continuing health. Thanks very much for the giveaway [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] !
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

There’s not enough room for me to list all the things I’m thankful for. I retired in 2017 and have been living the dream ever since. Although Covid knocked out a lot of my 2020 travel plans I found plenty of things to keep me occupied close to home. I’m grateful that I have the opportunity to do the things I only used to plan and hope for.

Thanks for the opportunity. It’s very generous.
Extendedpizza
MoT Member

Post by Extendedpizza »

Thank you for the giveaway. I'm thankful that my health scare a while ago was nothing to worry about. I was getting a physical and it had been a while since I had one done. The doctor got to the part where you are asked to cough. Then the doctor said he felt a lump and that is something you don't want to hear. After getting some test done and a couple of weeks of being worried. I was relieved it turned out to be something that I didn't have to worry about. That experience taught me to take my health more seriously.

Take care of yourselves 👍
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

* I am not eligible, but want to get in on the good thank you vibes here.

I am thankful every day for my loving wife and son, and also for this place. A big thank you to our members, who keep this place cool. And thank you to our host Matt, who makes this all possible and leads with a keen sense of fairness and tact. Finally, thanks to you, John for being just an exceptional person (and for all the hard work you do to make this place rock).
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cuica
MoT Member

Post by cuica »

Appreciate your generosity.
I'm also a regular in this and other watch forums. Watches in general are an escape for somethings that are not quite well in my life.
But I have to say, despite all the chaos 2020 brought us, I still have my health and me and my family are going through this mess ok.
With hope that 2021 will be a better year for all.
LapYoda

Post by LapYoda »

Thanks for the kind giveaway! I’m a physician and this year has sucked incredibly hard, but I am thankful that my friend who spent 2 months in the ICU from COVID managed to pull through. I’m also thankful to work in a practice where I didn’t suffer the same loss of income as many of my colleagues who either had pay docked or were laid off because of the pandemic. Here’s to a better 2021.
scrumpypaul
MoT Member

Post by scrumpypaul »

Firstly, thank you for the giveaway.

Like others, thankful for many things this year, the health of my family being paramount. I've been retired a few years now and haven't found retirement particularly the land of milk and honey as my youngest was born within a few weeks of my retirement and so the last few years looking after a now three year old together with his five year old sister has been pretty damn challenging. Especially as my wife and I sadly have no family support to give a hand.

But, when lockdown came around in March, whilst I was initially very worried about having to look after both kids full time again, it has been far easier than I expected. Where all of our friends have been tearing their hair out at not being able to rely on the help of their relatives, we have coped pretty well as we've had so much practice over the years. It helps that we live in what I believe to be a beautiful, if a bit deprived, part of north east England with incredibly diverse and dramatic coastlines not even a mile from my front door. So, the kids have enjoyed their time largely outdoors, learning about nature, riding their bikes, doing what kids should do. And I am blessed to have been able to have this time to watch over them without them being quite the exasperating burden that I thought they might be!
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I'm grateful that COVID hasn't had an impact on me or my family and friends. And that the MoT family has stayed safe throughout as well!
lightspire

Post by lightspire »

Thankful to be a member of MoT!
neo
MoT Member

Post by neo »

Amazing gesture. Thankful for a healthy family.
Sampson
MoT Member

Post by Sampson »

Thanks for the great gesture of kindness and generosity. 2020 has been tough year for everyone. My wife is a critical care stat nurse and her job has her floating throughout the hospital and has been in care of COVID-19 patients from the onset. I am grateful that she has remained healthy and safe. I pray each day her healthy and safety. My wife is an incredible person. She is the greatest person I have ever met and so thankful for her health in this crisis.

Please stay safe everyone.
bogray57
MoT Member

Post by bogray57 »

WOW...such a generous and thoughtful offer, John! But, anyone who's been around here since the beginning won't be too surprised--this is a generous and thoughtful community.

After reading the posts so far, I have to disqualify myself from the giveaway...I certainly don't deserve such a nice item when so many have contributed so much more to the world during this stressful year (health and essential workers specifically). But I still wanted to check in and say thanks to everyone.

I am grateful that Covid hasn't had too severe an impact on my immediate family, that my wife and I have stayed healthy all year, that we're both back at work after a short layoff and that I have a place like this to distract my attention from the 'mean old world' from time to time. Best wishes to all for the Holidays and the New Year!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

You're still in the running [mention]bogray57[/mention] and YOU'LL LIKE IT!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find