As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Re: Gobble, Gobble, Gobble! Win a Werenbach for Thanksgiving!

Post by peskydonut »

John, a very kind gesture. Thank you.

This year has been undeniably difficult, but I know there are better days around the corner and for that I'm most thankful. Stay healthy friends, and be patient with one another. We're all just trying to figure out this life thing.
Last edited by peskydonut on Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living a comeback montage.
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

Thank you [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] for the generosity. This is the only community I interact with and I appreciate the camaraderie. As to what i'm grateful for?...

I am grateful to wake up each day, to get an opportunity to try and live a life without regrets, while being in service, in whatever way possible for those I care for.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Thank you TheJohnP for giving away a deal. How Great Is That!

I'm grateful for this friendly forum. Big thanks to everyone from MoT to all who make it so, and I earnestly believe that is everyone who participates that makes it entertaining, informative and just plain fun. What the heck, lurkers too. Great to see when a discussion motivates someone to step out into the limelight. We came here for deals and have received so much more. How Great Is That!

It's been a trying year for me on various fronts, and I honestly don't see a turnaround any time soon. I'm not a pessimist, just a realist sometimes confused for one. I'm also a firm believer that when a door closes another one opens, and always grateful for the little things that make life oh so worth living. Watches? [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

McLovin
MoT Member

Post by McLovin »

Thank John P.! Very generous.

I am thankful for my wife, daughter and my continued sobriety. 3 years this month.
Nolmel
MoT Member

Post by Nolmel »

Aussies don't do thanksgiving but I'm thankful for still being employed this year when we all know the economy has been pretty rough, and still having some money to pick up a few watches along the way.
1234i

Post by 1234i »

Thanks for the generous giveaway!
I'm thankful for my partner's and my families. Her parents and brother, and my aunt spent 2 days at our newly purchased (first) home, helping us put up a nice cedar board fence. It was honestly overwhelming watching those 55+ year old people bust their butts digging post holes and tamping gravel. I felt guilty that it was all for us, but realized it was all part of family, and that someday I'll be digging someone else's fence!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Firstly, I am thankful for the health of my family and for remaining employed during 2020.

I have had a couple of bumpy spots this year and I am thankful for the MoT community on Discord. Everyone has been super supportive of one another and a group like that shouldn’t be taken for granted. I know that the support of a certain rag tag group of watch nerds have been invaluable this year.
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

Very generous [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] .
Thankful for this place and my family. Both have helped me a lot over the past year.
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

To keep things simple, I will say the thing I am most thankful for, and the one positive that has come out of staying home during these uncertain times is the time spent with my family. My son just turned 4 years old and watching him grow and his curiosity blossom as he get older has been one of the most wonderful joys in my life. I have also had the pleasure (half joking) of taking in my in laws due to Covid related reasons and seeing the relationship they are building with my son is something really special. My father in law never truly knew my son to the level he does now and now they talk all the time. My sons checks in on him to see what he's been up to and they make each other laugh. While I know many have gone through hardships over this period of time I can look at this aspect as a blessing and for that I am truly grateful.
sobwanhoser
MoT Member

Post by sobwanhoser »

A very cool idea from @TheJohnP

As a family that has at-risk members, we have been under lockdown for quite some time now...
As a result, we have relied on delivery services for many of our everyday things.
So, I'm thankful:
- to all those on the front lines = healthcare workers, first responders AND the delivery people who don't get paid enough to deliver all the stuff we rely on. Remember to substantially tip these folks if you can!!
- my family continues to remain safe and healthy;
- I'm still able to work remotely;
- that, among other things, I can get beer delivered to my front door!

MoT is a nice respite to all that is going on, so I'm thankful for finding this place and a few good deals, for a site that was originally verboten on WUS and initially hard to find :)

Also, I unexpectedly discovered that fellow Canadian MoT member [mention]DogOnTime[/mention] lives very close by...what are the odds?
Looks like a post-Covid meet-n-greet is in order...? :lol: !
Miblake206
MoT Member

Post by Miblake206 »

Thanks, JohnP.

I have two special needs children. This pandemic has played hell with my professional life, but it’s made me spend every day with them - and I wouldn’t trade that for anything. I’m grateful for the fact that I know them now much more than I once did - and for the great kids they are turning out to be.
kl884347
MoT Member

Post by kl884347 »

Wow, holy cow. It's like every time you sign on there is something new, wonderful, and often generous happening here. Thanks JohnP!

Tons to be thankful for, every day. I find it amazing that out of something bad, something amazing can happen, like this site and the members in this community. Also the pandemic has forced our family to stay in, not run around so much, and spend more time together. We have always been a close, but now we are so much closer. My son works at home as do I and when my wife calls to see how the day is going, she always asks about my "co-worker downstairs." Instead of going to the gym together, my son and I have taken to long walks where we talk about work, european football, sometimes politics - always interesting and fun and we've found that we're more alike then either of us (jokingly) care to admit. All things, for sure to be thankful for.

Thanks again a ton to everyone that makes this place great!
rich_in_the_lou
MoT Member

Post by rich_in_the_lou »

I have so much to be thankful for - I feel thankful every morning that I wake up and my feet hit the floor - and my wife is there and is OK. My cancer isn't acting up and I am financially secure to the point I can and do give money to less secure friends. After all, I can't take it with me :mrgreen:
chronolunar

Post by chronolunar »

Im thankful for God, my family, and my friends. Im thankful for the relationships that I have.
Isera

Post by Isera »

Wow, thanks for the generous giveaway John! MoT has been a wonderful respite in a chaotic and uncertain year.

I want to give thanks that my family has stayed healthy all year and that we're fortunate enough to be financially secure in these difficult times. Working from home has been a blessing as I've been able to see all of my daughter's firsts rather than spending over half my waking hours in the office and commute.