replacement gaskets for small (6 oz) Ikea stove top espresso maker (solved)

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

replacement gaskets for small (6 oz) Ikea stove top espresso maker (solved)

Post by BostonCharlie »

I have this little (6 oz?) stainless steel moka pot I bought long ago from Ikea. I ran out of replacement gaskets for this stove top espresso maker, and they don't sell them anymore. After much research, I found replacement gaskets sold by Bialetti. They arrived the other day and work perfectly. So I am posting this to advance the collective knowledge of our internet hive mind.

Here are the gaskets on Amazon. Description says aluminum screen, but my old screen is fine so I don't care:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGEU4Q/

This is the package that arrived:
ikea_espresso_gasket-1.jpg
Here are the results. It fits perfectly with my old screen:
ikea_espresso-2.jpg
MoT
Site Admin

Re: replacement gaskets for small (6 oz) Ikea stove top espresso maker (solved)

Post by MoT »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:40 pm I have this little (6 oz?) stainless steel moka pot I bought long ago from Ikea. I ran out of replacement gaskets for this stove top espresso maker, and they don't sell them anymore. After much research, I found replacement gaskets sold by Bialetti. They arrived the other day and work perfectly. So I am posting this to advance the collective knowledge of our internet hive mind.

Here are the gaskets on Amazon. Description says aluminum screen, but my old screen is fine so I don't care:

ikea_espresso-2.jpg
Great tip!

How often do you change the gasket, and do you "prime" it afterwards?

I almost want to go make some coffee with my Bialetti now. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:16 pm
BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:40 pm I have this little (6 oz?) stainless steel moka pot I bought long ago from Ikea. I ran out of replacement gaskets for this stove top espresso maker, and they don't sell them anymore. After much research, I found replacement gaskets sold by Bialetti. They arrived the other day and work perfectly. So I am posting this to advance the collective knowledge of our internet hive mind.

ikea_espresso-2.jpg
Great tip!

I change it when it gets unbearably bad. Heat and pressure do strange things to petroleum products. ;-)

Seeing the photo makes me want some, too, and I just made some! Just as Prometheus taught us about fire and Bacchus taught us about wine, there must be a patron deity for coffee.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

BostonCharlie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:30 pm

ikea_espresso-2.jpg
Great tip!

I change it when it gets unbearably bad. Heat and pressure do strange things to petroleum products. ;-)

Seeing the photo makes me want some, too, and I just made some! Just as Prometheus taught us about fire and Bacchus taught us about wine, there must be a patron deity for coffee.
There is! Saint Drogo. In the Roman Catholic church, he is the patron saint of shepherds, coffee, and the ugly.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:35 pm

Great tip!

There is! Saint Drogo. In the Roman Catholic church, he is the patron saint of shepherds, coffee, and the ugly.
Might have to get something with St. Drogo on it. I don't have any sheep, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Boourns wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:45 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:35 pm

Might have to get something with St. Drogo on it. I don't have any sheep, but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Same two for three as well!

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT