We're Moving!

Click for more info.

The MoT Business Resource Group

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

The MoT Business Resource Group

Post by TheJohnP »

As many of you already know, I've been looking for a job for some time.
I also know a few of you are also on the job hunt too.
I've gotten some job leads from a couple of you, so that helped to inspire this.

Since it has been shown that networking helps folks land a job quicker than anything else, thought it might behoove us to have a thread to help each other out.

Welcome to the MoT Business Resource Group!!

Does your company have an opening and asking if you know someone? Post it here!
Are you looking for a job in a specific industry or company? Post it here!
Do you just want to connect professionally with other folks from the forum? Post it here!

This is a strictly voluntary section, nothing is required of anyone. Other than mutual respect.

I'd like to avoid any lead gen, MLM, or sales posts however. That isn't in the spirit of this thread.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: The MoT Business Resource Group

Post by TheJohnP »

Since I started this, here's my pitch:

I'm a strategic marketing professional with experience in project managing advertising content to run on various platforms (broadcast, digital, app, and social). Looking for positions that can be described as Marketing Project Manager, Creative Project Manager, Content Marketing Manager, etc. But also open to Brand Marketing, Event Marketing, or Field Marketing, as I also have experience with those types of roles.

I have a background in such diverse industries as the music biz, financial services, and most recently Cartoon Network. I am industry agnostic, so happy to look at just about any available opportunity.

Currently live in Atlanta, but open to relocate for the right position.

If anyone would like to connect on LinkedIn, you can find me here - https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnpiedrahita/
Click Icon To Contact Me

kl884347
MoT Member

Post by kl884347 »

OK, I'll go. I'm not looking for work currently.
I am a software developer in healthcare involved with hospital and lab systems.
Over 25 years specializing in MUMPS/Cache programming, experience with Javascript and web delivery technologies although I would not consider myself a full stack developer.
Currently working as a contractor for the Veterans Administration.
Volunteer with a non-profit called Kingdom Racing that does outreach events across IndyCar, SVRA, and King of the Wing racing series.
Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

Not looking, but I'll throw my hat in.
I'm a partner at a boutique law firm in Monterey, CA. We specialize in Family Law and Estates. I run the Estate Planning/Probate/Administration portion of the firm. Also do a lot of Family Law. Would love to connect with anyone in my region or industry.

My wife is a high school spanish teacher in Santa Clara county.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

We are actually looking to hire someone if it is a bit niche. Seeking a 2- to 5-year associate with litigation experience. Prior insurance coverage experience is a big plus. Must be licensed in Texas. The firm is well-known and well-regarded insurance coverage boutique in Dallas. Pay is competitive, work-life balance is real (1900 hours), and the atmosphere is super casual.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Boourns wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:46 pm We are actually looking to hire someone if it is a bit niche. Seeking a 2- to 5-year associate with litigation experience. Prior insurance coverage experience is a big plus. Must be licensed in Texas. The firm is well-known and well-regarded insurance coverage boutique in Dallas. Pay is competitive, work-life balance is real (1900 hours), and the atmosphere is super casual.

That's what I'm talking about!!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

This is a great idea for a topic, thanks for starting it.

Update: the position described bellow has been filled.

The position below comes with a built-in watch loving buddy and will ultimately be the supervisor for an extremely talented (and modest) Jack of all Trades/Troublemaker (myself). So, who wants to be my boss?

Open Position at Boston Children’s Hospital:
Program Administration Manager-Laboratories of Cognitive Neuroscience

ThisProgram Manager for theNelson, Faja, Wilkinson and the Arnett Lab will be responsible for:
• Managing the implementation of program goals and objectives.
• Preparingbudget proposals and recommendations; establishingcontrol systems for controlling expenditures; recommending equipment and resources for program.
• Managing project scope and timeline through formal change management processes; managing project issues and risks through standard issue/risk process; managing the development of internal systems and materials.
• Managing, training, and evaluatingprogram staff for effectiveness and efficiency.
• Performing needs assessments, evaluating and analyzing overall program and individual unit effectiveness; ensuring efficiency and accuracy to fulfill the program mission.
• Providing technical advice, policy interpretation, and guidance for application of appropriate procedures to staff, students and administrators.
• Developing and facilitating/overseeing the development and facilitation of workshops, seminars and orientations.
• Developing informational flyers, internal forms, and various materials to facilitate program services.
• Interacting and maintaining liaison with staff, faculty and outside/community agencies in facilitating program objectives.

To qualify, you must have:
• A Bachelor's degree and four (4) plus years' experience.A Master's degree is preferred.
• Experience with social media platforms and other communication tools (e.g. Publisher) highly desirable.
• The ability to manage a complex portfolio of projects led by a diverse team of scientists with different backgrounds.
• Strong communications skills and abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment are a strong predictor of success in this role.
Last edited by Sporkboy on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ossamanity
MoT Member

Post by ossamanity »

I appreciate TheJohnP for taking the initiative and creating this discussion. I’m looking for a job at the moment. I’m a full-time student at Iowa State University at the moment and graduating in May 2021. My immediate plan after graduating is to start studying for CPA and take the exams ASAP.

I have almost eight years of experience in Accounting and Internal Audit. I have worked in different industries and countries. I bring a comprehensive knowledge of auditing and financial operations through my extensive work experience, including functions, activities, and systems. My last job before going back to school was with a CPA firm here in Iowa. The only industries I’m not interested in are insurance and financial institutions (banks, credit unions, etc.). The roles I’m looking at are Sr. Accountant or Sr. Auditor.

If anyone would like to connect on LinkedIn, you can find me here - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ojamal/.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

This seems like a good opportunity for someone with a sales background looking for a new gig.
TAG Heuer is looking for an Account Executive:

https://www.lvmh.com/job/?ref=TAGH00816
Click Icon To Contact Me

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:19 pm This seems like a good opportunity for someone with a sales background looking for a new gig.
TAG Heuer is looking for an Account Executive:

https://www.lvmh.com/job/?ref=TAGH00816
This would be up your alley, wouldn't it?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

More marketing than sales.
I like to lead the horse to water, not make it buy.
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

This thread got mentioned on the Discord channel, so thought I'd float it back up.

I'm still on the hunt, have a couple of interviews with one company that a recruiting firm hooked me up with. One went well and the other is on Monday, hoping for the best. But of course, preparing for the option to keep searching.

Hopefully things are better for the other folks on the job search.
Click Icon To Contact Me

denormalize
MoT Member

Post by denormalize »

Love this idea so I'm going to try to keep it going.

Not looking, but I have 25 years of experience in technology primarily focused on software development and architecture. Currently leading a Technology Research and Strategy team for a large enterprise software company. The company is continuing to grow in all areas if anyone is looking.