We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by Sporkboy »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:01 am A watch I really like and a great deal make a purchasing sucker out of me! And when I'm on a roll it doesn't have to be that likable of a watch or that good a deal.

There must be a mathematical formula or logical principle that explains this. Perhaps something to do with Jupiter being in the 7th house, the laws of nature or simply the blessings of being a wIs. You think?
---------

Or being meshugah.
I think that you may be onto something here.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:01 am A watch I really like and a great deal make a purchasing sucker out of me! And when I'm on a roll it doesn't have to be that likable of a watch or that good a deal.

There must be a mathematical formula or logical principle that explains this. Perhaps something to do with Jupiter being in the 7th house, the laws of nature or simply the blessings of being a wIs. You think?
---------

Or being meshugah.
Thanks, I knew someone would have the answer. Simple explanations are the best. Life isn't as complicated as we make out to be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WhaleTail
MoT Member

True Confessions

Post by WhaleTail »

I became disenchanted with kickstarter watch companies after a personal experience:

1- Their website STILL shows case thickness 13.5mm which is misleading to say the least ( 16mm anyone?).
2- The stainless steel bracelet I received is a different shade and finish from the case=useless.
3- My attempts at communicating above went unanswered.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

One of my OCD related confessions: the minute hand has to fall exactly on the corresponding marker as the second hand strikes twelve.

Aka: Watchout on WUS.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

WhaleTail wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:39 am I became disenchanted with kickstarter watch companies after a personal experience:

1- Their website STILL shows case thickness 13.5mm which is misleading to say the least ( 16mm anyone?).
2- The stainless steel bracelet I received is a different shade and finish from the case=useless.
3- My attempts at communicating above went unanswered.Image

They DEFINITELY should have been responsive to you, and that is completely unacceptable in my book. These startups need to realize that customer service makes or breaks the brand and whether they will achieve customer loyalty or advocacy. I see it time and time again, and it is sad.

One thing, I think the case thickness excludes the crystal dome...that would explain the delta with #1.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

A non-watch related true confession - I don't watch a great deal of NBA basketball anymore but I watched as much of the Finals as I could. I knew from the start that I wanted the Raptors to win and I enjoyed rooting for Kawhi Leonard and watching him live up to all that potential that was so obvious from the start of his career. He shows you can be a great competitor without even a hint of the outrageous, ****, immature, arrogant, entitled behavior that can be a bit too common in professional sports. And it's not at all like me to root against someone as I generally just wish positive things for all people. But as much of a thrill as it was to see Kawhi succeed, I have to admit it was almost equally satisfying to see Draymond Green lose.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

That feeling when you find a deal, search the forum to see if anyone else has posted about it...only to find out that you already had.

D'oh.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:42 am That feeling when you find a deal, search the forum to see if anyone else has posted about it...only to find out that you already had.

D'oh.
-------

I wish I could give more than one like!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I just watched a couple episodes of a show called "dopesick nation" on viceland. It is a pretty fascinating look at just how bad the opiod epidemic really is BUT. . . I am having trouble focusing on the show when one of the people trying to help these people has a watch that is always sideways on his wrist and the strap tail is NEVER in the keeper and always just flopping around all willy nilly.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Mrs. Dub Rubb recently changed work schedules, and wakes up earlier than I have to by about an hour. So, subsequently I do too. A byproduct of this is I have abandoned my alarm clock on my nightstand and replaced it with my NTH. Hit that bad boy with a UV flashlight before bed and set it on the nightstand.

I was surprised that when I did the same thing last night with my turtle(my go to standard for lume), it was much harder to read come 5am. Renegade FTW!!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

I reckon it will take me another 6 months to figure out how to operate a mesh bracelet.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Accuracy discussions bug me. Specifically when a watch is within spec for the movement however people are still expecting better. Especially when they go on and on about it. Just buy a quartz or look at your cell phone if 5 - 20 secs a day is that big of a deal to you.

To be clear I know its a free county and accuracy falls into a subject to be expected on a watch forum. My confession is that it bugs me. Not that people shouldn't discuss it.

Next confession:
I like buying watches WAY more then selling.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

mplsabdullah wrote:
Same, which is why I've never sold a watch and never will. I'd rather give one to someone who needed it than go through the hassles of selling.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

larand wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:50 pm
mplsabdullah wrote:
Same, which is why I've never sold a watch and never will. I'd rather give one to someone who needed it than go through the hassles of selling.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
--------

Ditto.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TC - A while back I ran across this post at the link below over on WUS. Since then I've thought about it a fairly often. I hope things are improved for whoever posted it. Every once in a while I wonder if I should follow suit.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f530/plea ... 97763.html