We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by whoagorgeous »

tommy_boy wrote:
whoagorgeous wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 pm I've always wanted a bund strap. But Im too cheap to buy a cheap one off Amazon and I can't afford a $200 one. :?

Credit: 922leather
Andrea has made three for me. Soft leather custom bund. All good.
Pics!

..... Please. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:11 pm
tommy_boy wrote:
whoagorgeous wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 pm I've always wanted a bund strap. But Im too cheap to buy a cheap one off Amazon and I can't afford a $200 one. :?

Credit: 922leather
Andrea has made three for me. Soft leather custom bund. All good.
Pics!

..... Please. Lol

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
OK! :D

The perforated one was made for a rather long watch that I sold.

The one with more versatility (L2L-wise) was made for this watch. Thin material so that it doesn't sit even higher, while keeping the crown off of my wrist.

Just my $0.02 USD as always.
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Confession: though I try hard to limit my collection just to pieces I wear and will wear regularly, I keep having the idea of a Timex only subcollection. Timex makes and have made so many interesting and attractive watches, and they're at such attainable price points I constantly feel the pull. But I know I wouldn't wear too many Timexes when I have my Glycine and Seikos and Zodiac around...
Sporkboy
MoT Member

True Confessions

Post by Sporkboy »

cortman wrote:Confession: though I try hard to limit my collection just to pieces I wear and will wear regularly, I keep having the idea of a Timex only subcollection. Timex makes and have made so many interesting and attractive watches, and they're at such attainable price points I constantly feel the pull. But I know I wouldn't wear too many Timexes when I have my Glycine and Seikos and Zodiac around...
I am also considering breaking out my Timex watches into a sub collection. That would make my primary box make more sense. Also, Timex has a huge back catalog of affordable vintage watches, which I could probably collect happily, and cheaply, for a really long time.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I lost an eBay auction last night and I am very relieved. It was for 1.25 kg of expansion bracelets. I would have been set on those forever, but the prospect of cleaning that many grime hiding expansion bracelets seemed daunting enough that I reduced my max bid in the last hour. At least the winner didn’t get it at the auction minimum.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Confession: I haven't worn a watch in 8 days.... Been so busy with other stuff I keep forgetting
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:34 pm Confession: I haven't worn a watch in 8 days.... Been so busy with other stuff I keep forgetting
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:34 pm Confession: I haven't worn a watch in 8 days.... Been so busy with other stuff I keep forgetting
You have been officially given a 30 day time out your account has been suspended.

Sincerely,

Your WUS Moderator
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

OK, sorry, but WTF could be so distracting that for eight days you don't put a watch on your wrist when you get, you know, dressed and stuff? :D

"Oh, sorry boss. Yeah, I normally wear pants but I was so busy with other stuff that I forgot to put them on. Do you have a pair in your desk that I can wear today?"
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

tommy_boy wrote:
OK, sorry, but WTF could be so distracting that for eight days you don't put a watch on your wrist when you get, you know, dressed and stuff? :D

"Oh, sorry boss. Yeah, I normally wear pants but I was so busy with other stuff that I forgot to put them on. Do you have a pair in your desk that I can wear today?"
Lmao been so busy I actually haven't been home for a few days because of projects and stuff and travel. Gotta love year end right
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:23 pm
tommy_boy wrote:

Lmao been so busy I actually haven't been home for a few days because of projects and stuff and travel. Gotta love year end right
You have been cheating and frequently using your phone to tell time, haven't you? Confess!
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

cel4145 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 am Confess!
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

>be me
>be browsing the forum
>brush dog hair off the trackpad
>somehow mark all threads read in the process

Well, I suppose that's one way to deal with procrastinating on catching up on everything.

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:41 pm
whoagorgeous wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:59 pm I hate FedEx so much.
I will opt to pay more to have delivery made by another service, or if that's not an option, I won't purchase from the retailer.
And they used to be pretty good. Now it's UPS who's been pretty decent after having been about as bad as FedEx is today.

Be sure to tell retailers if you're bailing on them for not having better shipping options, and why FedEx is so loathed. It could change their minds. Oh, and in the meantime you might have better luck having it delivered to one of their pickup locations. It was the only way I was able to get the last FedEx-delivered package I ordered. (On the other hand the UPS guy knocked and waited at the door for me to answer when he dropped off a large box with a brand name boldly emblazoned across it, not because a signature was required, but because he wanted to make sure it didn't walk off my porch before I got it.)
Split-Time wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 am My wife can't tell the difference in my watches but our son, who is about to turn five, has suddenly become very observant. Life is about to become very interesting in our household.
Shoulda stuck with dogs. Dogs would never betray you.
tommy_boy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:21 pm "Oh, sorry boss. Yeah, I normally wear pants but I was so busy with other stuff that I forgot to put them on. Do you have a pair in your desk that I can wear today?"
I get that dream too, except I'm back in high school again and I have an oral report due.
Last edited by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! on Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
tommy_boy wrote:

How dare you. I rather forget my pants than my watch. Mere folks may not see it, but us WIS here can see that you are walking around totally naked. Buy one off the guy standing on the corner, will ya.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Injured my forearm, so can't wear a watch on my left wrist for a few days. And I hate wearing one on the right. Arrggghhh! :(

Guess I'll have to resort to checking time on my phone, like AndroidIsAwesome :lol: