We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by whoagorgeous »

whoagorgeous wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:59 pm I hate FedEx so much.

My 5KX was supposedly "delivered."

Checked my video footage and sure enough, FedEx stopped across the street but never came by the house.

Now I gotta go through all this investigation bs.

/rant

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Update: I've tried contacting both FedEx and Kohl and was given the "oh we'll take a look into it" bullcrap. I was going to escalate it until I came home to this.

Apparently it was delivered to the house BEHIND my house, which apparently has the same street number but COMPLETELY different street name. How the ef did this delivery guy make such a mistake.

I'm just grateful and thankful for the descent folks who took their time to find me and went to drop it off.

This will be my first and last transaction with KOHLS.

Edit - taken down pic
Last edited by whoagorgeous on Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

whoagorgeous wrote:

Checked my video footage and sure enough, FedEx stopped across the street but never came by the house.

/rant

Update: I've tried contacting both FedEx and Kohl and was given the "oh we'll take a look into it" bullcrap. I was going to escalate it until I came home to this.

Apparently it was delivered to the house BEHIND my house, which apparently has the same street number but COMPLETELY different street name. How the ef did this delivery guy make such a mistake.

I'm just grateful and thankful for the descent folks who took their time to find me and went to drop it off.

I admit that I was initially confused to as why someone would drop off a package on your door with a computer mouse on it. However, I did realize it was blocking your home address in the end.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I love clasps with side release buttons, and hate clasps that are just friction fit where I have to jam my fingernail in to open it.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:I love clasps with side release buttons, and hate clasps that are just friction fit where I have to jam my fingernail in to open it.
I've resorted to using tools to open one of my invicta clasps. Every time it felt like I was either going to open it, or rip off my fingernail. Buttons FTW.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Split-Time wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 am My wife can't tell the difference in my watches but our son, who is about to turn five, has suddenly become very observant. Life is about to become very interesting in our household.
Clearly he inherited his W chromosome from daddy. 🤪
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I confess to spending way too much time trying to find images of Batman in a blue and black outfit. These are not as easy to find as blue doesn’t often show up.
FDD8A530-307C-4BC3-B305-4F8C8F328E37.jpeg

More commonly you will find black, gray and yellow. There was an action figure with a blue gauntlet and black outer-underwear.
6DA36B23-9EB0-446F-9BF5-596739A32ECE.jpeg
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

There is no worse feeling than when you miss out on a deal because you spent too long deciding on it and could have bought it in the first place. Because that just happened to me on an Omega Seamaster and I am very mad at myself.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:There is no worse feeling than when you miss out on a deal because you spent too long deciding on it and could have bought it in the first place. Because that just happened to me on an Omega Seamaster and I am very mad at myself.
I am in the same boat tonight, except with the Eterna Royal KonTiki Chronograph. It was on my list to buy for years. Although I am out of budget, I still regret it.

Time to sleep with regrets.

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

whoagorgeous wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:There is no worse feeling than when you miss out on a deal because you spent too long deciding on it and could have bought it in the first place. Because that just happened to me on an Omega Seamaster and I am very mad at myself.
I am in the same boat tonight, except with the Eterna Royal KonTiki Chronograph. It was on my list to buy for years. Although I am out of budget, I still regret it.

Time to sleep with regrets.

Haha I feel the exact same way with this deal. I've been telling myself for maybe 7 years now that one day I will own a Seamaster. I guess that day is not today
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

whoagorgeous wrote:

/rant

I hope that's not your home address on the label in the upper left of the pic.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Just realized that working with glitter in the same space that I use for working on watches was probably a bad idea. I may have to lean in on this one and start using glitter on dial designs.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

I just don't like the Eterna logo with the circle of dots above the name. I think it's a good design from a graphic design standpoint, and I completely understand why others would like it. For some reason I cannot explain, I personally don't like the aesthetics of it.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

cel4145 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:36 pm I just don't like the Eterna logo with the circle of dots above the name. I think it's a good design from a graphic design standpoint, and I completely understand why others would like it. For some reason I cannot explain, I personally don't like the aesthetics of it.
------

Those dots represent ball bearings:

"In 1948, Eterna advanced self-winding watch technology with the development of the Eterna-matic automatic movement. The use of five strategically placed ball bearings made the movement very efficient and significantly reduced friction and resistance on the oscillating weight that wound the mainspring."

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Eterna
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

I've always wanted a bund strap. But Im too cheap to buy a cheap one off Amazon and I can't afford a $200 one. :?

Credit: 922leather
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

whoagorgeous wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 pm I've always wanted a bund strap. But Im too cheap to buy a cheap one off Amazon and I can't afford a $200 one. :?

Credit: 922leather
Andrea has made three for me. Soft leather custom bund. All good.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.