We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Today was the first day in a good while that I didn't start the day off by putting my teeshirt on backwards.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Dub Rubb wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:I knew that I loved my daughter truly for the first time last week when I realized that I didn’t mind eating the blue M&Ms that she suddenly didn’t like to eat. She will be 4 years old in August.
I do this with my wife. She hates green and purple Skittles, so sometimes I will grab the bag from our cabinet of temptation and be very disappointed that all that are left are greens and purples. I'll still eat em, but it's a bummer. At least M&Ms all taste the same!

And maybe your daughter is just an old soul. I remember I time when there weren't any blue M&Ms!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
I remember when they had a 1-800 number to call and vote for a new color or no change. Not sure how many times I called in to vote for no change, but I guess it didn’t help.

I take it that the voting was just for publicity and didn’t actually change the plans. Alas, I was young and didn’t know any better.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I've gotten into a nightly routine of checking whether [mention]watchpalooza[/mention] got his case open or not before I drift off to sleep.
Living a comeback montage.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

peskydonut wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:56 pm I've gotten into a nightly routine of checking whether @watchpalooza got his case open or not before I drift off to sleep.
Hahaha....unfortunately not. I have some new tools on order though...hoping to crack that @#@#!!! thing open.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Confession: I have a ton of NATO straps. I like them. But I almost only ever wear my 2-3 gray ones, because they look so good...
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

I convinced my son to let me trim the stem on his Swiss Calvin Klein (I did an imperfect job replacing his missing crown last time around) well... I screwed it up and now he got, (yes from me) two brand new black and white versions, (I kept the blue) automatic 2824-2 Calvin Klein replacements.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

My wife and I play a game with our daughter over dinner where we pick a letter and give clues to words that start with that letter.

‘W’ comes up and we are going along and I am out of words that my daughter is likely to guess. My wife says, ‘this is something that Papa wears on his wrist and uses to check the time.’ Really? I couldn’t think of watch? Shame.
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

I get satisfaction watching my 14 yr old son, out of habit, put on his Casio G-Shock as he leaves the house. I trained him well. ;)
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

I find a dive time bezel the perfect tool for timing things my five year old should or should not be doing, especially during these quarantine days. Multiple times per day.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

I am haunted by the feeling that there is a deal out there that I haven't yet found.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

peskydonut wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:39 pm I am haunted by the feeling that there is a deal out there that I haven't yet found.

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:53 pm
peskydonut wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:39 pm I am haunted by the feeling that there is a deal out there that I haven't yet found.

Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Split-Time wrote:I find a dive time bezel the perfect tool for timing things my five year old should or should not be doing, especially during these quarantine days. Multiple times per day.
I find that a chronograph or a countdown timer is helpful for ‘beat the clock’ tasks with my 3-year-old.
Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

I can't sort through my emails to keep track of which watches i have incoming from where. The delays on international shipping are not helping. The upcoming Summer of George will have a few surprises for me, if i can get up to go check the front porch.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

When I started cutting my own hair about 7 years ago, little did I know I was preparing for the strange times ahead. I just thought that's what you do after you get three awful haircuts in a row and you're a complete cheapskate.