We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by yinzburgher »

WhaleTail wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:24 pm I am “sinking about” selling all my prized Swiss made watches, and sticking to the beaters. Less stress.

I sink about this from time to time too but haven't ever entertained the idea too seriously. If you were to keep just one of the nice Swiss watches, what might you pick?
WhaleTail
MoT Member

True Confessions

Post by WhaleTail »

yinzburgher wrote:
WhaleTail wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:24 pm I am “sinking about” selling all my prized Swiss made watches, and sticking to the beaters. Less stress.

I sink about this from time to time too but haven't ever entertained the idea too seriously. If you were to keep just one of the nice Swiss watches, what might you pick?
I would be torn between the Pan Europ and the Kontiki, Rado is up there too.Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by WhaleTail on Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

WhaleTail wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:27 am
yinzburgher wrote:

I would be torn between the Pan Europ an the Kontiki, Rado is up there too.Image

Nice collection. I guess my first choice would be to keep them all but I also sink I could easily still be a very happy watchgeek with a Pan Europ and 3 or 4 beaters.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

TC - On ebay, you can make a list of items that you are following or keeping an eye on. It is called a "Watch List" and the maximum number of listings you can have on it is 300. At any given time, my "Watch List" consists of roughly 295 watches and related items, and about 5 other miscellaneous items. I'm not so sure this "Watch List" was intended to be taken quite so literally.
WhaleTail
MoT Member

Post by WhaleTail »

I can’t stand a watch where the hour hand is as long as the minute’s, on the other hand ( pun intended) a stubby hour hand is a turn off.

In my book, the minute’s hand is never too long, but the hour one could be too short.

Aka: Watchout on WUS.
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

I love to wear cargo’s .. then i get to carry two more watches in the extra pockets ... (only rubber or leather strap ones ) [emoji16][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

Halaku wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:05 am I love to wear cargo’s .. then i get to carry two more watches in the extra pockets ... (only rubber or leather strap ones ) [emoji16][emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Don't know if I should laugh or call you brilliant! Maybe both.
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

yinzburgher wrote:TC - On ebay, you can make a list of items that you are following or keeping an eye on. It is called a "Watch List" and the maximum number of listings you can have on it is 300. At any given time, my "Watch List" consists of roughly 295 watches and related items, and about 5 other miscellaneous items. I'm not so sure this "Watch List" was intended to be taken quite so literally.
Every time I hit the “watch” button on an eBay listing for a watch I laugh inside while imagining a scenario where that button is a captcha-type validation of what is being sold in that listing.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

When you have a watch you like and enjoy.
But then a sale price makes you contemplate and fight the urge to buy another in a different colorway.

Just sitting here resisting picking up a Codek Sprial in white or a CCCP Friedmann in black with the gold accents.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

TheJohnP wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:59 pm When you have a watch you like and enjoy.
But then a sale price makes you contemplate and fight the urge to buy another in a different colorway.

Just sitting here resisting picking up a Codek Sprial in white or a CCCP Friedmann in black with the gold accents.
Funny you say this...I was on the Codek site yesterday, one click away from ordering a white dial version...
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
networkned

Post by networkned »

Posted this in a different thread, but this is where it belongs...

I just realized AVI-8 is "aviate" and I feel really stupid
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

networkned wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:43 pm Posted this in a different thread, but this is where it belongs...

I just realized AVI-8 is "aviate" and I feel really stupid
-------

And that's why I won't buy one of them--it's too cutesie!
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

When you buy a leather strap on sale and you really like it, but it doesn't quite fit with anything in your collection.
So you start toying with the idea of getting another watch to put it on.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

I wish there was a way to have all my watches in the front row of my watch box without having to get a really wide box. I feel like my watches behind the first row don't get enough attention.

I think if I had less watches I would "enjoy" the ones I have more however I'm also at a point where I really like what I have and save for 1 or 2 I don't really want to sell any of them.

I want to buy a new watch that I have had my eye on (its not a "must have" though) for a while and its now available at a reasonable price however 1. It still cost more then I'm comfortable spending. 2. I really should sell something if I buy this and I have no idea which watch to sell. 3. I do have one watch that I need to list however its worth is much less then the watch I currently want to buy and I've been very lazy about listing it. 4. I hate dealing with selling a watch.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

mplsabdullah wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:20 pm I wish there was a way to have all my watches in the front row of my watch box without having to get a really wide box. I feel like my watches behind the first row don't get enough attention.
-----

Think of all those watches with an inferiority complex. I think some psychological intervention is called for.
-------
Alternatively, perhaps in the stygian recesses of the box the scorned inhabitants of the mplsabullah empire are plotting an uprising to throw off the shackles of inequality. Liberté, égalité, fraternité!