We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: True Confessions

Post by TheJohnP »

WhaleTail wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:45 pm I feel compelled to buy the deals I post (out of pride or guilt? Who knows). Needless to say I avoid posting many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whereas I post deals so others will buy them out and I'm not tempted.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I don't care enough about lume to have an opinion on the color that is used.
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I have no issues with the name or name placement.
In fact, I kind of prefer the 9 position they're currently using.
But for some reason, I can't seem to be able to pull the trigger on a Christopher Ward.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Stretch44
MoT Member

Post by Stretch44 »

It's 2:20 pm and I haven't put a watch on today, but I've spent most of the day on MoT and looking at watches. When I take time off of work I usually do two or three changes...
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

I'm going to have to take back all my dislike of rubber straps. I've been enjoying them so much this summer. Only silicone or fluorine, though.
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

I couldn't make a decision, so I have three different versions of the Casio AE-1200 "Royale" incoming.

I may have a problem.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

larand wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:40 am I couldn't make a decision, so I have three different versions of the Casio AE-1200 "Royale" incoming.

I may have a problem.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.
I don't think so. You are just being comprehensive and leaivng no stone unturned. You have some nice qualities!
PetrosD
MoT Member

Post by PetrosD »

You know how when you see a new word for the first time, your brain tries to sound it out?

So Edox makes a watch model called the Chronorally. But the first time I saw that model name, and for many times thereafter, my brain read it as Chron-orally rather than the correct Chrono-rally.

Now, even though I know the latter is correct, every time I see that model name my brain immediately calls it the former. Maybe that's one of the dangers of made up words.

I don't care how nice of a watch it might be, it's a watch model that I will never buy...

Rolex taste....Timex budget

WhaleTail
MoT Member

True Confessions

Post by WhaleTail »

PetrosD wrote:You know how when you see a new word for the first time, your brain tries to sound it out?

So Edox makes a watch model called the Chronorally. But the first time I saw that model name, and for many times thereafter, my brain read it as Chron-orally rather than the correct Chrono-rally.

Now, even though I know the latter is correct, every time I see that model name my brain immediately calls it the former. Maybe that's one of the dangers of made up words.

I don't care how nice of a watch it might be, it's a watch model that I will never buy...

Rolex taste....Timex budget
Analog-Digital watches has a similar problem in my brain, so when people write Ana-dig I think of prostate exam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aka: Watchout on WUS.
recapt
MoT Member

True Confessions

Post by recapt »

I am dead set on buying a particular watch even though I have never even seen a picture of it (it doesn’t exist yet, but is due out before the end of 2020). It’s also a completely new watch, not an update of an existing model, from a brand I have never owned. It makes me feel kinda crazy but I can’t imagine not pulling the trigger when it’s released.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:02 am I am dead set on buying a particular watch even though I have never even seen a picture of it (it doesn’t exist yet, but is due out before the end of 2020). It’s also a completely new watch, not an update of an existing model, from a brand I have never owned. It makes me feel kinda crazy but I can’t imagine not pulling the trigger when it’s released.
Well, well, well, are you going to tell us what it is or do we have to wait until December and keep checking the Show Off Your New Watch thread?! If it's a LE, then keep it to yourself as I don't want to spoil your chance of getting it. :)
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

recapt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:02 am I am dead set on buying a particular watch even though I have never even seen a picture of it (it doesn’t exist yet, but is due out before the end of 2020). It’s also a completely new watch, not an update of an existing model, from a brand I have never owned. It makes me feel kinda crazy but I can’t imagine not pulling the trigger when it’s released.
From this description, I'm getting a strong vibe that it's Halios, Smiths, or MKII.
Click Icon To Contact Me

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:30 am
From this description, I'm getting a strong vibe that it's Halios, Smiths, or MKII.
Ooooh, this could be a fun game. Halios does send out teasers. Not sure about Smiths or MKII. Knowing [mention]recapt[/mention], it'd most likely be on the smaller side. ;)
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Good guesses [mention]TheJohnP[/mention] & [mention]pdsf[/mention].

It’s actually a 39mm GMT that Lorier plans to release. I have wanted to own that brand for a while now and, combined with the flat link bracelet, the hi-dome plexi, and there overall mid-century aesthetics, a sub-40mm GMT is just too good for me to pass up.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

recapt wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:27 am Good guesses @TheJohnP & @pdsf.

It’s actually a 39mm GMT that Lorier plans to release. I have wanted to own that brand for a while now and, combined with the flat link bracelet, the hi-dome plexi, and there overall mid-century aesthetics, a sub-40mm GMT is just too good for me to pass up.
Ha! Based on their aesthetics, I am pretty sure their GMT will look very nice. They haven't released any teasers, have they? I didn't see any when I checked IG just now.

I just received notification that I can buy this Falcon II if I want:
Annotation 2020-09-09 114945.png
https://www.lorierwatches.com/products/falcon-sii-white

But should I? I want to hear negatives haha

I guess my true confession is I really should not buy another watch. I have no need for another watch. I love what I have. But I kinda like this one.