We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

I hate stripped screws.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

At 20 years old I was completely uninterested in possessions of almost any kind. I was a minimalist, non-materialistic, bordering on anti-materialistic. So if I told my 20 year-old self that in another 20 years he would have a collection comprising dozens of wristwatches, I think it would probably be met with disbelief, or disdain, or maybe even pity. The thing is, I'm not so sure I'd be capable of explaining it or justifying it to him. Luckily such a scenario is unlikely to arise. I guess I'm in the clear. :roll:
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:31 pm At 20 years old I was completely uninterested in possessions of almost any kind. I was a minimalist, non-materialistic, bordering on anti-materialistic. So if I told my 20 year-old self that in another 20 years he would have a collection comprising dozens of wristwatches, I think it would probably be met with disbelief, or disdain, or maybe even pity. The thing is, I'm not so sure I'd be capable of explaining it or justifying it to him. Luckily such a scenario is unlikely to arise. I guess I'm in the clear. :roll:
[mention]yinzburgher[/mention], you turned away from your true self in order to keep us informed and entertained. I/We thank you!!

I think I am only a minimalist in my aesthetic preference. I have way too many backpacks and shoes but I love them all. Interestingly, I don't want to have more than 8-10 watches.... that could change I guess... :?
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

I love my analog watches, both quartz and mechanical, but my Casio G-Shock GWM5610 adjusted itself for DST this morning and it's now my favorite child.

Tap. Talk. Buy a watch. Repeat.

pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

larand wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:48 am I love my analog watches, both quartz and mechanical, but my Casio G-Shock GWM5610 adjusted itself for DST this morning and it's now my favorite child.

That's great!! Worthy of your affection. :) My GWM did sync once upon a time, but I have not been able to get it sync'ed in the last two places I lived in, and even though it's supposed to be JDM, it didn't even sync when I was in Japan!!! :evil: :cry:
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

larand wrote:I love my analog watches, both quartz and mechanical, but my Casio G-Shock GWM5610 adjusted itself for DST this morning and it's now my favorite child.

Mine sync’d to DST too! But what I can’t figure out is how it did that since is shows the last sync time as 1:08 am this morning. [emoji848]
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

larand wrote:I love my analog watches, both quartz and mechanical, but my Casio G-Shock GWM5610 adjusted itself for DST this morning and it's now my favorite child.

I was staring at mine when it would've changed but it didn't for some reason. It's now my least favorite child
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

It took me to today to notice that my G-Shock 5600 has a different tone when you get back to the main screen. I guess so you can navigate it in the dark when the back light is off.
peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Is it weird to like a watch so much that you find yourself shopping for another just like the one on your wrist?
Living a comeback montage.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

peskydonut wrote:Is it weird to like a watch so much that you find yourself shopping for another just like the one on your wrist?
What, like a backup watch? Super weird. You are a strange fella*.

*I have a backup SARB033 and SKX007J. Just in case.[emoji6]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

peskydonut
MoT Member

Post by peskydonut »

Dub Rubb wrote:
peskydonut wrote:Is it weird to like a watch so much that you find yourself shopping for another just like the one on your wrist?

Yes, exactly! Cause you never know right?

I scheming to get me a Khaki Field Mechanical backup.
Living a comeback montage.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

My true confession is whenever I visit this thread or receive notification about this thread, this song often pops into my head:

I guess I am an 80s child. :)
Sporkboy
MoT Member

True Confessions

Post by Sporkboy »

peskydonut wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:

Yes, exactly! Cause you never know right?

I scheming to get me a Khaki Field Mechanical backup.
I have a backup Momentum SLK. No longer made and I really like it. I sent it to my brother, but he returned it as it was too small for him at 38mm. In the interim I had purchased one to replace that one. Now I have two and I can’t see myself selling off one of them.

If I had to pare down to 3 watches, this would be in the mix so I think it is worth having a backup since at the present time they are not very expensive when they come up. Since they are out of production and the modules are unavailable, they are going to get harder and harder to come by. How’s that for justification?
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

No backup watches for me, though I've been tempted to get two varieties of the same model already.
But because watches are so patently a luxury item, even if they are "only" in the low hundreds in price, I have a hard time buying multiples of the same model, either for backups or different colorways.
It's a product of my upbringing and socio-economic situation- no judgement at all on anyone who is either free of or can transcend such mental blocks lol.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

cortman wrote:No backup watches for me, though I've been tempted to get two varieties of the same model already.
But because watches are so patently a luxury item, even if they are "only" in the low hundreds in price, I have a hard time buying multiples of the same model, either for backups or different colorways.
It's a product of my upbringing and socio-economic situation- no judgement at all on anyone who is either free of or can transcend such mental blocks lol.
Are you trying to say that an SKX007, SKX009, and SKX011 is too much? They are all so different [emoji23] beer and whiskey and the internet really effed up my mental blocks, cuz I can justify all of em!(to myself, and almost my wife)