We're Moving!

Click for more info.

True Confessions

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: True Confessions

Post by Dub Rubb »

True confession:

Sometimes when I am already wearing socks indoors, I will wear flip flops to get the mail or some other outside task.

I am not embarrassed in the least. In fact, every time I look down, I feel like a ninja! Then Mrs. Dub Rubb tells me I ain't getting any looking like that.

Still wearing the socks and sandals while perusing eBay for shurikens and caltrops.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:44 am
cortman wrote:No backup watches for me, though I've been tempted to get two varieties of the same model already.
But because watches are so patently a luxury item, even if they are "only" in the low hundreds in price, I have a hard time buying multiples of the same model, either for backups or different colorways.
It's a product of my upbringing and socio-economic situation- no judgement at all on anyone who is either free of or can transcend such mental blocks lol.
Are you trying to say that an SKX007, SKX009, and SKX011 is too much? They are all so different [emoji23] beer and whiskey and the internet really effed up my mental blocks, cuz I can justify all of em!(to myself, and almost my wife)

Lol hey they are different, and sometimes a different color scheme is just what you want at a given time, I know that for sure. I really hope I didn't come off as judgey and holier-than-thou in my post, apologies if so. It's just a weird predilection of mine.
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Dub Rubb wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:48 am True confession:

Sometimes when I am already wearing socks indoors, I will wear flip flops to get the mail or some other outside task.

I am not embarrassed in the least. In fact, every time I look down, I feel like a ninja! Then Mrs. Dub Rubb tells me I ain't getting any looking like that.

Still wearing the socks and sandals while perusing eBay for shurikens and caltrops.

Haha! On a related note, I have noticed that I can concentrate better and be more productive when I wear shoes (proper shoes, not flip flops) while working at home.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Jumped into the shower wearing a vintage watch today...
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

watchpalooza wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:01 am Jumped into the shower wearing a vintage watch today...
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

So used to being home that I realized at the store I still had my house shoes on...
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

watchpalooza wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:46 am So used to being home that I realized at the store I still had my house shoes on...
=============

At least you had the right pants on--at least I hope so.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:So used to being home that I realized at the store I still had my house shoes on...
Ive heard this term, but WTF are house shoes? Slippers?

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:33 pm
watchpalooza wrote:So used to being home that I realized at the store I still had my house shoes on...
Ive heard this term, but WTF are house shoes? Slippers?

Basically yes...in parts of Europe even the kids are sent to school with an extra pair of “house shoes” to change into when they go inside. Some are slippers, some look more like shoes.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Guyinwatch
MoT Member

Post by Guyinwatch »

I spent [insert amount of time] trying to decide which watch to wear for a telehealth appointment this morning before realizing what a joke my life has become. I also took a shower for said appointment, even though I am bald, furthering the punchline.
Edit: I went with the sarb017 obvs
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I knew that I loved my daughter truly for the first time last week when I realized that I didn’t mind eating the blue M&Ms that she suddenly didn’t like to eat. She will be 4 years old in August.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:34 pm I knew that I loved my daughter truly for the first time last week when I realized that I didn’t mind eating the blue M&Ms that she suddenly didn’t like to eat. She will be 4 years old in August.
-----

Eat blue M&Ms and turn into a Smurf.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Sporkboy wrote:I knew that I loved my daughter truly for the first time last week when I realized that I didn’t mind eating the blue M&Ms that she suddenly didn’t like to eat. She will be 4 years old in August.
I do this with my wife. She hates green and purple Skittles, so sometimes I will grab the bag from our cabinet of temptation and be very disappointed that all that are left are greens and purples. I'll still eat em, but it's a bummer. At least M&Ms all taste the same!

And maybe your daughter is just an old soul. I remember I time when there weren't any blue M&Ms!

cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

Sporkboy wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:34 pm I knew that I loved my daughter truly for the first time last week when I realized that I didn’t mind eating the blue M&Ms that she suddenly didn’t like to eat. She will be 4 years old in August.
Ha, my daughter will be 4 this August as well! Little girls are so cool but so unpredictable lol.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

cortman wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:57 pm
girls are so cool but so unpredictable lol.

A trait that does not diminish with age.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody