We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Some Personal News

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Some Personal News

Post by TheJohnP »

A milestone is a milestone.
Congrats to Mrs.MoT for continuing on the pathway to recovery.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
gazza74
MoT Member

Post by gazza74 »

Thoughts going out to both of you, and wishes for continued treatment success for Mrs MOT.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime wrote:Brief update.

We are, for all intents and purposes, in a holding pattern.

Mrs.MoT finished IV antibiotics this past Friday, and she was so excited to not have to be hooked up to something 24/7.

She passed the half-way mark of radiation and is still tolerating it extremely well. She's feeling quite good and would like to go back to work (not having a paycheck has been really stressful for her, even if she won't admit it), but her docs have told her to wait until the end of radiation, which is the 12th of July.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.
While it may not seem like it at the time, this all seems to be good news. I admire Mrs. MoTs work ethic though even though we all know she just needs to get herself better, she is still looking at the bigger picture. Glad things are going well. As always, Mrs. Dub Rubb and I are keeping you in our thoughts(she actually asked about you guys the other day). I will be happy to report that things are looking good and can't wait for the day when this is all behind you both. Hopefully very soon!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I haven't updated this in a while as there hasn't been anything to update, until this week.

Mrs.Mot was complaining about a rash on her hip and initially thought it was a side effect from the radiation that ended on the 12th. It was itchy and somewhat painful so we decided to have it looked at.

Shingles! :lol:

Doc said it's not unusual. Shingles are somewhat opportunistic and with a slightly lowered immune system it makes it easier for them to develop. Some antiviral medicine and cream for the itching and they're going away and we have something to go "For Pete's sake!" and laugh about.

Coming up Mrs.MoT is having a PICC line placed on the 5th of August (no more ports, thank you very much) so she can resume chemo on the 8th.

Sidenote: Mrs.MoT completed her first 40 hours back at work (she did 16 hours last week). While exhausting, she was very happy about it. "I was so productive this week!"
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:”I was so productive this week!"
That’s awesome. God bless.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Mrs.MoT's chemo restarts this morning.

We're nervous and apprehensive, especially with what happened last time, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We just have to get there.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
Brice
Brand Rep

Post by Brice »

I am sending all my positive thoughts and prayers to Mrs. MoT, wishing her a complete recovery.
The Time Locker Newsletter & Launch Alert
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

It's been a while since I posted an update, but there really hasn't been much to report. That's a good thing!

Just before my last update, Mrs.MoT had a repeat CT scan of her chest and pelvis. Every organ they looked at (lungs, liver, bowel, etc) came back perfectly clear. That was a relief!

The chemo session on the 8th of August and the one on the 28th went very well. Some nausea, loss of appetite and quite a lot of muscle/bone aches, but those are all expected. I also shaved her head, again, not long after the infusion on the 28th. That's twice this year I've done that, and it's something I hope no one else ever has to do for a loved one.

Today was to be another infusion (5 of 6) day, but it turned out not to be. Her routine blood work showed that her platelet levels dropped below the minimum they require for chemo. The doctor was not concerned at all, in fact she informed us that this far along in treatment it is to be expected; it takes the body a little longer to bounce back. Mrs.MoT was not bothered by it at all, other than the fact that it pushes everything back another week.

She ended up having one unit of blood transfused and we get to go back next week to hopefully get #5 done.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Glad things are on the right track.

Continued good wishes for a full recovery.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Great news MoT! I am always glad when I hear that things are on the up and up. We are still thinking of you both and keep fighting the good fight!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I’ve not been able to keep up around the forums lately. Best wishes to you both. Prayers for peace and health.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Best of luck w/ this moving forward. It's a long battle and requires sustained adherence to recovery. Half the battle is mental and be sure not to let her see you down ;-)
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:14 pm
Today was to be another infusion (5 of 6) day, but it turned out not to be. Her routine blood work showed that her platelet levels dropped below the minimum they require for chemo. The doctor was not concerned at all, in fact she informed us that this far along in treatment it is to be expected; it takes the body a little longer to bounce back. Mrs.MoT was not bothered by it at all, other than the fact that it pushes everything back another week.

She ended up having one unit of blood transfused and we get to go back next week to hopefully get #5 done.

Today was supposed to be number 6, but again the platelets were too low to allow it. Mrs.MoT received two units of blood instead, and we’ll try again on Tuesday the 22nd.

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:09 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Today was supposed to be number 6, but again the platelets were too low to allow it. Mrs.MoT received two units of blood instead, and we’ll try again on Tuesday the 22nd.

Waiting...waiting...waiting...
-------

Fingers crossed.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Best of look for the 22nd!
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze