We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Some Personal News

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Re: Some Personal News

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

Oh good grief. I get distracted from the site by shiny objects or something, and that's when you choose to have your grand adventures? When I saw this thread and how long ago it was started, I was hoping there'd be nothing but victory posts here at the last page. You tell the Missus I'm highly disappointed in her still mucking about with hospitals and such when she should be dancing in open fields completely free of cancer and infections and all that nonsense by now!

All seriousness aside though, add me to the list of those beaming well wishes and positive thoughts from afar in your direction. It's an awful thing watching someone you love going through something like this.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Mrs.MoT (and me, I suppose, as I'm trying to be with her as much as I can) is still in the hospital, but things are looking better.

During her Friday morning rounds, her doctor called her a pretty boring patient ( :lol: ), and she prefers that. Things are slowly going in the right direction, and there was nothing new to report.

Infection tests have been coming up negative, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that go-home day will be tomorrow or Wednesday.

Thank you all for all the support you've shown.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Here's hoping she goes from boring patient to not a patient soon.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Home last night about 10:00pm our time. Pretty emotional day for Mrs.MoT, especially when they said she could go home.

We're both very tired, but at least we are tired at home.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Yeah its always hard to get decent rest in the hospital.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Not much to tell about the last couple of weeks, which I suppose is a good thing.

Mrs.MoT has responded extremely well to the antibiotic treatments, and changing the IV bags every day is nowhere near as stressful as I thought it would be. In fact, I am quite impressed with how compact and portable the equipment is. Changes occur once a day, in the evening, and it takes roughly ten minutes, and most of that is preparing the workspace and supplies.

Here is the pump and bag of antibiotics with my hand for comparison.
IMG_20190516_193641.jpg

Since Mrs.MoT was only able to complete two rounds of chemo, her oncologists were uncomfortable with going for an extended period without finishing treatment. Chemo during anti-biotics is out of the question, so they suggested and we agreed to do radiation. Her first was today, and she'll be having it daily (Monday to Friday) for the next five weeks. The treatments are very quick (about 30 minutes with the actual "zapping" taking about 5) and the side effects for this particular regimen are minimal.

When radiation is complete, it will be about a three-week break, and then four more rounds of chemo. After that, fingers crossed, we'll be done.

Thank you all for the continued well wishes.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:46 pm Not much to tell about the last couple of weeks, which I suppose is a good thing.

Mrs.MoT has responded extremely well to the antibiotic treatments, and changing the IV bags every day is nowhere near as stressful as I thought it would be. In fact, I am quite impressed with how compact and portable the equipment is. Changes occur once a day, in the evening, and it takes roughly ten minutes, and most of that is preparing the workspace and supplies.

Here is the pump and bag of antibiotics with my hand for comparison.

Since Mrs.MoT was only able to complete two rounds of chemo, her oncologists were uncomfortable with going for an extended period without finishing treatment. Chemo during anti-biotics is out of the question, so they suggested and we agreed to do radiation. Her first was today, and she'll be having it daily (Monday to Friday) for the next five weeks. The treatments are very quick (about 30 minutes with the actual "zapping" taking about 5) and the side effects for this particular regimen are minimal.

When radiation is complete, it will be about a three-week break, and then four more rounds of chemo. After that, fingers crossed, we'll be done.

Thank you all for the continued well wishes.
Wow, this makes my daily challenges seem so insignificant. Still sending positive thoughts and prayers your way, Mrs MoT. You both are amazing for your resilience and positivity going through this ordeal. Some day I hope to meet you, cancer free, and drink a bottle of wine.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Keep the ball rolling toward complete recovery!
Halaku
MoT Member

Post by Halaku »

Wishing a speedy recovery and good health to Mrs MoT .... you both are always in our prayers ... [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I am glad things are still moving in the right direction. Mrs. Dub Rubb and I still have you both in our thoughts and prayers, and will continue to do so. Also, something about some backyard dancing may be in order!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Sounds like there is some slow but incremental improvements.
This all seems insurmountable now, but know that in time you can look back on this and know that you both got through this trying time together.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Small update. Mrs.MoT is tolerating the radiation very well. She completed session 10 of 28 today, so we're nearing the half-way point.

Some good news: Her infection is for all intents and purposes, eliminated. The last 24 hours of antibiotics will start on Thursday evening. I can't properly express how excited she is to finally not have to be tethered to something 24 hours a day.

I'm thankful she is doing so well, and I am thankful we have pretty decent health insurance. So far the vast majority of things have been covered. The receipts for the ancillaries, however, are getting quite deep and proving to be more expensive than we thought. We're OK for the time being, however.

I'm just glad she's able to be home and tell me what I'm doing wrong. :lol:

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Keep going. Keep going. Keep going.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Brief update.

We are, for all intents and purposes, in a holding pattern.

Mrs.MoT finished IV antibiotics this past Friday, and she was so excited to not have to be hooked up to something 24/7.

She passed the half-way mark of radiation and is still tolerating it extremely well. She's feeling quite good and would like to go back to work (not having a paycheck has been really stressful for her, even if she won't admit it), but her docs have told her to wait until the end of radiation, which is the 12th of July.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

It's getting better!