As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

So I'm banned from watchuseek... Again!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
USMChawk
MoT Member

Re: So I'm banned from watchuseek... Again!

Post by USMChawk »

So I was trying to order a strap on WUS and was unable to PM the seller because my permissions have been limited. Funny, I never received a warning, an infraction, or any kind of notice. I do have posts in their failed HUISABH thread, so I guess it shouldn’t be totally unexpected. I’m wondering if the admins are cross referencing users here and ghosting them there?
If they’re going to be this petty I think I may reach out to all their advertisers and let them know.
6DE39E79-F4FC-46CD-868F-7193B622B5C2.png
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

USMChawk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm So I was trying to order a strap on WUS and was unable to PM the seller because my permissions have been limited. Funny, I never received a warning, an infraction, or any kind of notice. I do have posts in their failed HUISABH thread, so I guess it shouldn’t be totally unexpected. I’m wondering if the admins are cross referencing users here and ghosting them there?
If they’re going to be this petty I think I may reach out to all their advertisers and let them know.

Mine have been restricted as well. Makes it a pain to buy/sell for one thing.

I've heard through the grapevine that they do have the ability to read members' private messages.

I don't know if that is a current baked in feature of Vbulletin, but in the past, it was an elective add-on, and on other message boards I administrate(d) we chose never to use it. A member's private messages should be just that, private.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I’ve stayed under their radar. I really don’t have any issues with them doing whatever they want. It’s a business and losing members is going to have consequences for admin personnel.

I think there are some rotten attitudes at times, but I’m no angel. I just try to keep my mind on the fact WUS is a great resource and let the rest slide off of me.

@robotazky
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:05 pm
USMChawk wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm So I was trying to order a strap on WUS and was unable to PM the seller because my permissions have been limited. Funny, I never received a warning, an infraction, or any kind of notice. I do have posts in their failed HUISABH thread, so I guess it shouldn’t be totally unexpected. I’m wondering if the admins are cross referencing users here and ghosting them there?

I've heard through the grapevine that they do have the ability to read members' private messages.

I don't know if that is a current baked in feature of Vbulletin, but in the past, it was an elective add-on, and on other message boards I administrate(d) we chose never to use it. A member's private messages should be just that, private.
The same thing happened to me. No notification of why. I first learned my private messaging was turned off when I saw that screen about a week ago.

I have followed the link that screen references, and I sent a message. I was told I needed to contact website administrators/moderators (not sure who the person was that responded). So I started a thread in the support forum. No response now after several days:
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f530/priv ... 10567.html

This all feels very passive aggressive. I just don't understand how they think this is good for their brand identity.
USMChawk
MoT Member

Post by USMChawk »

cel4145 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 pm

The same thing happened to me. No notification of why. I first learned my private messaging was turned off when I saw that screen about a week ago.

I have followed the link that screen references, and I sent a message. I was told I needed to contact website administrators/moderators (not sure who the person was that responded). So I started a thread in the support forum. No response now after several days:

This all feels very passive aggressive. I just don't understand how they think this is good for their brand identity.
Whatever you posted has been deleted.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

USMChawk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 am

The post had been up for almost five days as of last night when I mentioned it over here. Post gets deleted. Coincidence?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

cel4145 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:23 am
USMChawk wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:59 am

The post had been up for almost five days as of last night when I mentioned it over here. Post gets deleted. Coincidence?
Not at all. I'm pretty sure they're here. I think the only reason the Omega thread was shut down was because it was pointed out here.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Not a coincidence at all. I know they're here. I refuse to play their petty little games.

So hello CMSgt Bo or (sycophants reporting back) whomever else on staff at WUS may be reading this. Welcome, and I hope you're enjoying all the camaraderie and great deals here.

(My signature over there, which was basically the same as it is here, except with references to this place removed, has now been deleted as well.)
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
quincas
MoT Member

So I'm banned from watchuseek... Again!

Post by quincas »

No. I find the whole affair amusing but i am not one slight bit affected by the whole debacle. (The fact that I am here proves it, does it not?)

Why in the world would you want to appear petty to the rest of the world? I cannot comprehend.

I have 2 boys, aged 8 and 10. I often laugh (on the sly) at their naivety. Though not as much at WUS’.
USMChawk
MoT Member

Post by USMChawk »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 am Not a coincidence at all. I know they're here. I refuse to play their petty little games.

So hello CMSgt Bo or (sycophants reporting back) whomever else on staff at WUS may be reading this. Welcome, and I hope you're enjoying all the camaraderie and great deals here.

(My signature over there, which was basically the same as it is here, except with references to this place removed, has now been deleted as well.)
So they’re banning us there for things that are said over here? That’s a new low.

By the way, CMSgt Bo, you’re the one responsible for all of this. It was your piss poor handling of the affiliate links debacle that started all of this. If WUS is looking for a scapegoat they need look no further than you.

Regards,
MGySgt Craig
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

They are afraid. And rightly so. No doubt this place cut into their bottom line. And they are too arrogant to accept responsibility and change. The bigger this place gets, the more damage.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

There might be some mega-brain motivation behind this seemingly irrational behavior at WUS. I tried to size up a few possible motivations in this infographic:

UPDATE: In an effort to be nice, I removed my poignant meme. We all know the truth. My 2 cents weren't enough to justify any hard feelings by any WUS admins dropping by. The takeaway: 1) it was funny, 2) we hold the moral high ground ;-)
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

ManOnTime wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 am Not a coincidence at all. I know they're here. I refuse to play their petty little games.

Richard Head, Richard Head, Richard Head!
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

I agree about taking down the meme, but it is still visible on Tapatalk thread previews. More pictures are required to bump it out of position.
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201903 ... fca22d.jpg[/IMG]
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

What meme?