As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

WUS Name and other sites you post on?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
cel4145
MoT Member

Re: WUS Name and other sites you post on?

Post by cel4145 »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:57 pm
Robotaz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:50 pm People aren’t stupid. If someone steals deals from here, simple googling will point people here after 1-2 researches of the code or model.

@robotazky

I can agree, to a point.

We have no definite proof that deals are being lifted from here, but it certainly looks that way. I don't care if deals are being posted elsewhere, what is pretty crappy is passing them off as "Lee's Picks of The Day" as if he did the actual hunting to find them, other than just visiting here.

(I do like how he cuts/pastes the watch info and specs though.)
Someone could post over there. Not to accuse him or anything like that, but just to share that there are lots of deals listed every day over here.

Update: Oh, well, just read TheJohnP's post. What's the Internet coming to when you can't share information about other sites?
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Sorry but when we came over here we weren’t talking about it being so successful that people copy and paste deals elsewhere. It’s part of it. This is a phase working towards all of the deals threads being irrelevant.

@robotazky
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Robotaz wrote:Sorry but when we came over here we weren’t talking about it being so successful that people copy and paste deals elsewhere. It’s part of it. This is a phase working towards all of the deals threads being irrelevant.

@robotazky
[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201904 ... 093e53.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

LOL

@robotazky
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:53 pm Sorry but when we came over here we weren’t talking about it being so successful that people copy and paste deals elsewhere. It’s part of it. This is a phase working towards all of the deals threads being irrelevant.

@robotazky

Of course it's part of it. I've run online forums for a long, long time. I'm not naive enough to not realize that.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
59yukon01
MoT Member

Post by 59yukon01 »

I have nothing to hide so same user name for any watch forum I post on.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

I use the same username at WUS.

However, I have not been over there much lately. Haven't posted in a while. Not an intentional boycott or anything. It's just that MoT tends to consume all of my watch social media time each day :D
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

I am cvp3 or cvp33 on every site I'm on. It is both my initials and my IQ.