We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Lifetime Ban from Paypal and ebay?

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Ncaffrey_watch
MoT Member

Lifetime Ban from Paypal and ebay?

Post by Ncaffrey_watch »

For about a year now my account on Paypal has been under severe limitations. I called paypal, chatted with them, everything possible and they cannot reverser the limitations or atleast tell me why I have the limitations on.
Not a serious problem as I only buy on eBay and don't sell, but recently I tried purchasing something yesterday and I kept receiving an error on eBay.
Today I tried purchasing two watches on creationwatches and it also got rejected "gateway error: fraud"

What does this mean for me? No more watch purchases?
squincher
MoT Member

Re: Lifetime Ban from Paypal and ebay?

Post by squincher »

I would think only Paypal could answer your question.

You say they put "severe" limitations on your account, for reason(s) unknown to you, then couldn't explain themselves? And you just let that go?
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Lifetime Ban from Paypal and ebay?

Post by watchpalooza »

Ncaffrey_watch wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:51 am For about a year now my account on Paypal has been under severe limitations. I called paypal, chatted with them, everything possible and they cannot reverser the limitations or atleast tell me why I have the limitations on.
Not a serious problem as I only buy on eBay and don't sell, but recently I tried purchasing something yesterday and I kept receiving an error on eBay.
Today I tried purchasing two watches on creationwatches and it also got rejected "gateway error: fraud"

What does this mean for me? No more watch purchases?
I think it means you need to put some effort into escalating within Paypal and Ebay to find out what is up and how to reverse it....or perhaps you already know? A default on payment? Some issue with your funding sources? A history with a lot of dispute cases? Or, just open a new Paypal account and a new ebay account under a different email. Then no issue.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr