Welcome to HUISABH!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to HUISABH!

Post by MoT »

ibus wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:42 pm Great, thanks for the space and a little sanity.

As a suggestion, any chance of a EU deals section?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
For now, and this may be my selfishness speaking as it makes collecting the data easier for me, I think it's best to leave all the deals under one roof, as it were.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ManOnTime, thank you so very much for starting this forum Rebel Alliance style. I can't believe how quickly you put this together! And I thought your stats were impressive!
Is there any way for you to benefit from links? If I had to go through an extra step or two to affiliate you or this site, I would be glad to! Thanks again for keeping this alive!
Also, suggestions going forward.
1) I wouldn't mind if this was members only to help mitigate flippers (even though all they would have to do would be sign up)
2) As previously mentioned, a like button.
3) Deals of all price ranges. I know some just wanted affordable deals (sub $1000) but my collection ranges from Vostok to Omega, and if I can find deals on either of those or anything in between, I am a happy camper!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Slant
MoT Member

Post by Slant »

Thank you ManOnTime! And I'd also like to thank valuewatchguy for his somewhat encrypted mention of this place in the other forum as that's how I found out. And to read that mods on there were deleting any mention of this place is totally beyond me.
WatchGeek
Has thanked: 0

Post by WatchGeek »

Thank you ManOnTime :)
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:12 pm 1) I wouldn't mind if this was members only to help mitigate flippers (even though all they would have to do would be sign up)
2) As previously mentioned, a like button.
3) Deals of all price ranges. I know some just wanted affordable deals (sub $1000) but my collection ranges from Vostok to Omega, and if I can find deals on either of those or anything in between, I am a happy camper!
1) As much as I would like to, keeping out flippers would be nearly impossible. I could set the forum so that only members can read it, but as a proponent of the free exchange of information, I have personal issues with that.

2) There is a "Like" button if you are on desktop or mobile. If you are using Tapatalk, I've run in to some roadblocks that I am trying to find a solution to.

3) All deals welcome. From $0.10 to $10,000 and beyond. A deal is a deal is a deal.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Thanks so much for creating this. Still surprised about what happened at The Other Place. But nature abhors a vacuum, so here we are!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

larand wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:25 pm Thanks so much for creating this. Still surprised about what happened at The Other Place. But nature abhors a vacuum, so here we are!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for joining.

Unlike WUS, I won't be censoring the names of other sites here. Feel free to post it. ;)

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Great idea for the second chance thread! I really like that.

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Thanks, Man on Time, for creating this site.

I was a long time lurker on WUS (someday I'll explain why I never joined), but I had to join here to encourage you and the other good folks bereft of a deals forum. I even hope to post a deal or two (assuming an old dog can learn new tricks).
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:00 pm Great idea for the second chance thread! I really like that.
The credit goes to Circustown, it was his idea.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

This may be a dumb question, but what is this site even called? I can't find it outside of tapatalk. I searched for HUISABH and ManOnTime to no avail.

DuckaDiesel
MoT Member

Post by DuckaDiesel »

manontime.com
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:12 pm This may be a dumb question, but what is this site even called? I can't find it outside of tapatalk. I searched for HUISABH and ManOnTime to no avail.
I just changed the name to "ManOnTime's Watch Deals Forum HUISABH" in the Tapatalk control panel. Hopefully that will make it easier to find. I believe you can always use the site URL to find it as well.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

username
MoT Member

Post by username »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 pm2) There is a "Like" button if you are on desktop or mobile. If you are using Tapatalk, I've run in to some roadblocks that I am trying to find a solution to.
You may know this, but the like button has gone missing for some reason, at least in Firefox. Worked yesterday, but I couldn't find it just now when I tried to "like" the Zodiac chronometer deal.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

username wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:55 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 pm2) There is a "Like" button if you are on desktop or mobile. If you are using Tapatalk, I've run in to some roadblocks that I am trying to find a solution to.
You may know this, but the like button has gone missing for some reason, at least in Firefox. Worked yesterday, but I couldn't find it just now when I tried to "like" the Zodiac chronometer deal.
Yeah, I dun goofed. Please read this thread for info: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT