Welcome to HUISABH!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robangel
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Welcome to HUISABH!

Post by Robangel »

Thank you! A breath of fresh air! Looking forward to engaging posts and hopefully not totally depleting my disposable income. Too easy to 'go broke saving money'-- but whether that happens or not, at least I'll probably be in good company!

Best of the holiday spirit, hopefully free of fear to one and all, now and always!
username
MoT Member

Post by username »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 pm
username wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:55 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:24 pm2) There is a "Like" button if you are on desktop or mobile. If you are using Tapatalk, I've run in to some roadblocks that I am trying to find a solution to.
You may know this, but the like button has gone missing for some reason, at least in Firefox. Worked yesterday, but I couldn't find it just now when I tried to "like" the Zodiac chronometer deal.
Yeah, I dun goofed. Please read this thread for info: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26
Pretty awesome how fast you're fixing stuff when it breaks. Thanks! :)
Techme
MoT Member

Post by Techme »

Thanks for your effort MOT!

The Heads Up thread was one of my favorites on 'the other site'.

Being an Aussie, the vast majority of deals are not really attainable for me without jumping through a lot of hoops.

To me the value of the thread was not only about the actual purchase of the watch, but the knowledgeable, inspiring and sometimes cautionary posts about watches and their source (and their reputation).

I also enjoyed the speed of the thread and it's narrative e.g cheap Kontikis, Bulova Snorkels, $40 Invicta autos, Hamiltons, Jean Richards, Dagaz field watches and of course the Glycine deals of late to mention a few of the top of my head.

I look forward to the growth of the site. I actually found this forum after I saw it promoted on the IG account of 'ikeepgoodtime'.

Sent from my FS8010 using Tapatalk

Robangel
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Robangel »

It annoys me that our like minded watch friends in places like Canada and Australia seem to get less watch deals overall and/or pay more in taxes and delivery fees!
Crazy, but the other night, I had a crazy thought about how the first N. American colonists felt about similar taxes. This week, back in December. 1773, in what was known historically as the "Boston Tea Party", they protested high taxes tacked on Chinese tea and Mercantile goods that the govt controlled, by boarding a ship in Boston Harbor and dumping all the tea into the sea! The British acted harshly to this and it was actually one in a chain of events, that led to the bloody revolution. So speak up, but be careful how you go about it and hey, I'm on your side!
bogray57
MoT Member

Post by bogray57 »

Is it just me or does anyone else see the acronym for this site -- HUISABH! -- as: WASABI...but with an almost silent Hhhh or whuhhh sound at the beginning? :lol:

hhWhuhh..SABI
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

bogray57 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:03 am Is it just me or does anyone else see the acronym for this site -- HUISABH! -- as: WASABI...but with an almost silent Hhhh or whuhhh sound at the beginning? :lol:

hhWhuhh..SABI

Funny you should mention that. I've been pronouncing it in my head as HweesaabH, with both Hs making the short H sound as in horse or hand.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
ossamanity
MoT Member

Post by ossamanity »

Great Initiative. Thank you so much for doing this. I felt lost since past few days until I found this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

bogray57 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:03 am Is it just me or does anyone else see the acronym for this site -- HUISABH! -- as: WASABI...but with an almost silent Hhhh or whuhhh sound at the beginning? :lol:

hhWhuhh..SABI

Lol it's been "hues-uh-buh" in my mind.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

Three cheers for Man On Time!!!

Hip, hip, hooray!!!
Hip, hip, hooray!!!
Hip, hip, hooray!!!

Thank you!!!
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

I made it, thanks MOT for pulling this together.

I will eventually delete my account on WUS, I’ve been thinking about it even before the deals thread was closed. I do have a FS post in F29 but don’t really care if it sells or not so it may happen sooner rather than later.

I’m not sure I’ll participate as actively as I did on WUS, the last couple days of not constantly checking the old thread has been eye-opening and a little refreshing. I knew I spent a lot of time there but maybe didn't realize the effect.

I will do my best to promote the new site. I have a semi active IG account but not a ton of reach or followers but every little bit helps. Good luck and thanks again.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Damn, they are still deleting everything relating to this site on WUS. Yinzburgher had a very creative way of directing people here that I followed with a post I found to be hilarious. Apparently the mods didn't think that way. Honestly, the way they are blackballing this forum make me feel that even if HUISABH came back, I would rather be here. Supporting an already underappreciated WIS doing everything he can to keep the true spirit of the thread alive.
I know it's crazy, but I look forward to searching for and posting deals daily. Just like MoT likes to compile the stats. I am still very thankful to have this and hope that even if the OG thread comes back, people will show their support here. Just remember who had your back in a time of despair.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

Well, groovy. Managed to catch one of the posts pointing here before it was presumably nuked, and finally slogged through that massive onslaught of deals. Whew! You guys been busy. Well done MoT for so quickly putting this place together.

And since you asked for suggestions, one came to mind while reading all 17 pages of deals. Something I kept noticing was that there'd be multiple posts for the same site's sale (and coupon code, if applicable), with each post only being a different watch. This makes trying to keep track of the deals pretty haphazard, and I figure there's gotta be a more efficient way. My first thought was a wiki editable by registered members, though that'd depend on everyone being meticulous about grouping their contributions by site/code so the wiki doesn't become just as messy as the thread. The second thought I had was based on a WUS feature that watches for abbreviations and links to a definition. If phpBB supports anything like that, perhaps something which live scans for known store URLs and names and does something magic to link together posts referring to the same sale. Or maybe a database with entry fields for store name, URL, code, and sale expiration, and a way to associate specific notable watches to the related sale record? If a way could be hashed out I don't think it'd replace the threads, just provide an easier reference.

Though of course what's here is way better than the smoking remains at WUS.
xmonger
MoT Member

Post by xmonger »

Just a quick note to say nice job on getting this website up and running so quickly.

I know it's a lot of work. Much appreciated.
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

So, is it MOT or MoT? :)

Thanks for doing this, sir. You're awesome!

WASABI works for me.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

Dub Rubb wrote:Damn, they are still deleting everything relating to this site on WUS. Yinzburgher had a very creative way of directing people here that I followed with a post I found to be hilarious. Apparently the mods didn't think that way. Honestly, the way they are blackballing this forum make me feel that even if HUISABH came back, I would rather be here. Supporting an already underappreciated WIS doing everything he can to keep the true spirit of the thread alive.
I know it's crazy, but I look forward to searching for and posting deals daily. Just like MoT likes to compile the stats. I am still very thankful to have this and hope that even if the OG thread comes back, people will show their support here. Just remember who had your back in a time of despair.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

Since the buyout WUS has been really crappy about anything to do with competition. It’s all about money. You’re just a number that makes them money.