We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Random Thoughts

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by yinzburgher »

ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:00 pm This is a question I've mean meaning to ask @yinzburgher:

Sheetz or Wawa?
:lol: Great question....these are the exact types of quandaries that keep me up at night! As a Pee-Ay dude that grew up near Reading and later moved to Pittsburgh, I have reason to be torn. Wawa is great......but I definitely gotta go with Sheetz. If we're talking strictly hoagies, I'd probably say Wawa. Wawa has also come a long way over the years with adding other stuff to the menu too. Some of it needs work though..."Whats up with your cardboard chicken fingers Wawa?!?" Anyway, when it comes down to selection, Wawa still just can't compete with Sheetz. It's the ultimate deluxe gas station/convenience store/MTO restaurant. They've got pretty much everything that Wawa has and plenty more. I'd pick a Shmuffin, a Shmagel, or a Shmiscuit over a Wawa breakfast sammich. If you're looking for some savory late-night munchies, it's Sheetz every time. Drink selection, Sheetz for shizzle. And for sweetz, it's Sheetz. It would be interesting to put a Sheetz and a Wawa next to each other in some far-away state that had neither......see which gets more business.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:07 pm
ManOnTime wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:00 pm This is a question I've mean meaning to ask @yinzburgher:

Sheetz or Wawa?
:lol: Great question....these are the exact types of quandaries that keep me up at night! As a Pee-Ay dude that grew up near Reading and later moved to Pittsburgh, I have reason to be torn. Wawa is great......but I definitely gotta go with Sheetz. If we're talking strictly hoagies, I'd probably say Wawa. Wawa has also come a long way over the years with adding other stuff to the menu too. Some of it needs work though..."Whats up with your cardboard chicken fingers Wawa?!?" Anyway, when it comes down to selection, Wawa still just can't compete with Sheetz. It's the ultimate deluxe gas station/convenience store/MTO restaurant. They've got pretty much everything that Wawa has and plenty more. I'd pick a Shmuffin, a Shmagel, or a Shmiscuit over a Wawa breakfast sammich. If you're looking for some savory late-night munchies, it's Sheetz every time. Drink selection, Sheetz for shizzle. And for sweetz, it's Sheetz. It would be interesting to put a Sheetz and a Wawa next to each other in some far-away state that had neither......see which gets more business.

Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. :lol:

Whenever we go where both places exist, Mrs.MoT giggles when she sees Wawa as it's her euphemism for vagina. She's used that term since childhood. :lol:

I'll take either place, but I lean Wawa only because Sheetz are hard to come by in the DelMarVa places we go to. If a Sheetz and a Wawa were side by side, I'd probably go Sheetz.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Lol.

Disclaimer: Video below contains some explicit language.

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

It's probably set up for her husband. Creepy.
4tpsut.jpg

pdsf wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:44 am I find this setup rather odd...
4tpsut.jpg
cortman
MoT Member

Post by cortman »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:07 pm

Sheetz or Wawa?
I grew up in NJ, so Wawa 100%. One of my work buddies started dating a girl from Reading and has just discovered Wawa. He can't stop raving lol
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Right? Who has a landline these days?
Rocat
MoT Member

Post by Rocat »

Sussa wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:13 pm
LOL I didn't even notice the phone. My Dad had a land line installed in the downstairs guest bathroom decades ago. It was one of those slim line phones with the really long phone cord. I mean, it's a guest bathroom. It's not that big and you wouldn't need a 12 foot phone line. I always thought it odd.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Not just a landline, but a rotary dial! Wow. Perhaps its a Toilet Time Machine.

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Haha you guys crack me up. Just FYI that pic is not one that's created to be funny - I got it from an actual real estate listing haha
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

pdsf wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:16 am Haha you guys crack me up. Just FYI that pic is not one that's created to be funny - I got it from an actual real estate listing haha
Now THAT is funny.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
recapt
MoT Member

Post by recapt »

Sussa wrote:
They had me at floral-stenciled porcelain.
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

The Minnesota Wild win game 1 in much thanks to Kaprizov! Welcome to Minnesota!!!!! Also, Caprisun should do an endorsement!

"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Looking through some site analytics today. We have users on every continent except for Antarctica. I wonder how I can get one of the scientists stationed down there to log on when they aren't chasing penguins.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

ManOnTime wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:25 pm Looking through some site analytics today. We have users on every continent except for Antarctica. I wonder how I can get one of the scientists stationed down there to log on when they aren't chasing penguins.
Send them several free watches and get them caught up in the addiction...errr... hobby 😄
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

and we need someone to log on from the space station: