Random Thoughts

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Dub Rubb »

watchpalooza wrote:
Spirit of the Watch wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:59 am You know, what is politics? Established parties and all that or does it simply include someone else having an opposing view?

For example, if I hold the view Miyota movements and their free spinning rotors make the most delightful sound the world has ever heard and I feel very strongly about this. Then maybe I convince a few other people of it.... does that mean future discussions are now political? Would it be fair to say political as used by some people really just refers to heated, divisive, or even just unpleasant?

Not referring to anything on this forum, I just feel the word is misused at times.
...only if both sides are coopted by special interest groups, begin catering “to the middle” to gain membership while executing hidden agendas, ignore the greater good, base candidate selection purely on amount of money raised for the party, perpetuate a system of tacit exclusivity, purposely create “grey areas” to exploit in law and system, and take every step possible to retain control through administrations. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Damn. He's on to me and my agenda. Don't forget, I still remember who you are FTE. No witness protection program can help you.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Dub Rubb wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:14 pm
watchpalooza wrote:
Spirit of the Watch wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:59 am You know, what is politics? Established parties and all that or does it simply include someone else having an opposing view?

For example, if I hold the view Miyota movements and their free spinning rotors make the most delightful sound the world has ever heard and I feel very strongly about this. Then maybe I convince a few other people of it.... does that mean future discussions are now political? Would it be fair to say political as used by some people really just refers to heated, divisive, or even just unpleasant?

Not referring to anything on this forum, I just feel the word is misused at times.
...only if both sides are coopted by special interest groups, begin catering “to the middle” to gain membership while executing hidden agendas, ignore the greater good, base candidate selection purely on amount of money raised for the party, perpetuate a system of tacit exclusivity, purposely create “grey areas” to exploit in law and system, and take every step possible to retain control through administrations. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Damn. He's on to me and my agenda. Don't forget, I still remember who you are FTE. No witness protection program can help you.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk
FTE = Free Thinker Enterprises
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Spirit of the Watch
MoT Member

Post by Spirit of the Watch »

Scientists discover the secret to a night of sound sleep: Good vibrations!

https://www.studyfinds.org/secret-to-sl ... tions/?amp

You know this sounded pretty cool.... but what exactly are we supposed to do with this information? Make rocking beds?
"The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well."
-William Osler
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:04 am Scientists discover the secret to a night of sound sleep: Good vibrations!

You know this sounded pretty cool.... but what exactly are we supposed to do with this information? Make rocking beds?
ooh, that's an idea... I am sure some people would appreciate it in more ways than one. :)
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:04 am Scientists discover the secret to a night of sound sleep: Good vibrations!

Coin-operated vibrating bed manufacturers were ahead of their time.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Oh good. So I have speakers with a subwoofer in my bedroom. So I need disconnect the speakers and let the sub run with some bassy music to help me go to sleep? :lol:
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

cel4145 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:48 am

Oh good. So I have speakers with a subwoofer in my bedroom. So I need disconnect the speakers and let the sub run with some bassy music to help me go to sleep? :lol:
Just play a 20Hz test tone in a loop. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Spirit of the Watch wrote: ↑Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:04 am

It seems to me that you have 2 choices:

Good Vibrations® Sex Toys - GoodVibes.com

or

The Beach Boys
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:39 pm Spirit of the Watch wrote: ↑Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:04 am

It seems to me that you have 2 choices:

Good Vibrations® Sex Toys - GoodVibes.com

or

The Beach Boys

Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pdsf
MoT Member

Post by pdsf »

And you think some people wear watches that are too big for them?

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/guinn ... index.html
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-01-04 084711.png
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

pdsf wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 am And you think some people wear watches that are too big for them?

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/guinn ... index.html
JBW makes rings too?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

PSA: Remove you watch before engaging in a lightsaber duel with a six year old...or anyone, really. The Milus had a close call yesterday but all is well.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:01 pm PSA: Remove you watch before engaging in a lightsaber duel with a six year old...or anyone, really. The Milus had a close call yesterday but all is well.
Next time, don't lightsaber duel with someone better than you are! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sussa
MoT Member

Post by Sussa »

Split-Time wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:01 pm PSA: Remove you watch before engaging in a lightsaber duel with a six year old...or anyone, really. The Milus had a close call yesterday but all is well.
Could've been worse.
star-wars-arm-2.jpg
star-wars-arm-2.jpg (33.41 KiB) Viewed 4420 times
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Sussa wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:04 am
Could've been worse.

star-wars-arm-2.jpg
How could that be bad??? That was Luke's right arm, and he appears to be right-handed. His watch should have been fine :lol: