We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Drop Your Instagram Here!

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
MoT
Site Admin

Drop Your Instagram Here!

Post by MoT »

For those of you who use the service, share your Instagram link in this thread.

One of my Instagrams, and the official one for this site is https://www.instagram.com/manontime/
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
vta_watch
MoT Member

Re: Drop Your Instagram Here!

Post by vta_watch »

I've separated my watch obsession photos from the stuff my non-WIS friends and family care about here:

https://www.instagram.com/vta_watch

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Nothing posted yet, but its:

https://www.instagram.com/watchpalooza
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I'm giving this newfangled IG thing a shot. Only watch stuff. I can't imagine it's gonna be good lol. But smash the like button anyway! Or feel free to hit the hate button, if that's your thing.

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

yinzburgher wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:23 am I'm giving this newfangled IG thing a shot. Only watch stuff. I can't imagine it's gonna be good lol. But smash the like button anyway! Or feel free to hit the hate button, if that's your thing.

Not working for me

Screenshot_20190810-171655_Chrome.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

@yinzburgher_watches

OK not sure what I did wrong but hopefully the link above works. The first time I posted a link it was going to somebody else's account so I tried a different way, what you see above. The above link looks to me like any other IG post link that is on here, like the Traska one I posted today. It looks normal on my phone, my laptop, and TapaTalk. But given your screenshot, it obviously isn't working for others. I also put a link in my signature. Hopefully that works. It does for me. But honestly, if it doesn't, you're not missing much. :lol: I get lucky sometimes but taking good pictures really isn't my thing. Especially with my budget Moto phone. Although I likely get a much better one soon. But I still think it will be something fun to do. I also like keeping up with the latest releases and I think being on IG will be good for that. It's cool to see all the great watch pics too. Some of the photography is of an insane quality. And I hope to be able to direct some people here. I have a link to MoT in my IG bio/profile. And I've gotten zero traction here in the sales thread so I'll likely post some watch sales there and some of my ebay auctions too. I'll see how it goes. I've always resisted any and all social media. Most people of my age have had MySpace, then Facebook, and Instagram and Twitter, whatever else. Sporadic involvement on forums over the years is the closest I've gotten to that until now. Please let me know again if the above link or the one in my signature doesn't work. Thanks.
Last edited by yinzburgher on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brice
Brand Rep

Post by Brice »

[mention]ManOnTime[/mention] great idea. Here is the Instagram of Time Locker: @weartimelocker.
The Time Locker Newsletter & Launch Alert
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Sorry to post this here again but would somebody else be able to say whether or not they are able to see the picture in my IG post. I've copy and pasted a link. Do you see a photo of a watch or just a blank/error message? Thanks.

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I see the proper embedded profile.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Looking good!

Screenshot_20190813-081937_Chrome.jpg
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Not sure where to put this but, WUS is running a contest on IG.

https://www.watchuseek.com/watchuseek-t ... y-contest/

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

deckeda
MoT Member

Post by deckeda »

https://www.instagram.com/the_next_hobby/

FWIW I made a couple oddball watch-related videos last year on the YT under that same username.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCCmDFMwDVSFdBXTKHou2NhA

I’m not strictly a “watch guy” and hence the username there.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

OK, I guess I should put my link up here too. Lately, I have had access to better lighting, so I am trying to take better pictures. Also showcasing some of my caseback painting.

www.instagram.com/sporkboyofjustice/
sh333
MoT Member

Post by sh333 »

This is mine here:

https://www.instagram.com/axeandyoushallreceive/

It is the business' actually, but I use it for family stuff as well. Not so many watch posts but if you dig guitar gear, you might find it interesting.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

I've already posted mine but I'm giving this thread a bump in case anyone else wants to add their accounts. I know there are other members that have accounts. And just a few observations........

For a few months, I barely used Instagram at all. I just had other things to do and other things on my mind and it felt like IG was the perfect unimportant/inconsequential thing to cut out of my life. I certainly enjoy being back on IG now but I found myself surprised that I really didn't miss it at all while I was gone. Maybe the only thing I might have missed slightly is keeping up with new watch releases, but I can't say that really bothered me. People talk about the addictive nature of social media so I just assumed that it would feel like something I had to resist the urge to use......nope, just no real urge the whole time. Although the habit of checking it is certainly back now that I'm using it again.

I only use IG for watch content. But in addition to sample watch pics under the explore/search tab, there is now some new big thirst trap "reel" post every time I look there. I'm human, so of course I like looking at that stuff but that really isn't at all why I signed up for IG. I can tell from the comments that other people are confused by it too. Plus, a lot of the girls are really young, some are probably teenagers. It's all a bit weird.

I don't follow any accounts in which you have to request to follow, so of course I have no idea if those people even post watch content or not. Judging by their bios, some of them might. I just assume if it's something they want me to see, it would be public. Even if I think there might be some watch content, it feels a bit presumptuous to request access and think they might want me to see whatever private content they have posted. So I never hit that "request follow" button or whatever it says. I'm still relatively new to this so I might be thinking about this all wrong.