We're Moving!

Click for more info.

So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Post by Robotaz »

TheJohnP wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:12 pm Lol I just checked my account on watchuseek, apparently I have 10 infractions?? Like what? At most it should be 2...

That forum's mods are so dumb lol
Where do you find that info?
I’m able to see it by clicking on my avatar in Tapatalk.

I can also see it by clicking in the browser on “My Profile” in the top right, then the “Infractions” tab.

@robotazky
ffeingol
MoT Member

Post by ffeingol »

Click Settings and it should show under any subscribed threads. If you don't have any / never had any I don't know that it will show.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

I’ve seen some stuff over there lately that is really disappointing. Double standards. Uneven moderating. Other than using WUS for selling watches, I’m migrating away. I think it’s going to get worse to the point of major staff changes.

@robotazky
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Robotaz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 am I’ve seen some stuff over there lately that is really disappointing. Double standards. Uneven moderating. Other than using WUS for selling watches, I’m migrating away. I think it’s going to get worse to the point of major staff changes.

@robotazky
I doubt they will change out any staff. This is...what it is.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Check out the new WuS moderation theme song. Apparently Amber van Day was also banned...

Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

I just found this site and this thread, and am happy to join the Stufflered club. My story is like several of yours. I had something like 4000 posts on WUS, tons of feedback and sales, loads of contributions, and then one day I mentioned to somebody looking for a watch in a thread that they should check the sales forum. I had one for sale. I didn't say that, just mentioned they should look. I've seen other users do it with no repercussions. Next thing I knew I got an infraction, which put me over some limit and resulted in a one month ban. Since I had something like four watches for sale at the time, I created a new user so I could contact people I had been in communication with for sales, and let them know what happened. One of the mods saw my new account, and bam, perma-banned. I've tried a few other forums, but nothing really stuck. Excited to contribute here.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

atdegs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:29 pm I just found this site and this thread, and am happy to join the Stufflered club. My story is like several of yours. I had something like 4000 posts on WUS, tons of feedback and sales, loads of contributions, and then one day I mentioned to somebody looking for a watch in a thread that they should check the sales forum. I had one for sale. I didn't say that, just mentioned they should look. I've seen other users do it with no repercussions. Next thing I knew I got an infraction, which put me over some limit and resulted in a one month ban. Since I had something like four watches for sale at the time, I created a new user so I could contact people I had been in communication with for sales, and let them know what happened. One of the mods saw my new account, and bam, perma-banned. I've tried a few other forums, but nothing really stuck. Excited to contribute here.
That's really frustrating to hear. I honestly haven't used watchuseek since my ban. This forum has everything I need.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

This post has really got me thinking, recalling all the dumb mod-related stuff I experienced on WUS. I think my favorite was when Stuffler straight up lied about the forum rules regarding valuations. Forum members can say whatever they want about watch values, but the site doesn’t do valuations. He kept saying that valuations were not allowed, “read the rules”. Myself and another member quoted the rules to him, at which point he deleted our posts and locked the thread. I reported it to the admins, nothing ever happened.
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
atdegs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:29 pm I just found this site and this thread, and am happy to join the Stufflered club. My story is like several of yours. I had something like 4000 posts on WUS, tons of feedback and sales, loads of contributions, and then one day I mentioned to somebody looking for a watch in a thread that they should check the sales forum. I had one for sale. I didn't say that, just mentioned they should look. I've seen other users do it with no repercussions. Next thing I knew I got an infraction, which put me over some limit and resulted in a one month ban. Since I had something like four watches for sale at the time, I created a new user so I could contact people I had been in communication with for sales, and let them know what happened. One of the mods saw my new account, and bam, perma-banned. I've tried a few other forums, but nothing really stuck. Excited to contribute here.
That's really frustrating to hear. I honestly haven't used watchuseek since my ban. This forum has everything I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tommy_boy
MoT Member

Post by tommy_boy »

Greetings from a fellow Oregano (currently living on the north side of the Columbia.) :)

This is a great forum. Hope you hang here a bit.
Just my $0.02 USD as always.
atdegs
MoT Member

Post by atdegs »

tommy_boy wrote:
Greetings from a fellow Oregano (currently living on the north side of the Columbia.) :)

This is a great forum. Hope you hang here a bit.
Just saw this. Hope you’re enjoying the weather today!
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Well, I haven't been banned but my ability to send PMs has been removed.
Screenshot_20190306-195637.jpg
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 pm Well, I haven't been banned but my ability to send PMs has been removed.

Now THAT is just petty.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find