So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Robotaz wrote:I was just noticing some content removed and replaced with quotes of the rules over there. I don’t mind that at all. What I mind are the sheep that upvote the moderation without even knowing what happened. Suck ups.
Yeah exactly. Everyone using that bargain thread are just completely unaware of what happened. Then they complain that nobody is posting deals there anymore when in reality all of us who were the ones posting deals moved to here. Literally the people on that thread now are just the ones who occasionally lurked on it in the past without contributing.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

Second paragraph linked below already says what I woulda posted here anyway:
https://manontime.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... p=507#p507

I lurked WUS for quite a while and didn't really even plan to register due to that observation. I only did so eventually to warn another user against a watch-shopping mistake I nearly made. Past that, I continued visiting and contributing with zero expectation of my account lasting.
ffeingol wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:15 pm Unless you are paying for a static IP if you reboot your providers network device a few times you'll (more than likely) get a new DCHP address and it may be from a totally different block.
Eh...that's a stretch. If WUS banned, say, a single /24 and your ISP has multiple /24s allocated to your dhcp pool, then yeah. That's two non-insignificant assumptions though.
WhichWatch?
MoT Member

Post by WhichWatch? »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:58 am
Robotaz wrote:I was just noticing some content removed and replaced with quotes of the rules over there. I don’t mind that at all. What I mind are the sheep that upvote the moderation without even knowing what happened. Suck ups.
Literally the people on that thread now are just the ones who occasionally lurked on it in the past without contributing.
Case in point:

Currently 33 users on WUS HUISABH thread: 18 lurkers and 15 members. Sitting at 22 pages of deals since it began 2 weeks ago.

Currently 8 users on MOT's HUISABH thread: 4 lurkers and 4 members. Sitting at 39 pages of deals in 7 days and 95 pages of deals in the 13 days of 2018 that it was active.

I still find WUS useful (made a trade with another user there just yesterday) but the HUISABH meat is here @ MOT.com.
impetusera
MoT Member

Post by impetusera »

That forum is kind of odd overall. I don't post much in general anywhere these days but when I started on WUS I noticed a few times in various threads responses I posted would disappear like a day later. Content was neither good or bad, basically just responses of my opinion to a posters question about something. Thought I was nuts at first as I'd go back to a thread I "posted" in and scroll through and I had no posts in it.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I haven't been banned, but I have been very clearly threatened with such today. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

impetusera wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:09 am That forum is kind of odd overall. I don't post much in general anywhere these days but when I started on WUS I noticed a few times in various threads responses I posted would disappear like a day later. Content was neither good or bad, basically just responses of my opinion to a posters question about something. Thought I was nuts at first as I'd go back to a thread I "posted" in and scroll through and I had no posts in it.
Maybe you entered the Twilight Zone.

(Cue the music.)
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

ManOnTime wrote:I haven't been banned, but I have been very clearly threatened with such today. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yikes. Lay low for awhile.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:03 pm
ManOnTime wrote:I haven't been banned, but I have been very clearly threatened with such today. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Or don’t. I’m sorry, but that is just crap. You have been respectful and more than decent about the situation, and it is clear that place does not put members first. It is tragic and a shame that they draw battle lines when there is plenty of room for a mutually beneficial coexistence.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
Robotaz
MoT Member

So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Post by Robotaz »

FTE wrote:
Or don’t. I’m sorry, but that is just crap. You have been respectful and more than decent about the situation, and it is clear that place does not put members first. It is tragic and a shame that they draw battle lines when there is plenty of room for a mutually beneficial coexistence.
It’s a for-profit business. What do you expect? The owners have an iron thumb on the admin. The admin disseminates the tone to mods. It’s how the world works.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

I was vaugely given a reason for the threat, but I believe the admin I was contacted by didn't care very much for the backdoor link I had in my signature, so I'm not completely innocent.

Regardless of the actions of some of the staff, WUS is a fine resource and I'll continue to frequent it as long as they permit me to.

However, I don't view this site as a rival to WUS or vice versa, and I remain boggled that they do.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Robotaz wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:41 pm
FTE wrote:

It’s a for-profit business. What do you expect? The owners have an iron thumb on the admin. The admin disseminates the tone to mods. It’s how the world works.
Obviously what I expect...is too much. But, c'est la vie.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

One of the underlying things that became apparent to me reading that particular thread on WUS about f71 activity, is that so many were quick to dismiss the deals thread. And implying how other threads and WUS as a whole was so much more of a "community" in comparison. If they've seen how this site has grown and evolved, in what 3 weeks?!?, then I would say that HUISABH is also a very strong community and getting stronger.

Of course it's about deals. But those deals help out our fellow watch enthusiasts save some money (that could be spent on MORE WATCHES). It's also a bit of a competition to who can find the best deals or post a deal up the fastest. It's also a group resource. Most importantly I find this to be a place of encouragement and acceptance. And of course enabling, haha. Add all that up and that sounds like a community to me.

And happy to be a part of this community. And still part of WUS, but I don't check that one first anymore...
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:45 pm I was vaugely given a reason for the threat, but I believe the admin I was contacted by didn't care very much for the backdoor link I had in my signature, so I'm not completely innocent.

Regardless of the actions of some of the staff, WUS is a fine resource and I'll continue to frequent it as long as they permit me to.

However, I don't view this site as a rival to WUS or vice versa, and I remain boggled that they do.
You could try this in your signature and see how long it takes before they notice it

ɯoɔ˙ǝɯᴉʇuouɐɯ

:D
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

cel4145 wrote:
ManOnTime wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:45 pm I was vaugely given a reason for the threat, but I believe the admin I was contacted by didn't care very much for the backdoor link I had in my signature, so I'm not completely innocent.

You could try this in your signature and see how long it takes before they notice it

ɯoɔ˙ǝɯᴉʇuouɐɯ

:D
Lol when my ban expires I'll do that
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
BoxClever
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BoxClever »

New member here as I got banned from WuS yesterday and was looking for somewhere else to hang out... and it seems I am not unique in my current position! I had been a member of that forum for 2 years and may have only posted about 40 times in all, but i did lurk and read an awful lot so i'm annoyed to say the least. Stuffler did advise me through DM that a post of mine had been deleted - a post that asked opinion on where to sell a Stowa as nowhere seemed to have more than one for sale. He called this solicitation. I am 46 and not a troll - i was asking opinion. So i replied and told him he was out of line and then he banned me. Apparently only until Monday so i'll have another go then, just on principle!

Anyway, nice to meet you all.
Last edited by BoxClever on Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.