We're Moving!

Click for more info.

So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Just got banned now, not exactly sure why but maybe because of the meme of this forum I posted on the MEMES thread in watchuseek....

What a bunch of nice moderators :)
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Re: So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

I can't even ask the moderators why since I'm locked out of the site. God I hate that place. Been a member for almost 2 years with over 1 post per day, 1000+ likes and they get pissy over a meme in the memes thread.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm I can't even ask the moderators why since I'm locked out of the site. God I hate that place. Been a member for almost 2 years with over 1 post per day, 1000+ likes and they get pissy over a meme in the memes thread.
I'm sorry you got banned.

I still find WUS to be a valuable resource, just not when it comes to deals. I still plan on visiting, but my participation has dropped to nil. The whole affair has left a sour taste.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

ManOnTime wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm I can't even ask the moderators why since I'm locked out of the site. God I hate that place. Been a member for almost 2 years with over 1 post per day, 1000+ likes and they get pissy over a meme in the memes thread.
I'm sorry you got banned.

I still find WUS to be a valuable resource, just not when it comes to deals. I still plan on visiting, but my participation has dropped to nil. The whole affair has left a sour taste.
Yeah I agree it's very useful, but it becomes frustrating when the mods just ruin it for its own community. I'm sure I probably broke some rule posting the meme but seriously they could easily have just deleted the post. It's always that same mod too, the others are usually fine, but CMSgt BO has no chill about anything.
househalfman
MoT Member

Post by househalfman »

It’s a meme thread, not an invitation to mock your hosts.

Not sure if it’s worth a ban though. Hope you come back in time.
Sporkboy
MoT Member

Post by Sporkboy »

Aren’t memes for mocking the internet? How is any meme not some form of trolling?

I am not at all keen that you are not able to comment on or call attention to actions of the moderators or your posts are deleted. That just isn’t OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Sporkboy wrote:Aren’t memes for mocking the internet? How is any meme not some form of trolling?

I am not at all keen that you are not able to comment on or call attention to actions of the moderators or your posts are deleted. That just isn’t OK.

Technically yes you are both right. In their defense I did break a rule and "poked the bear". So they definitely have grounds to ban me, I'm just salty about it because that mod has been on my ass ever since the old thread was locked. And I contributed a ton to F71 in the past year. That meme wasn't even on F71 it was on F2
jamesezra
MoT Member

Post by jamesezra »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
Sporkboy wrote:Aren’t memes for mocking the internet? How is any meme not some form of trolling?

Technically yes you are both right. In their defense I did break a rule and "poked the bear". So they definitely have grounds to ban me, I'm just salty about it because that mod has been on my ass ever since the old thread was locked. And I contributed a ton to F71 in the past year. That meme wasn't even on F71 it was on F2
Actually, I don't see that as trolling. You were clearly stating the preferences of WUS users and how another forum managed to resolve a situation which they created.

I agree with you that it's kinda harsh as well. Banning? It's not like as though you were scamming someone. He could have just deleted the post (like what he did previously to all of us).

But alas, don't worry. We are here. Much better place.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 pm Just got banned now, not exactly sure why but maybe because of the meme of this forum I posted on the MEMES thread in watchuseek....

What a bunch of nice moderators :)
Go stand in the corner, you bad, bad boy!
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Yet another way ManOnTime came through. If banned without this place, you may be lost. But at least you have found this place and can still contribute to the awesomeness! I was tempted to go into the bargain thread and post "ManOnTime, ManOnTime, ManOnTime" like the sandman, but I am pretty sure that will get me banned.

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Dub Rubb wrote:Yet another way ManOnTime came through. If banned without this place, you may be lost. But at least you have found this place and can still contribute to the awesomeness! I was tempted to go into the bargain thread and post "ManOnTime, ManOnTime, ManOnTime" like the sandman, but I am pretty sure that will get me banned.

Haha yeah I don't think they'd like that. Without this forum I would be resorting to Reddit r/watches and that would suck. The people on that subreddit always upvote the dumbest posts and downvote legitimate ones lol.

What kind of annoys me is the people who clearly lurk this forum and post deals from it onto the watchuseek one without crediting the forum or at least whoever found the deal.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 pm Yet another way ManOnTime came through. If banned without this place, you may be lost. But at least you have found this place and can still contribute to the awesomeness! I was tempted to go into the bargain thread and post "ManOnTime, ManOnTime, ManOnTime" like the sandman, but I am pretty sure that will get me banned.

It would show up as *********, *********, *********. I have no name in that house.

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 pm
Dub Rubb wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 pm Yet another way ManOnTime came through. If banned without this place, you may be lost. But at least you have found this place and can still contribute to the awesomeness! I was tempted to go into the bargain thread and post "ManOnTime, ManOnTime, ManOnTime" like the sandman, but I am pretty sure that will get me banned.

It would show up as *********, *********, *********. I have no name in that house.

I stand corrected. It looks as if they've removed ManOnTime from the word filter.

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

Reminds me of Shakespeare's Henry IV, Part 1:

HOTSPUR
He said he would not ransom Mortimer;
Forbad my tongue to speak of Mortimer;
But I will find him when he lies asleep,
And in his ear I'll holla 'Mortimer!'
Nay,
I'll have a starling shall be taught to speak
Nothing but 'Mortimer,' and give it him
To keep his anger still in motion.
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

The Sultan of SoWhat wrote:

Reminds me of Shakespeare's Henry IV, Part 1:

HOTSPUR
He said he would not ransom Mortimer;
Forbad my tongue to speak of Mortimer;
But I will find him when he lies asleep,
And in his ear I'll holla 'Mortimer!'
Nay,
I'll have a starling shall be taught to speak
Nothing but 'Mortimer,' and give it him
To keep his anger still in motion.
Im too illiterate to understand what that means but yes I agree :D