We're Moving!

Click for more info.

So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
Robotaz
MoT Member

Re: So I too am now banned on watchuseek...

Post by Robotaz »

BoxClever wrote:New member here as I got banned from WuS yesterday and was looking for somewhere else to hang out... and it seems I am not unique in my current position! I had been a member of that forum for 2 years and may have only posted about 40 times in all, but i did lurk and read an awful lot so i'm annoyed to say the least. Stuffler did advise me through DM that a post of my had been deleted - a post that asked opinion on where to sell a Stowa as nowhere seemed to have more than one for sale. He called this solicitation. I am 46 and not a troll - i was asking opinion. So i replied and told him he was out of line and then he banned me. Apparently only until Monday so i'll have another go then, just on principle!

Anyway, nice to meet you all.
Yeah, you crossed paths with the wrong guy. Learn from it.

Stuffler is difficult, to say the least.

For what it’s worth, I agree it’s out of line, but typical.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

Now I'm wondering if I'll be modded for what I posted last night on that F71 not as active as it used to be? thread.

I do find the moderators at WUS much more reasonable than at another Vertical Scope owned Internet forum I'm a member at. At the other forum, they blatantly have double standards for their rules across the forum areas, play favorites among members (some people get away with things, others don't), and apply the rules in situations where they don't even make sense. At the other forum, many of the moderators come across as people who strictly see themselves as police/enforcement. Whereas at WUS, I have often felt that the moderators do see themselves as community managers, even if, IMO, their actions don't always quite get it right.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

cel4145 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 am Now I'm wondering if I'll be modded for what I posted last night on that F71 not as active as it used to be? thread.

I do find the moderators at WUS much more reasonable than at another Vertical Scope owned Internet forum I'm a member at. At the other forum, they blatantly have double standards for their rules across the forum areas, play favorites among members (some people get away with things, others don't), and apply the rules in situations where they don't even make sense. At the other forum, many of the moderators come across as people who strictly see themselves as police/enforcement. Whereas at WUS, I have often felt that the moderators do see themselves as community managers, even if, IMO, their actions don't always quite get it right.
Welcome! Here I think you’ll find a much more friendly and fair approach to moderation. MoT makes it easy to love this place.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

FTE wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:42 am
cel4145 wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:42 am Now I'm wondering if I'll be modded for what I posted last night on that F71 not as active as it used to be? thread.

Welcome! Here I think you’ll find a much more friendly and fair approach to moderation. MoT makes it easy to love this place.
Oh, I know. Got here a day before you did. It's a great place :)
USMChawk
MoT Member

Post by USMChawk »

I just spent an hour reading that thread and I see Bo is still lurking and editing posts. IMO, his heavy handed moderation is the genesis of this forum. Thanks?
Thrax
MoT Member

Post by Thrax »

They say that confidence is gained by the drop, but lost by the bucket. It's a shame to see such a large and vibrant community fall victim to unnecessarily austere moderation. I don't at all agree with the heavy-handed behavior I'm seeing over there, and I think it has a chilling effect on participation for no good reason.

Oh well.
BoxClever
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BoxClever »

Thrax wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:14 pm They say that confidence is gained by the drop, but lost by the bucket. It's a shame to see such a large and vibrant community fall victim to unnecessarily austere moderation. I don't at all agree with the heavy-handed behavior I'm seeing over there, and I think it has a chilling effect on participation for no good reason.

Oh well.
Agreed. My company has a forum of more than a million members who police themselves and our moderators only had to ban 12 people in the past 12 months. We've warned lots of people but a ban is used as an absolute last resort and not handed out on a whim by a power-mad someone who answers to no-one.
M111
MoT Member

Post by M111 »

Just be passive aggressive when you need get your point across over there. They can't really do anything about that. I learned to be a master of it from my wife, LOL!
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

ManOnTime wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:36 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:33 pm I can't even ask the moderators why since I'm locked out of the site. God I hate that place. Been a member for almost 2 years with over 1 post per day, 1000+ likes and they get pissy over a meme in the memes thread.
I'm sorry you got banned.

I still find WUS to be a valuable resource, just not when it comes to deals. I still plan on visiting, but my participation has dropped to nil. The whole affair has left a sour taste.
Same here. Oddly enough I have had another post deleted today on WUS. Someone asked where to find the new deals forum they had heard about, and since the WUS forum was so inactive. All I said was that a simple google search would lead them where they wanted to go. I never mentioned MOT or what specific words to search for. Still deleted. That makes about 4 deleted since MOT.com was started and I've never been contacted by a Moderator regarding the deleted posts.

But I still post on the 2019 Pre-orders, New Releases thread that I started over there. Its a fun thread that moves quick with just a little sidebar commentary from time to time.

I still use their sales forum as well at least until the Bazaar gets its momentum going.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
Fuzzysquid
MoT Member

Post by Fuzzysquid »

I PM'd someone from that thread to ask for the URL of this place, and their (again, private message) response to me was censored. I assume automatically, but... yeah really leaves a poor taste in my mouth.
cel4145
MoT Member

Post by cel4145 »

I have used this when sharing the URL by PM
ɯoɔ˙ǝɯᴉʇuouɐɯ
It is not part of the normal character set (uses HTML code to display), so I think it might be difficult to set a filter for it.
:D
Robotaz
MoT Member

Post by Robotaz »

cel4145 wrote:I have used this when sharing the URL by PM
ɯoɔ˙ǝɯᴉʇuouɐɯ
It is not part of the normal character set (uses HTML code to display), so I think it might be difficult to set a filter for it.
:D
lol
BoxClever
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BoxClever »

So i've just been back on WuS following a 4 day ban, i'm not going to antagonise anyone but i'm not going to change my behaviour for a moderator who basically believes the site is run by his bible alone. Will update if/when something happens.
The Sultan of SoWhat
MoT Member

Post by The Sultan of SoWhat »

BoxClever wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:37 pm So i've just been back on WuS following a 4 day ban, i'm not going to antagonise anyone but i'm not going to change my behaviour for a moderator who basically believes the site is run by his bible alone. Will update if/when something happens.

Good luck!
vta_watch
MoT Member

Post by vta_watch »

Fuzzysquid wrote:I PM'd someone from that thread to ask for the URL of this place, and their (again, private message) response to me was censored. I assume automatically, but... yeah really leaves a poor taste in my mouth.
One workaround for those who use Tapatalk is to send a Tapatalk chat message instead of a forum PM. Never touches the WUS servers, so they can't censor it. Only works when contacting other Tapatalk users, of course.