We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rolex Flip Challenge

Discuss anything that doesn't fit elsewhere on the site. As a reminder, religion, politics and weaponry are prohibited.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: Rolex Flip Challenge

Post by TheJohnP »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 am This is why I love eBay Global Shipping. It's the only way that I will sell items internationally.

"We've finished investigating the claim your buyer filed, and we've decided the case in the buyer's favor.
We've determined, however, that the global shipping provider was at fault and is responsible for refunding the total amount of the purchase and shipping to the buyer. We won't deduct any money from your account."

Problem with repackaging?
I've read that is an issue with Ebay Global Shipping.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

TheJohnP wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:21 am
BillionaireDoors wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:17 am This is why I love eBay Global Shipping. It's the only way that I will sell items internationally.

"We've finished investigating the claim your buyer filed, and we've decided the case in the buyer's favor.
We've determined, however, that the global shipping provider was at fault and is responsible for refunding the total amount of the purchase and shipping to the buyer. We won't deduct any money from your account."

Problem with repackaging?
I've read that is an issue with Ebay Global Shipping.
No, I haven't had any issues with eBay repackaging. This one shows as delivered to the buyer in their country, but they claim that they did not receive it. The buyer says their local mail service is sending it back. I have no clue where it actually is.

I have also had items stuck in customs for over a month (refunded) and items removed by customs (refunded).

One time, I sold a watch to a Canadian customer and shipped it to eBay. eBay decided that the alligator strap was not legal to import into Canada. They refunded the buyer and kept the watch. I wonder what they did with it?
WhichWatch?
MoT Member

Post by WhichWatch? »

Here goes ... paid $6 for both at yard sales yesterday morn. Pricing on the sign is based on the most recent sale which charged $83.77 shipping. No clue what it will actually cost. Should I be scared?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

WhichWatch? wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:11 pm Here goes ... paid $6 for both at yard sales yesterday morn. Pricing on the sign is based on the most recent sale which charged $83.77 shipping. No clue what it will actually cost. Should I be scared?

Nice job!

If the plush is under 1 pound, I ship them in a heavy poly bag for $4-5. I just packed one that came to 15 ounces for $4.99.

Check on FedEx or UPS "pack and ship" prices for the sign. That price should be in the ballpark. You may also want to check the "Local Pickup" option on eBay and/or list it on local sales sites. Somebody will definitely want that for their game room.
mrb12186
MoT Member

Post by mrb12186 »

Apologies in advance for the long post...

After spending more than a house payment on watches in the last 2 weeks I decided it was time to start flipping some of the pieces that don’t get much wrist time. Since I’m not really going for volume I took advantage of the most recent “sell 5 items free” promotion eBay had going last week and decided to give it a go.

In all, I listed 4 watches, 3 with buy it now pricing and one via auction. I decided to use fixed pricing for the Hamilton, Seiko and Zelos since I didn’t want to take a loss. I didn’t realize you had to pay for a reserve price and when listing on my phone it wasn’t clear how much they charge for it. I opted to list the Dan Henry 1968 as an auction since I only paid $150 for it so I knew I wouldn’t take a bath on it if it sold for less than I wanted.

My question is, what are your thoughts on the two pricing models? Do you prefer one over the other? I’ve been amazed at how much more traction the Dan Henry has gotten compared to the others despite being a less popular brand. So far it has 3x the views, 8x the watchers and with 3 days left I know I’ll at least break even. Most surprising is the BNIB Alpinist, which I listed exactly at the average selling price, has yet to even receive an offer.

So far though it’s been a positive experience overall. I’ve already accepted offers on the Hamilton and Zelos and thanks to the deals found on this forum have made $40 and $100 respectively over what I paid for them new.

Rabirnie
MoT Member

Post by Rabirnie »

What are folks thoughts on flipping fashion/trendy shoes from Nike, Adidas, and the like? I’m not a sneaker head but I’ve seen some outrageous prices for what I consider to be heinous shoes. If I can pick them up through an online retailer at half or below half price, is it worth picking up?

Thanks for all the help!

BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Rabirnie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 pm What are folks thoughts on flipping fashion/trendy shoes from Nike, Adidas, and the like? I’m not a sneaker head but I’ve seen some outrageous prices for what I consider to be heinous shoes. If I can pick them up through an online retailer at half or below half price, is it worth picking up?

Thanks for all the help!
Not my area, but yes people do it. Apparently the thing to do it set up automated bots to buy limited edition shoes the second they go on sale.

There's probably an opportunity to stack coupons and cashback for online stores and flip them on eBay. Make sure to check sold comps first.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Rabirnie wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:11 pm What are folks thoughts on flipping fashion/trendy shoes from Nike, Adidas, and the like? I’m not a sneaker head but I’ve seen some outrageous prices for what I consider to be heinous shoes. If I can pick them up through an online retailer at half or below half price, is it worth picking up?

Thanks for all the help!

Ebay is not the main place to sell shoes, StockX is.
I have a friend who side hustles selling sneakers and that is her go to.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Flip of the Day

Found theses for 50 cents each at a thrift store. I don't sell a lot of media, but I keep an eye out for obvious items like this. Religious stuff usually sells well also.

$24.88 Sold Price
$3.24 eBay + Paypal fees
$2.98 Shipping Media Mail
$2 Buy Cost
$16.66 Net Profit
Screenshot_20190717-132707.png
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:24 pm Is anyone getting any benefit from this thread? I hope it's inspiring some of you to go out and try, or at least cash in the junk you have sitting around your houses.
I am. Some of the tips you've put in here is stuff I've already figured out on my own but others are definitely helpful. And even if it wasn't helpful, I still think the posts are interesting. Mostly I use ebay to flip watches, although I am starting to think about what else I could sell. In most cases I have to do auctions because I need to know that they will sell and that I am available to pack them up and ship them. One thing I'm trying to figure out now is if there is a way to add tag words so that my listing will come up when people search for words others than what is in my title. Recently auctioning a full metal square G-Shock I noticed some have it listed as GMWB5000D-1 and some as GMW-B5000D-1. Different listings come up depending on which you type in butI want to get mine to come up with either search. Any thoughts?
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 pm
BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:24 pm Is anyone getting any benefit from this thread? I hope it's inspiring some of you to go out and try, or at least cash in the junk you have sitting around your houses.
I am. Some of the tips you've put in here is stuff I've already figured out on my own but others are definitely helpful. And even if it wasn't helpful, I still think the posts are interesting. Mostly I use ebay to flip watches, although I am starting to think about what else I could sell. In most cases I have to do auctions because I need to know that they will sell and that I am available to pack them up and ship them. One thing I'm trying to figure out now is if there is a way to add tag words so that my listing will come up when people search for words others than what is in my title. Recently auctioning a full metal square G-Shock I noticed some have it listed as GMWB5000D-1 and some as GMW-B5000D-1. Different listings come up depending on which you type in butI want to get mine to come up with either search. Any thoughts?
The only way I know for certain is to put both model numbers in the title. I've seen many listings for Seikos include both the Japan and US model numbers in the titles.

When I search for "GMW-B5000D-1" it includes this listing. That tells me that it is searching the Item Specifics as well as the title. Maybe it would work to put one number in the title and the other in the Item Specifics?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-G-Shock- ... 3217777413
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:44 pm Maybe it would work to put one number in the title and the other in the Item Specifics?
That might work. I notice that seller has a reference number listed under MPN. I'll try it next time. I've put the alternate name in the free text description before but unless someone is checking the advanced search box for "Title and Description" it probably doesn't come up. When I was looking into this a few months ago I found an article that said you can attach "keywords" to your photos but I never read the whole article and must have closed the tab and forgot.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

mrb12186 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:17 pm Apologies in advance for the long post...

After spending more than a house payment on watches in the last 2 weeks I decided it was time to start flipping some of the pieces that don’t get much wrist time. Since I’m not really going for volume I took advantage of the most recent “sell 5 items free” promotion eBay had going last week and decided to give it a go.

In all, I listed 4 watches, 3 with buy it now pricing and one via auction. I decided to use fixed pricing for the Hamilton, Seiko and Zelos since I didn’t want to take a loss. I didn’t realize you had to pay for a reserve price and when listing on my phone it wasn’t clear how much they charge for it. I opted to list the Dan Henry 1968 as an auction since I only paid $150 for it so I knew I wouldn’t take a bath on it if it sold for less than I wanted.

My question is, what are your thoughts on the two pricing models? Do you prefer one over the other? I’ve been amazed at how much more traction the Dan Henry has gotten compared to the others despite being a less popular brand. So far it has 3x the views, 8x the watchers and with 3 days left I know I’ll at least break even. Most surprising is the BNIB Alpinist, which I listed exactly at the average selling price, has yet to even receive an offer.

So far though it’s been a positive experience overall. I’ve already accepted offers on the Hamilton and Zelos and thanks to the deals found on this forum have made $40 and $100 respectively over what I paid for them new.

I prefer the set price, make an offer option, basically for the control it affords over the sale. I use auctions for a quick sale when the minimum sales price is not critical, usually when there is ample room for a satisfactory sale price based on recent sales history. I don't use reserve pricing, ads to cost and the set price, make an offer option takes care of this issue. Not saying it isn't a useful tool for others or in some cases.

Yes, auctions garner the most attention, which is slightly decreased when you set a minimum sales price and especially when it doesn't sell the first time you will loose some bidders. Keep in mind that under priced set price sales are often quickly snapped up, thus there is never a buildup of interest. Surest way to know you priced it too low.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Anybody find items to sell this weekend?

I sourced close to $1000 in profit at retail stores including $800 at Kohl's yesterday. Already have most of it ready to drop off at UPS. Now I have $385 in Kohl's Cash to spend this week.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

[mention]BillionaireDoors[/mention] Occasionally I get these coupons for a discount on selling fees or final value fees. Have you found that you get more of these coupons if you sell more or has it stayed the same of is it just random? I like to auction lower cost items whenever and save the higher cost items for when I get a seller discount but you can never really count on getting one.