TJ Maxx/ TK Maxx - thoughts?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
pgcity
MoT Member

TJ Maxx/ TK Maxx - thoughts?

Post by pgcity »

i'm not familiar with either retailers but the Eterna Kontiki posted recently on the HUISABH thread has piqued my interest as I've not seen prices that low before(yes still a newbie when it comes to looking up for deals). I almost pulled the trigger on one of them but i'll wait for future deals on those. May I ask if there's anything I need to be aware of these 2 retailers when it comes to warranty, quality of the watches etc?

on another thought, are the Eternas serviceable only by the authorised service providers as some/all come with in house movements?
thank you.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Re: TJ Maxx/ TK Maxx - thoughts?

Post by TheJohnP »

TJ Maxx and the European counterpart, TK Maxx sell new and authentic watches, but I would not count on any warranty from them or manufacturer.
With that, what you get in savings from say purchasing from an AD, should cover any issues you might encounter.

As far as service, you might have to stick within the Eterna network. But can't say for certain.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:47 pm TJ Maxx and the European counterpart, TK Maxx sell new and authentic watches, but I would not count on any warranty from them or manufacturer.
With that, what you get in savings from say purchasing from an AD, should cover any issues you might encounter.

As far as service, you might have to stick within the Eterna network. But can't say for certain.
Ok. Thank you.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

I have purchased more than a few watches from them, including an Alpina, a Casio and a Timex. They include a 2-year retailer warranty with all watch sales, and I have tested it successfully. They will accept a watch return no questions asked as long as it is within the warranty period. The watches you find there will often include the original packaging, though they also have many that do not. Whatever you buy from them is returnable for full refund for a period of 2 years.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
pgcity
MoT Member

Post by pgcity »

watchpalooza wrote:I have purchased more than a few watches from them, including an Alpina, a Casio and a Timex. They include a 2-year retailer warranty with all watch sales, and I have tested it successfully. They will accept a watch return no questions asked as long as it is within the warranty period. The watches you find there will often include the original packaging, though they also have many that do not. Whatever you buy from them is returnable for full refund for a period of 2 years.
That's good to hear. Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

AndyS
MoT Member

Post by AndyS »

TJ Maxx stores in the US are great sources of watch deals, but you have to work to find them. I stop in a lot just to see what's there.

I've gotten really good G-Shock deals, and have seen good deals on everything from Citizen to Victorinox to Luminox. I've actually started watching watches until they hit clearance, then the prices will go from decent to great, depending on the watch.
Bergbergs
MoT Member

Post by Bergbergs »

I've seen some wonderful deals from TJ Maxx in the brick and mortar locations. Fortunately, there's a TJ Maxx / Homegoods near me and the fiancee loves to shop there, so I get to check out their stock often. They sell a lot of fashion pieces but the one near me very frequently has Citizen, G-Shock, Victorinox, Luminox, Invicta, and I've even seen a Frederique Constant. Deals range from ok to great. My favorite deal from TJ Maxx was a Victorinox Champagne Chrono on clearance for about $75. It goes for over $200 new.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

Bergbergs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 am I've seen some wonderful deals from TJ Maxx in the brick and mortar locations. Fortunately, there's a TJ Maxx / Homegoods near me and the fiancee loves to shop there, so I get to check out their stock often. They sell a lot of fashion pieces but the one near me very frequently has Citizen, G-Shock, Victorinox, Luminox, Invicta, and I've even seen a Frederique Constant. Deals range from ok to great. My favorite deal from TJ Maxx was a Victorinox Champagne Chrono on clearance for about $75. It goes for over $200 new.
My best score was the green dial, green strap INOX (with bumper) for $50.

I stupidly sold it about a month later. :oops:

Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

ManOnTime wrote:
Bergbergs wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:58 am I've seen some wonderful deals from TJ Maxx in the brick and mortar locations. Fortunately, there's a TJ Maxx / Homegoods near me and the fiancee loves to shop there, so I get to check out their stock often. They sell a lot of fashion pieces but the one near me very frequently has Citizen, G-Shock, Victorinox, Luminox, Invicta, and I've even seen a Frederique Constant. Deals range from ok to great. My favorite deal from TJ Maxx was a Victorinox Champagne Chrono on clearance for about $75. It goes for over $200 new.

That's an unheard off price in my area. Hope it was an easy 300/400% + profit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Last edited by PetWatch on Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:57 pm
ManOnTime wrote:

That's an unheard off price in my area. Hope it was an easy 300/400 + profit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I honestly can't remember, but I don't think it was quite that much. :lol:
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody