We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by yinzburgher »

I got both my package and my cash back today from the RGM 22% cash back promotion. It shipped from Closer via Japan Post EMS. I was fully expecting that I would have to bug Rakuten/Ebates about it but it just showed up without any effort on my part this time. Last time I checked a few days ago, there was no checkmark next to my shopping trip but now it is showing up and the full amount of cash back has posted to my account. I just grabbed a screenshot in case they try any funny business. I really hope this positive development signifies me and Rakuten being like peas and carrots again when it comes to RGM transactions. Especially because I signed up for RGX in anticipation of more of these promotions.
MOZ46
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MOZ46 »

Update. Just got my rakuten (ebates) cashback!!! Time to wait to get that " Big Fat Check"
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Still nothing for me. And no reply to my last email as well.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

How do you prove what percentage rebate you were promised? Seems like they have it setup that you dont get paid and you cant return an item because you are past the return date plus shipping both ways.

What am I missing have seen some deals but seems like a hassle.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

tjcdas wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:56 am How do you prove what percentage rebate you were promised? Seems like they have it setup that you dont get paid and you cant return an item because you are past the return date plus shipping both ways.

What am I missing have seen some deals but seems like a hassle.
I've had them initially deny the cash back altogether and then later grant it after some time and back and forth emailing. But I've never had them get the cash back percentage wrong. In case that should happen, I always take screenshots of the shopping trip being activated. That gives you a record of the percentage at that time. I'm not sure about returns as I haven't had to return anything so far.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

I would think that returns are not really an option - whether for RGM or for the seller. I would make sure that the deal is good enough that you can easily flip the item if it does not turn out to your liking. It's probably much less hassle (and potentially profitable) to flip rather than to try to return.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Just received an email that I got some cash back. Excitedly I opened it only to find it was a whopping .90 cents cashback for a shoe order I did for my wife 3 hours ago, lol.

On a positive note my order from Japan was just delivered. Now the child in me counts the minutes before I can leave work and get home to see it. :lol:
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MOZ46
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MOZ46 »

Good morning guys, looks like ebates is running another 15% cashback Global Rukuten.
deepfriedicecubes
MoT Member

Post by deepfriedicecubes »

Takes a bit of time. The one I ordered on the 2nd day through RGX hasn't gotten its CB yet. Mine has finally been packed, has anyone have any experience with their EMS vs SAL Small Packet delivery. I'm hoping the SAL would have a higher chance of skipping customs as I've been hit with taxes everytime through EMS so far.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Rakuten Global Market has a coupon for "$50 off orders of $500". Below is the coupon code but it is not necessary. You can just click the radio button during checkout to apply the coupon. In actuality it is a coupon for ¥ 5,000 JPY off of ¥ 50,000 which converts to roughly $45.51 USD off of $455ish. For the moment RGM cash back remains at 15% through Rakuten.

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com
Get $50 off coupon on orders +$500. + 15.0% Cash Back
Code: RJ6X-NUUX-ITPU-NTBH Exp. 05/15/2019
Cash Back Terms: Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.
Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of gift cards. Cash Back is not available on a purchase shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding or proxy services are used, except for Rakuten Global Express. Cash Back is not available on a purchase placed through the Rakuten mobile app or Rakuten Ichiba.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

My experience so far with RGX has been positive. I ordered one watch and three separate orders of Japanese skin care and makeup products for my wife. Shipping to RGX for each item within Japan was either free or $5-6. Shipping of all four orders consolidated to the US is $58 through SAL. Now I'm hoping I can dodge any customs! To me the $58 for shipping seems reasonable since sending all four orders directly to the US would have probably set me back a lot more. I know I've paid more than that for just one watch before and paid $20 before for just one of the same skin care orders. Add to this that my wife is saving a LOT of money on her stuff, even without the cash back, and it's a good deal. I just hope the order comes next week... maybe I should have gotten the EMS shipping! My wife doesn't know that I bought another watch and she's out of the country next week. :-)
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

Got my 1Q cashback payment from PayPal. Thanks to all for sharing in this adventure.
skylinegtr_34
MoT Member

Post by skylinegtr_34 »

yinzburgher wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:29 pm
skylinegtr_34 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:07 pm Can someone please explain how to enroll RGX? I signed in with my rakuten ID now it asks a Japan address. Should I make-up an address-phone number and just enter that one?
That first part is a little confusing. Here is what I did and it worked out fine. For the first 2 fields enter what you see on the attached pic, the zeros and other. Then:
City, Ward (Island): Pittsburgh, PA 15201 USA
Rest of Address: 123 Main St
[img][/img]
I feel stupid to ask again but how the phone number works? I could not make it accept US phone number.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

skylinegtr_34 wrote:
skylinegtr_34 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:07 pm Can someone please explain how to enroll RGX? I signed in with my rakuten ID now it asks a Japan address. Should I make-up an address-phone number and just enter that one?
That first part is a little confusing. Here is what I did and it worked out fine. For the first 2 fields enter what you see on the attached pic, the zeros and other. Then:
[img][/img]
I feel stupid to ask again but how the phone number works? I could not make it accept US phone number.
Try 001 in the first box
Last edited by mplsabdullah on Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

skylinegtr_34 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:16 pm
[img][/img]
Sorry I don't remember exactly but I think I just entered the area code, tab to the next field or move the cursor, next 3 digits, tab again, and last 4. This may not help but I definitely remember feeling unsure about it when I clicked the red button to advance and then seeing a few pages later that all my info was entered correctly.