We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Looks like there won’t be a cashback increase this month. ={

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

2019-08-29 (1).png
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

yinzburgher wrote:
2019-08-29 (1).png
When is the last time it jumped after a few days? I don’t think that has happened in a while.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

I am thinking of jumping on the 16% CB deal, any idea how much time I might have until it disappears?(or With my luck goes to 26%)

And I seem to remember Gallery Rare being a good seller. Can anyone confirm?

Also, will they automatically remove tax when shipping to the US? Or is this something I have to ask them to do?

Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my LG-M322 using Tapatalk

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Dub Rubb wrote:I am thinking of jumping on the 16% CB deal, any idea how much time I might have until it disappears?(or With my luck goes to 26%)

Also, will they automatically remove tax when shipping to the US? Or is this something I have to ask them to do?

Thanks in advance guys!

I’m really debating jumping on the 16% too. I looked at the historical cashback percentages and it rarely goes from 15%/16% back down to 4%. Historically, it has gone up to 20%/24%/26% after a couple of days (unless the 15%/16% was part of a larger Rakuten event). I’m currently thinking I’ll wait until Sunday night to see.

I bought my speedmaster from Gallery Rare and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again. They do not remove the Japanese tax. I’ve asked them in the past and they have always said no. Couldn’t hurt to ask though.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:
Dub Rubb wrote:I am thinking of jumping on the 16% CB deal, any idea how much time I might have until it disappears?(or With my luck goes to 26%)

Thanks in advance guys!

I’m really debating jumping on the 16% too. I looked at the historical cashback percentages and it rarely goes from 15%/16% back down to 4%. Historically, it has gone up to 20%/24%/26% after a couple of days (unless the 15%/16% was part of a larger Rakuten event). I’m currently thinking I’ll wait until Sunday night to see.

I bought my speedmaster from Gallery Rare and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them again. They do not remove the Japanese tax. I’ve asked them in the past and they have always said no. Couldn’t hurt to ask though.

Thanks for all the info! I am just afraid that with my luck this will be the 1st time cash back goes from 16% back to 4%. And the watch I am interested in is already a good deal without any cash back.

Out of curiosity, I had heard that Gallery Rare was an AD for some brands. Did your speedy come with a stamped warranty card?

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Dub Rubb wrote:
ILiveOnWacker wrote:

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks for all the info! I am just afraid that with my luck this will be the 1st time cash back goes from 16% back to 4%. And the watch I am interested in is already a good deal without any cash back.

Out of curiosity, I had heard that Gallery Rare was an AD for some brands. Did your speedy come with a stamped warranty card?

It did, but it wasn’t stamped by them. It was from a jeweler in Germany.

The watch listings typically say if it comes with a stamped card. My speedy came in the full presentation box.

Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

Well, I got effed today. Went for it at 16%. Made the order, and got an email 30 minutes later saying the item had already been sold.

Log back in to Rakuten, back to 4% CB. Eff me.

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

Dub Rubb wrote:Well, I got effed today. Went for it at 16%. Made the order, and got an email 30 minutes later saying the item had already been sold.

That sucks. I noticed that the higher cashback percentages never extend to the first of the next month, so I was preparing to make a purchase today. Guess that won’t be happening. What time did you notice the cashback change? I’ve aldehyde wondered when they do it. It had not updated by midnight Japan time.

Looks like the cashback is becoming more random. Past experience is not indicative of future performance.

Here’s to hoping that being patient will pay off! (Crossing my fingers that the watch I want isn’t sold before the next cashback increase)

AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Dub Rubb wrote:Well, I got effed today. Went for it at 16%. Made the order, and got an email 30 minutes later saying the item had already been sold.

Don't worry there are always deals on Rakuten. Last Monday I was going to buy something that was a great deal but I waited too long deciding and it sold out. It was such an obscure watch I didn't think anyone would even find the listing.
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
Dub Rubb
MoT Member

Post by Dub Rubb »

ILiveOnWacker wrote:

That sucks. I noticed that the higher cashback percentages never extend to the first of the next month, so I was preparing to make a purchase today. Guess that won’t be happening. What time did you notice the cashback change? I’ve aldehyde wondered when they do it. It had not updated by midnight Japan time.

Looks like the cashback is becoming more random. Past experience is not indicative of future performance.

Here’s to hoping that being patient will pay off! (Crossing my fingers that the watch I want isn’t sold before the next cashback increase)

Well I ordered at 11:40pm and it was back down to 4% by 12:10 am. So I am guessing it is 12:00 am Pacific time

IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

valuewatchguy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:00 pm Well I waited till I received the item and then called. Customer Service confirmed that I purchased during the 24% promotion and they will have to contact RGM to find out what is happening.

I also have a 10X points promotion that ran from that vendor that also has not shown up in my account. I'll have to chase that after I get the cash back.

Thanks again for the phone #

valuewatchguy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 pm
yinzburgher wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:49 pm
415-908-2200
[/quot]e

Thank you! I will call tomorrow. I need to clear up why a cash back is not showing on my accoutn sumamry even though the shopping trip did register.

Just a quick followup.

I did get the cashback.....well it showed up in my account yesterday! And the Super Points were confirmed a week or so ago.

It took nearly 2 months.....but it worked out. Held my breath on that one based on the $ amount.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

valuewatchguy wrote:
valuewatchguy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:00 pm Well I waited till I received the item and then called. Customer Service confirmed that I purchased during the 24% promotion and they will have to contact RGM to find out what is happening.

I also have a 10X points promotion that ran from that vendor that also has not shown up in my account. I'll have to chase that after I get the cash back.

Thanks again for the phone #

valuewatchguy wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Just a quick followup.

I did get the cashback.....well it showed up in my account yesterday! And the Super Points were confirmed a week or so ago.

It took nearly 2 months.....but it worked out. Held my breath on that one based on the $ amount.
Same here. My large purchase finally posted to my cash back account this weekend after an appeal and sweating for a few weeks. Sigh of relief.

ig: @watchesindc
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

Need some advice about an RGM purchase. I bought a pretty nice GMT Master in the last round of 24% cash back. It looks great and kept perfect time for a month. However, it just stopped and my local watchmaker tells me that it's a broken main spring. $1500 from Rolex, he'll do it for half that. I've been in touch with the folks in Japan and they stayed with "we only do business in Japan" which makes some sense because I used RGX to ship to the US. They're telling me that they will repair for free if it's "under warranty" which I'm interpreting as they will repair if it's not something I did but there is a language disconnect. They're also insisting that I'm responsible for shipping in both directions.

So I'm concerned about a few things:

1. I used a freight forwarding service so the logistics of shipping isn't easy.
2. Who knows what shipping plus insurance will be both ways.
3. I'm not convinced that they'll fix it for free. They don't seem to understand that the main spring is broken.
4. Duties in either or both directions. Will they slap import duties on it? That would sting.

Anyone have advice? Spending $750 is a tough pull to swallow on a new watch.

Thankfully, the cash back is registered so at least that's going through. Maybe contacting RGX or RGM is a smart idea.

Thanks for any opinions.

Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

rinsk21 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:32 pm Need some advice about an RGM purchase. I bought a pretty nice GMT Master in the last round of 24% cash back. It looks great and kept perfect time for a month. However, it just stopped and my local watchmaker tells me that it's a broken main spring. $1500 from Rolex, he'll do it for half that. I've been in touch with the folks in Japan and they stayed with "we only do business in Japan" which makes some sense because I used RGX to ship to the US. They're telling me that they will repair for free if it's "under warranty" which I'm interpreting as they will repair if it's not something I did but there is a language disconnect. They're also insisting that I'm responsible for shipping in both directions.

So I'm concerned about a few things:

1. I used a freight forwarding service so the logistics of shipping isn't easy.
2. Who knows what shipping plus insurance will be both ways.
3. I'm not convinced that they'll fix it for free. They don't seem to understand that the main spring is broken.
4. Duties in either or both directions. Will they slap import duties on it? That would sting.

Anyone have advice? Spending $750 is a tough pull to swallow on a new watch.

Thankfully, the cash back is registered so at least that's going through. Maybe contacting RGX or RGM is a smart idea.

Thanks for any opinions.

I doubt I will be much help, but here are some of my thoughts. I think you are okay on the import duties. I believe that as long as the forms are marked repair, there are none. For shipping and insurance, I'm guessing it will be at least $150-200 each way, but I'm sure you could go on a shipping site and at least get an estimate. The repair part is tricky. Which warranty are they referring to? Theirs? How old is the watch? I would hate for them to say that you had it for a month so it must have been something you did that caused the problem. If it were me, I would probably lean toward the $750 local option. I feel like there are too many things that could go wrong the other way. Plus, if shipping does turn out to be $300-400, then you are really only saving a few hundred. Good luck with whatever you decide. Keep us posted if you go the Japan route.