We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
skylinegtr_34
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by skylinegtr_34 »

Can someone please explain how to enroll RGX? I signed in with my rakuten ID now it asks a Japan address. Should I make-up an address-phone number and just enter that one?
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

skylinegtr_34 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:07 pm Can someone please explain how to enroll RGX? I signed in with my rakuten ID now it asks a Japan address. Should I make-up an address-phone number and just enter that one?
That first part is a little confusing. Here is what I did and it worked out fine. For the first 2 fields enter what you see on the attached pic, the zeros and other. Then:
City, Ward (Island): Pittsburgh, PA 15201 USA
Rest of Address: 123 Main St
[img][/img]
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

[mention]uaconcorde[/mention] and [mention]Canyonary[/mention] I know you both mentioned that after you made your purchases you noticed the cash back had dropped back to 4% again. If you are still planning to follow through with those purchases, you might not have to give up on that cash back. There is no guarantee of course but sometimes that fact that they can see that you initiated the shopping trip while it was still at 22% is enough for them to grant you the cash back. Also, a couple times with other websites I have made a purchase, then realized that I forgot to use Ebates. I then went back and initiated a shopping trip or two and then a few days later I requested my cash back and it was granted. My point is that they are actually aware that their system doesn't capture every transaction and the timing with 100% accuracy so they will often error on the side of giving you the cash back. Anyway, just a thought. Assuming you still really want the watch, you might try to bother them enough to give you the full 22% rather than 4%. Screenshots of the shopping trip being initiated always help of course.
deepfriedicecubes
MoT Member

Post by deepfriedicecubes »

I think I went to town with these cashbacks recently. Got a Rolex Explorer MK1 during the first 26% CB on Jan, and now I am getting one of those best of both worlds Hesalite Sandwich Speedys and a 5 digit sub with SEL and lug holes. Obviously these are all very versatile GADA watches but the point of GADA watches is to not have 3 of them, so I will need to decide on which ones to go. But given my undecisiveness, I'll probably end up listing all of them and see which one is the last to remain. :D
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

My address was approved for RGX last night. My order has not shipped yet however the charge has been pending on my card for two days now. Curious to see how this works with RGX in the mix and if the cashback process is any less of a hassle this time around. Even though they are all the same company I'm fairly sure I'll have to send Rakuten proof that I used RGX to get my cashback since Rakuten global will show delivery to the address I was assigned in Japan. Last round they did me a "favor" even though I showed proof that I did everything within their guidelines.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

deepfriedicecubes wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:15 am I think I went to town with these cashbacks recently. Got a Rolex Explorer MK1 during the first 26% CB on Jan, and now I am getting one of those best of both worlds Hesalite Sandwich Speedys and a 5 digit sub with SEL and lug holes. Obviously these are all very versatile GADA watches but the point of GADA watches is to not have 3 of them, so I will need to decide on which ones to go. But given my undecisiveness, I'll probably end up listing all of them and see which one is the last to remain. :D
Sounds like fun! I've been kind of preaching this that it's okay to save $100 on a Seiko with these Rakuten CB deals, if that's where your budget is at. However, the real bang for the buck is to save thousands on the luxury brands. I got a Rolex GMT Master II back at the end of December, Speedy Sapphire Sandwich in February, and this time got a Bvlgari Octo. I was also going to get a Zenith El Primero this time, but I was "only" going to save about $900 on a $5,000 watch, so I passed. That's getting kind of sad when a deal isn't good enough unless you're saving a couple thousand! :(

My justification for "going to town" on these deals is that what Rakuten is doing is not sustainable, so it probably won't last (at least not the 26%) and prices on some watches like Rolex sports models and the Omega Speedy are only going up, up, and up. So I figured that if I waited until next year to get a GMT (for example), then I'm going to end up paying significantly more - like maybe thousands more!
deepfriedicecubes
MoT Member

Kirk B wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:11 pm
Sounds like fun! I've been kind of preaching this that it's okay to save $100 on a Seiko with these Rakuten CB deals, if that's where your budget is at. However, the real bang for the buck is to save thousands on the luxury brands. I got a Rolex GMT Master II back at the end of December, Speedy Sapphire Sandwich in February, and this time got a Bvlgari Octo. I was also going to get a Zenith El Primero this time, but I was "only" going to save about $900 on a $5,000 watch, so I passed. That's getting kind of sad when a deal isn't good enough unless you're saving a couple thousand! :(

My justification for "going to town" on these deals is that what Rakuten is doing is not sustainable, so it probably won't last (at least not the 26%) and prices on some watches like Rolex sports models and the Omega Speedy are only going up, up, and up. So I figured that if I waited until next year to get a GMT (for example), then I'm going to end up paying significantly more - like maybe thousands more!
I was gonna bite the GMTs as well, but I think I might already be a year late for that when the 5 digits GMTs prices shot up through the roof. Some of these 5 digits are priced higher than a brand new 6 digit sub at grey market prices! And I had reservations about a bicolor bezel being my primary watch.

I actually got a normal speedy half a year ago during the 20% CB period, which I sold for a $360 profit because I wasn't a bracelet guy back then. Ppl were losing their minds over the 20% cash back then and now we're getting pampered with 26% that 22% felt not as good. Truly first world problems.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Received notice that my watch arrived at RGX. I put in the packaging request and I'm waiting for the next step to find out how much they are going to charge to get it to me.

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.

tjcdas
MoT Member

Post by tjcdas »

For shipping to USA what does the shipping normally cost, dont know gram weight.

Thanks

Tom
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

tjcdas wrote:For shipping to USA what does the shipping normally cost, dont know gram weight.

Thanks

Tom
This is from a sumo I ordered last time that was shipped directly from the seller.
Shipping fee            3,837(円)
Mailing cost          2,000(円)

This time I used RGX and they haven't told me what they plan to charge yet.

mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

tjcdas wrote:For shipping to USA what does the shipping normally cost, dont know gram weight.

Thanks

Tom
Just received my payment request from RGX for my recent order. 5250 jpy to ship to me in the USA.

mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

My order just cleared customs in Chicago. [emoji106]

So far so good on RGX shipping time.

I submitted a request (?) To Rakuten regarding my cash back not showing up yet. As usual they asked for the order info and them came back with the same response I've (likely most of us) received the last two times that they have to wait for the seller to confirm and could take up to 45 days, blah, blah.

Still makes no sense to me how difficult this process has become when dealing with cash back that is all done with in Rakuten. Cash back from other stores usually shows up right away.
MOZ46
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MOZ46 »

mplsabdullah wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:01 pm My order just cleared customs in Chicago. [emoji106]

So far so good on RGX shipping time.

I submitted a request (?) To Rakuten regarding my cash back not showing up yet. As usual they asked for the order info and them came back with the same response I've (likely most of us) received the last two times that they have to wait for the seller to confirm and could take up to 45 days, blah, blah.

Still makes no sense to me how difficult this process has become when dealing with cash back that is all done with in Rakuten. Cash back from other stores usually shows up right away.
Hi Guys,
Been following this page for a week now. I just got my item today and my cashback is not showing up too. I called in and they told me to send all of the documents via email. Crossing fingers that i get my cashback
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

My cash back has not shown up yet either, but I'm not worried about it. Seems that you need to fight for the cash back, but it eventually comes. I still have one of four orders shipping to RGX. Once everything is consolidated and shipped to the US, then I'll probably file a claim.

As a side note, my wife bought something from Coach with the recent 15% CB. Rakuten gave her the wrong amount of CB (too low). Fortunately she left the checkout screen open on my computer and I grabbed a screenshot (because I knew she didn't). I sent Rakuten an e-mail with a request to fix the CB and I sent the screenshot. They fixed the amount of CB within minutes! They do seem to be quick to fix things once the CB has been confirmed, as long as you have those screenshots. The lesson here is take screenshots of everything when checking out!
deepfriedicecubes
MoT Member

My CB came through today. Got this through normal Japan EMS instead of RGX. Order date was Apr 29th. I did not send them any email/missing cashback feedback this time and just let it run its course. The RGX order hasn't even been packed yet. Haha.