We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by BostonCharlie »

USMChawk wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:03 pm The uncertainty surrounding Rakuten’s discounts makes them a non-starter for me. Too many horror stories to make it worth the risk.
It makes a great spectator sport, though. ;-) If I could run with the big dogs, I would.
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

BostonCharlie wrote:
USMChawk wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:03 pm The uncertainty surrounding Rakuten’s discounts makes them a non-starter for me. Too many horror stories to make it worth the risk.
It makes a great spectator sport, though. ;-) If I could run with the big dogs, I would.
Do it. It's a great way to get your heart rate up!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

16% cashback at Rakuten Global. Maybe it will go up to 26%, maybe not!

Good luck if you are willing to risk it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

I placed four orders with RGM when they were at 22% CB. I got my CB through Ebates/Rakuten and I had everything shipped through RGX using their economy option (which is Japan Post EMS and USPS). I got my order today, so everything has worked out fine. My wife got some very nice, very expensive Japanese cosmetics and skin care at killer prices, so she is happy and I got a watch, so I am happy! :D
Bvlgari 2s.jpg
I won again (this is my third expensive watch from RGM) as the watch was exactly as described - new with stamped but not dated warranty card. I'm happy because I got it for a couple thousand less than what I could in the United States - Bvlgari Octo 41mm on bracelet.
Bvlgari 1s.jpg
Now a couple notes - Japan Post EMS came through for me again without any customs charges although the full price (before super points, etc.) was clearly marked on the packing slip. Why does our government let so much money slip through their fingers? I'm not going to complain! Also, the tracking was absolutely horrible (which I experienced before) with the package disappearing for several days at a time. This prompted me to look at the RGX policy on insurance for their shipments. Economy shipping is covered up to 300,000 Yen, which was not enough for my package. I would have lost about $1,000 USD if my package had been lost!!! The premium shipping covers up to 2,000,000 Yen. Lesson learned - if buying an expensive watch, then pay more for the premium/expedited shipping to cover your rear. I haven't bought many watches overseas, but I did have one (not from RGM) disappear in transit, never to be seen. Overall though I was happy with the RGX experience. With purchasing multiple items I am sure that I saved something on the shipping costs.
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

Kirk B wrote:I placed four orders with RGM when they were at 22% CB. I got my CB through Ebates/Rakuten and I had everything shipped through RGX using their economy option (which is Japan Post EMS and USPS). I got my order today, so everything has worked out fine. My wife got some very nice, very expensive Japanese cosmetics and skin care at killer prices, so she is happy and I got a watch, so I am happy! :D
Bvlgari 2s.jpg
I won again (this is my third expensive watch from RGM) as the watch was exactly as described - new with stamped but not dated warranty card. I'm happy because I got it for a couple thousand less than what I could in the United States - Bvlgari Octo 41mm on bracelet.
Bvlgari 1s.jpg
Now a couple notes - Japan Post EMS came through for me again without any customs charges although the full price (before super points, etc.) was clearly marked on the packing slip. Why does our government let so much money slip through their fingers? I'm not going to complain! Also, the tracking was absolutely horrible (which I experienced before) with the package disappearing for several days at a time. This prompted me to look at the RGX policy on insurance for their shipments. Economy shipping is covered up to 300,000 Yen, which was not enough for my package. I would have lost about $1,000 USD if my package had been lost!!! The premium shipping covers up to 2,000,000 Yen. Lesson learned - if buying an expensive watch, then pay more for the premium/expedited shipping to cover your rear. I haven't bought many watches overseas, but I did have one (not from RGM) disappear in transit, never to be seen. Overall though I was happy with the RGX experience. With purchasing multiple items I am sure that I saved something on the shipping costs.
I was considering this exact watch for a while. Thank you for removing the temptation. I like that design, the sort of Genta style that scratches the APRO/PP Aquanaut itch for a reasonable price. Worth the price?

Kirk B
MoT Member

Post by Kirk B »

rinsk21 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 pm I was considering this exact watch for a while. Thank you for removing the temptation. I like that design, the sort of Genta style that scratches the APRO/PP Aquanaut itch for a reasonable price. Worth the price?
This in regards to the Bvlgari Octo 41.5mm - yes, my initial impressions are that it's worth the price. I was also looking at the GP Laureato and the VC Overseas. The AP Royal Oak's command top dollar, so were not in the equation. Basically though I paid 1/3 of the price for a new Octo that I would have paid for a used Laureato or Overseas! That represents a good value to me. The Octo is also a bit more of an updated, contemporary Genta-inspired design vs the others with that 1970's vibe. The Bvlgari watch chief said in reference to the Octo, "I don't wear my grandfather's clothes or drive my grandfather's car, so why would I wear his watch?"

A couple things that have surprised me - the watch has a lot more mirror polished surfaces than you would think from the web pictures, so a lot more "bling". Also the 41.5mm doesn't wear big, it wears HUGE. It is a true 41.5mm wide and the lug to lug is a reasonable 47.3mm, but the bracelet is 30mm wide at the lugs and it's that huge bracelet that makes the watch wear huge. I am undecided on this one issue on keeping the watch or not. I think I will try on the 38mm in a couple of months when I'm on vacation and near a boutique and then decide.
rinsk21
MoT Member

Post by rinsk21 »

Kirk B wrote:
rinsk21 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:28 pm I was considering this exact watch for a while. Thank you for removing the temptation. I like that design, the sort of Genta style that scratches the APRO/PP Aquanaut itch for a reasonable price. Worth the price?
This in regards to the Bvlgari Octo 41.5mm - yes, my initial impressions are that it's worth the price. I was also looking at the GP Laureato and the VC Overseas. The AP Royal Oak's command top dollar, so were not in the equation. Basically though I paid 1/3 of the price for a new Octo that I would have paid for a used Laureato or Overseas! That represents a good value to me. The Octo is also a bit more of an updated, contemporary Genta-inspired design vs the others with that 1970's vibe. The Bvlgari watch chief said in reference to the Octo, "I don't wear my grandfather's clothes or drive my grandfather's car, so why would I wear his watch?"

A couple things that have surprised me - the watch has a lot more mirror polished surfaces than you would think from the web pictures, so a lot more "bling". Also the 41.5mm doesn't wear big, it wears HUGE. It is a true 41.5mm wide and the lug to lug is a reasonable 47.3mm, but the bracelet is 30mm wide at the lugs and it's that huge bracelet that makes the watch wear huge. I am undecided on this one issue on keeping the watch or not. I think I will try on the 38mm in a couple of months when I'm on vacation and near a boutique and then decide.
Appreciate the insight. That bracelet size sounds absolutely insane. I really like the idea of the 38 and I like this design more than the VC or the GP. I guess I will continue to look out and hopefully you don't swoop in and take the next best deal I see on a 38 before I have a chance to pull the trigger. [emoji6]

uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

uvalaw2005 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:10 am The Rakuten/Ebates sagas continue. Had some cashback disappear from my account last night. Filed a missing cash back report and got this response:
Unfortunately, Cash Back is not available on orders placed through Rakuten Ichiba. This information can be found on our Rakuten Global Market page under Cash Back Terms here:

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com

As a courtesy, we have added a $20 Cash Back Bonus to your account now. This Cash Back will be added to your balance when your next order placed with Rakuten has been added to your account.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything further.

Kaelin M.
Member Services
Rakuten.com
So, to close the loop on this one (at least for now): I pushed back on the "Rakuten Ichiba" nonsense and sent them a screenshot of my order from RGM. After a week, they came back to me with a new excuse:
Unfortunately, we are not able to add Cash Back to your account for the order from Rakuten Global Market. When we looked into this order, we found that the order was attributed to another site that partners with this store. There are many ways this can happen. Here are a few examples:

· If you used a coupon or promo code that is not found on Rakuten but found on another site, that site will be credited for that order.
· If you visit any other site during your shopping trip (especially other sites that offer rewards, coupons, or discounts), that site will be credited for that order.
· If you have a toolbar, plug-in, add-on, etc. installed on your browser (especially for other sites that offer rewards, coupons, or discounts), that site will be credited for that order.

Feel free to reach out to me if you still have any questions. Thank you.
Leticia G.
Member Services
Rakuten.com
As you'd expect, I pushed back on this one as well. I didn't use a coupon, I didn't visit any other site, and the only plug-in I used was Rakuten's own (which I again showed in the order confirmation screenshot with the pop-up indicating the cashback had registered).

I asked to have the issue looked at by a supervisor. Within ten minutes, I got this response:
When we requested credit from the store, the request was declined for the reasons mentioned. However, we truly appreciate your business and love having you as a member, so as a one time courtesy we have added this order to your account.

Feel free to reach out to us if you still have any questions. Thank you.
Heide
Member Services Supervisor
Rakuten.com
So, shady as hell, but after some work I once again have the cash back credited as I should. As has been the case for the past six months or so, and I'm calling it a day. I was already on my way off the RGM carousel, and was temporarily lured in by an Oris Aquis posted here during the last sale, but it's no longer worth it for me. Cashing out while I'm still ahead.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

https://point.rakuten.co.jp/en/

5000 time-limited points, or roughly $46, just showed up in my RGM account a couple days ago. Just curious if anyone else got the same.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

yinzburgher wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:16 am https://point.rakuten.co.jp/en/

5000 time-limited points, or roughly $46, just showed up in my RGM account a couple days ago. Just curious if anyone else got the same.
Yes, got 8000 points. Given my current unhappiness with Rakuten, not sure how to use them.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Thanks for the heads up on the points. I checked and it looks like some are in my account as well. Maybe from my last purchase?

Also I'm again doing the cashback dance with them for a purchase made a few weeks ago. I sent them the info from the order email they requested and of course they quickly came back saying that cashback is not eligible on orders shipped to Japan. I then of course used Rakuten Global Express. No fast reply this time.

I still don't understand why this process is so difficult being that its all with in Rakutens system.
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:14 pmI still don't understand why this process is so difficult being that its all with in Rakutens system.
This. My current cashback activity shows ~20 orders from other vendors, ranging from Brooks Brothers to Belk to FTD Flowers. Cashback shows up same day and never mysteriously disappears.
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

uvalaw2005 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:14 pmI still don't understand why this process is so difficult being that its all with in Rakutens system.
This. My current cashback activity shows ~20 orders from other vendors, ranging from Brooks Brothers to Belk to FTD Flowers. Cashback shows up same day and never mysteriously disappears.
Now they replied to my email about using their Global Express service and they replied saying cashback is not eligible on purchases shipped to Japan even if Rakuten Global Express is used. This is really getting out of hand now.

Is there a number that can be called? Any better way to get these things resolved?
%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 pm
uvalaw2005 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Now they replied to my email about using their Global Express service and they replied saying cashback is not eligible on purchases shipped to Japan even if Rakuten Global Express is used. This is really getting out of hand now.

Is there a number that can be called? Any better way to get these things resolved?
That is ridiculous. Especially considering their Terms and Conditions still state otherwise.
2019-06-17 (2).png
I just got incredibly lucky with my cash back dance. To make a long story short, I finally just got a RGM (shipped by RGX) package that I ordered back on 5/14. I didn't want to request the cash back until I actually got the package in my hands. So as soon as I got back from the post office I requested the cash back and the Rakuten site gave it to me immediately. I've had that happen for other purchases but never once for RGM purchases. 🤞 Hoping it stays in my account.....screenshots of everything.
2019-06-17.png
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

mplsabdullah wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 pm Is there a number that can be called? Any better way to get these things resolved?
Here is the one that uvalaw posted previously. I've never used it. 415-908-2200