We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by uvalaw2005 »

This is the sort of nonsensical bs that we're used to from befrugal, it's sad to see ebates doing it now.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

prin·ci·ples
/ˈprinsəpəls /
noun
plural noun: principles

Principles - Forcing, good, honest people into maniacal, illogical behavior since 384 A.D.
Fuzzysquid
MoT Member

Post by Fuzzysquid »

I’m in the same boat as a few of you, I was denied $1000 cash back because of JapanPost EMS, even though I have received a rebate using that as the shipping option just a few months ago. Still going back and forth but at this point I think my only recourse is small claims court, as I find the language in their terms and conditions to be fraudulent if the only shipper they consider not a “freight forwarding service” is... a freight forwarding service.
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

After continuing to hammer home the point that the language is unclear, Ebates followed up with this:

"We cannot speak to the language on another site, only to the fact that we have been made aware that any order not shipped by Rakuten Global Express will not be paid a commission to Ebates, therefore, not eligible to earn Cash Back."

I replied that this explanation is troubling because the "language" that we've been discussing actually comes from Ebates, and that Ebates and Rakuten are basically the same company so this confusion should not exist. At this point I'm just hitting my head against a brick wall so I will probably just let it go now. I was hoping for clarity for the future, but I guess that isn't going to happen. Best of luck to the rest of you. Keep us posted with any successes or failures.
uvalaw2005
MoT Member

Post by uvalaw2005 »

Take a look at the current terms, see if you spot something that wasn't there when any of us made our purchases:

[img][/img]
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

uvalaw2005 wrote:Take a look at the current terms, see if you spot something that wasn't there when any of us made our purchases:

[img][/img]
WHAT THE F*CK

They can't deny our rebates if that was never there in the first place
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

I’ve never actually seen a merchant that uses Rakuten Global Express. I looked but everything was EMS.

I remember seeing the language about not using freight forwarders back in December. I researched RGE and tried to sign up for it, but it kept taking me to Japanese pages and I couldn’t figure it out. Someone stated back then that they were denied because you needed to use RGE and that EMS was a freight forwarder according to RGM. After I couldn’t find any vendors using it, I gave up and risked ordering a watch that was shipped EMS. Everything worked out fine then.

Looks like the new language means this Avenue is closed since no merchants use RGE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
quincas
MoT Member

Post by quincas »

This is a really shady and deceptive biz practice.

I am glad I wasn't rushed into paying otherwise I would be $800 poorer.

Thanks for all your advice.
claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote:
uvalaw2005 wrote:Take a look at the current terms, see if you spot something that wasn't there when any of us made our purchases:

[img][/img]
WHAT THE F*CK

I took a screenshot of the terms when it was 26% and this was not in there. Not sure if that holds up to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

claus1100xx wrote:
AndroidIsAwesome wrote:

[img][/img]
WHAT THE F*CK

I took a screenshot of the terms when it was 26% and this was not in there. Not sure if that holds up to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It definitely does, mind posting it here in case we need it?
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

This is a sham. I placed orders and the end of last year, who also shipped same way, and the cashback showed up.

I placed four orders last month, three I completed payment, and they shipped. The fourth, the seller couldn't charge my card, (don't ask), so it cancelled out. All four have Japan Post EMS as the shipper they use. Only the order that cancelled had cashback shown up......

Something smells.

All three are still on there way here.... Anyone know about refusing delivery?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

claus1100xx
MoT Member

Post by claus1100xx »

Here is the screenshot of the 26% off which we all jumped on.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/2NTMSdC/26-cashback-rev.jpg[/img]
upload images
pneuma2018
MoT Member

Post by pneuma2018 »

I am glad I cancelled my order when the cash rebate didn't show up. Bye RGM!
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

uvalaw2005 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:58 pm Take a look at the current terms, see if you spot something that wasn't there when any of us made our purchases:

[img][/img]

Imagine that! Looks like someone in upper management is scrambling now. Too bad that won't help much if people want to take things further from the last round. But at least we now know where things stand going forward.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

I just had them flip-flop about why the cashback wasn't showing up. At first the response was "Unfortunately, Cash Back is not available when freight forwarding services are used. This information can be found on our Rakuten Global Market page under Cash Back Terms here:

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com"

When I pressed them on the fact it wasn't a "forwarding service", they responded -

"We are only able to add Cash Back to your account when stores let us know about your order. We will contact the store to verify your order. It usually takes about 10 business days for us to hear back, but it may take up to 45 days. We realize this can be an inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience."

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk