We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Rakuten Global & Ebates

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Re: Rakuten Global & Ebates

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

I don’t think the merchant knows that you are using RGX. They send it to a Japanese address that is a warehouse. Then RGX forwards it to you, so you just give the RGX address to the merchant as the shipping address. It looks like RGX can use EMS, so Rakuten is just trying to make middleman money.

Note: I have not used RGX yet, but have registered for an address for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kd223
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kd223 »

So in theory, one would place the order and use the address registered for with RGX, the seller would ship to the RGX warehouse, and then RGX would forward to me using EMS. And likely, we will end up paying the original seller for ship fees to RGX and then RGX for ship fees to U.S. plus a possible handling/service fee? Seems like a lot of hassle, but a simple workaround to get the cashback to track properly... but the additional shipping/service fee might negate quite a bit of the cashback. Anyone else have any experience with RGX or successfully ordered through RG and ebates tracked properly lately?
ILiveOnWacker
MoT Member

Post by ILiveOnWacker »

kd223 wrote:So in theory, one would place the order and use the address registered for with RGX, the seller would ship to the RGX warehouse, and then RGX would forward to me using EMS. And likely, we will end up paying the original seller for ship fees to RGX and then RGX for ship fees to U.S. plus a possible handling/service fee? Seems like a lot of hassle, but a simple workaround to get the cashback to track properly... but the additional shipping/service fee might negate quite a bit of the cashback. Anyone else have any experience with RGX or successfully ordered through RG and ebates tracked properly lately?
In theory, shipping will probably be more since there is a middleman. I’ve seen many merchants with free domestic shipping, so the increase may not be as much as you are thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Just adding the new terms as they keep changing.

https://www.rakuten.com/globalrakuten.com

Cash Back Terms
Cash Back will be automatically added to your Rakuten account within a few weeks.

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on the purchase or redemption of gift cards. Cash Back is not available on a purchase shipped to Japan or when freight forwarding or proxy services are used, except for Rakuten Global Express. Cash Back is not available on a purchase placed through the Rakuten mobile app.
[img][/img]
woodville63
MoT Member

Post by woodville63 »

viewtopic.php?p=13046#p13046

A pointer to a post I made in the main thread about RG and RGE. I suggest anybody wanting to use RG just open an account with RGE. With free domestic shipping there is actually a benefit to using RGE: access to all the sellers on RG. Because they are shipping to a domestic address I doubt very much they will remove the local sales tax as some do with overseas sales. Be interested to know if anybody has any success in getting the 8% removed.
uaconcorde
MoT Member

Post by uaconcorde »

the major issues with using RGE are:

1) with a domestic address the 8% japan tax will never be waived

2) Paypal will only guarantee your items get delivered to the warehouse, for large ticket watches this can be significant if something were to happen afterwards you can't make any claims

I think it's still very clear they intend for direct shipping overseas to be allowed for cashback, we should keep pushing it instead of using RGE. I can't imagine going without safety of Paypal for oversea shipping of a grail watch, and that's what RGM is best for, grail watches
Penfold36
MoT Member

Post by Penfold36 »

uaconcorde wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:11 pm the major issues with using RGE are:

1) with a domestic address the 8% japan tax will never be waived

2) Paypal will only guarantee your items get delivered to the warehouse, for large ticket watches this can be significant if something were to happen afterwards you can't make any claims

I think it's still very clear they intend for direct shipping overseas to be allowed for cashback, we should keep pushing it instead of using RGE. I can't imagine going without safety of Paypal for oversea shipping of a grail watch, and that's what RGM is best for, grail watches
I'm wondering if you would still have credit card protection (assuming you used your credit card via PayPal)? Because that might extend beyond what PayPal offers.
woodville63
MoT Member

Post by woodville63 »

https://global.rakuten.com/en/help/cust ... ction/item
Doesn't look too bad provided you are paying <US$2500. But for anything more expensive definitely go direct. Of course, it depends on the conditions attached to the cashback's conditions as to whether you can go direct or not. Everybody should not take anything for granted and take 5s to read the RGM Cash Back Terms. I'm past the days of buying expensive watches so it's all good for me either way. Saying that, I think it would be good if they offered the option to buy extra insurance for goods >US$2500 so that users can confidently buy from all sellers. It would be a shame for somebody to miss out because a seller won't ship internationally.

BTW, I had have two issues with watches bought off Yahoo Japan via FromJapan, who were spectacularly useless in helping me resolve the issue with the sellers. 'Nothing to with me, guv!' type of useless. Even though I had bought via FJ using Paypal I always claimed direct to my credit card supplier, 28degrees, in Australia. On both occasions I submitted pdf downloads of the auction pages in English and Japan, and submitted my own photos as to why I was not a happy bunny. Within three days they confirmed the charge-back.
uaconcorde
MoT Member

Post by uaconcorde »

woodville63 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:59 pm
https://global.rakuten.com/en/help/cust ... ction/item
Doesn't look too bad provided you are paying <US$2500. But for anything more expensive definitely go direct. Of course, it depends on the conditions attached to the cashback's conditions as to whether you can go direct or not. Everybody should not take anything for granted and take 5s to read the RGM Cash Back Terms. I'm past the days of buying expensive watches so it's all good for me either way. Saying that, I think it would be good if they offered the option to buy extra insurance for goods >US$2500 so that users can confidently buy from all sellers. It would be a shame for somebody to miss out because a seller won't ship internationally.

BTW, I had have two issues with watches bought off Yahoo Japan via FromJapan, who were spectacularly useless in helping me resolve the issue with the sellers. 'Nothing to with me, guv!' type of useless. Even though I had bought via FJ using Paypal I always claimed direct to my credit card supplier, 28degrees, in Australia. On both occasions I submitted pdf downloads of the auction pages in English and Japan, and submitted my own photos as to why I was not a happy bunny. Within three days they confirmed the charge-back.
credit card protection REALLY depends on the jurisdiction and the card product...... I suggest resolving with paypal before going that route ...

Yahoo Japan is a whole other can of worms, for those of you who are not familiar i think the closest analogy is Craiglist that ships. And FromJapan is a middle man that handles both shipping and payment. If you dispute the charge FromJapan loses but the seller already got paid by FJ and probably will never refund FJ. (They do bank transfer) Lots of fakes on Yahoo Auctions also

But the interesting thing is, I seem to see a pattern of FromJapan offering 10% disount on Rakuten items when where is a Rakuten Global sale, maybe thats a better deal considering the discount is instant
woodville63
MoT Member

Post by woodville63 »

uaconcorde wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 pm Yahoo Japan is a whole other can of worms, for those of you who are not familiar i think the closest analogy is Craiglist that ships. And FromJapan is a middle man that handles both shipping and payment. If you dispute the charge FromJapan loses but the seller already got paid by FJ and probably will never refund FJ. (They do bank transfer) Lots of fakes on Yahoo Auctions also
I think that's a tad harsh. I reckon I have had 18 really good buys off Yahoo Japan - like Ebay, check the feedback. My problem with FJ is that they say pay a bit extra and get insurance from us that we will fight for you. Load of tosh!
uaconcorde wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 pm But the interesting thing is, I seem to see a pattern of FromJapan offering 10% disount on Rakuten items when where is a Rakuten Global sale, maybe thats a better deal considering the discount is instant
This has been regular occurrence for years, happens every 6-8 weeks. I don't think it has ever gone above 10%.
PopePants2
MoT Member

Post by PopePants2 »

The saga continues....
I picked up two of the watches I got on the 26% RGM deal, (no cashback as of yet), and paid $300+ for the dutys and taxes.....

One of the watches came "severely" not as described. When I contacted the merchant, they asked me to return the item.... Now, I'm already a couple hundred out for dutys, plus I'd imagine return shipping is on me.... Any one have any tips, advice? Could dutys collected by the Postal service be recouped? Any way to force them to pay service costs..... Thanks in advance?

Edit - and BTW, the seller is Rich-Time. Decent communication, but as I mentioned, not as described.....
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Well, this wait is getting ridiculous from Rakuten. I still haven't gotten any useful response on my purchase so I filed another missing cashback for it...
I am slowly losing my mind
Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm Well, this wait is getting ridiculous from Rakuten. I still haven't gotten any useful response on my purchase so I filed another missing cashback for it...
After their initial BS response telling them I was concerned I received another "we're working on it" email. To which I responded:

Now I'm very very concerned. How can this be this difficult? You are all a Rakuten company. There should be ample tracking throughout your system for these two orders. Not exactly sure what to do here. Is this something I should file a fraud claim through my Credit Card company about? I have the invoices, the confirmed clicks through eBates......Not sure what else is needed at this point. If Rakuten won't confirm Rakuten purchases so that Rakuten can issue the proper rebates, I don't know what else I can do.

At least I gave myself a chuckle.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

CVP33 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:41 pm
AndroidIsAwesome wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm Well, this wait is getting ridiculous from Rakuten. I still haven't gotten any useful response on my purchase so I filed another missing cashback for it...
After their initial BS response telling them I was concerned I received another "we're working on it" email. To which I responded:

Now I'm very very concerned. How can this be this difficult? You are all a Rakuten company. There should be ample tracking throughout your system for these two orders. Not exactly sure what to do here. Is this something I should file a fraud claim through my Credit Card company about? I have the invoices, the confirmed clicks through eBates......Not sure what else is needed at this point. If Rakuten won't confirm Rakuten purchases so that Rakuten can issue the proper rebates, I don't know what else I can do.

At least I gave myself a chuckle.
:lol: Pretty much sums up how I feel too!
AndroidIsAwesome
MoT Member

Post by AndroidIsAwesome »

Apparently the status of my cash back is still pending from the Rakuten Global marketplace. At least that's the latest info I just received from my original email I sent nearly 3 weeks ago

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Follow my new watch Instagram page @Loupehole