We're Moving!

Click for more info.

11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
rlachcik
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by rlachcik »

BostonCharlie wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:59 am
akaCastle wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:18 pm Well, it appears they refunded me for ALL the watches, even the two fulfilled by DiscountStore that were actually delivered. FREE TISSOTS!? Nice ones, at that. Hold on a sec, Im getting a call... oh right, "Hello Conscience". All the time I spent, and aggravation I went through has to be accounted for, right? If anyone can help to sell me on the idea of free watches please chime in.

What would Chidi do?
I think trying to bring it up with Jet CS would go against (what appears to be) their ultimate desire: to close this matter. I would also give the whole thing a little time to settle, esp. your CC statement.

One idea I've entertained, if this happened to me, is to give my free watch to MoT as a Watch Deal Forum one-year anniversary present. :-) As it is, I'm still out some hundreds of dollars atm.
If you are still out, consider calling your cc company and disputing. They will be far more reasonable than Jet.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: 11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by BostonCharlie »

rlachcik wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:38 pm...

If you are still out, consider calling your cc company and disputing. They will be far more reasonable than Jet.
Thanks -- good to know I won't end up holding the bag for Ergode's fake deliveries. I am willing to go another round with Jet -- I see Jet as a fellow victim (perhaps the ultimate victim) of Ergode's actions. Update: Jet says it refunded the fake deliveries -- will verify w/ CC statement.

This cracked me up -- google result #4 (#3 is also to this thread):
google_hit.png
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Still nothing (refund) in the bank account yet.
(after the refund email was received)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

The full refund for the two missing watches from my order has hit my credit card.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
tennesseean_87
MoT Member

Post by tennesseean_87 »

Mine hit this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

My credit card account is now showing I've been refunded.
whoagorgeous
MoT Member

Post by whoagorgeous »

Refund has hit my account.

It's FINALLY OVER.

.... Until the next deal.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

mrb12186
MoT Member

11/26 Jet.com orders - Seiko et al from Ergode, Dexclusive, Jomashop - TRD or TGTBT?

Post by mrb12186 »

My last watch was “delivered” yesterday so I’m on hold with them now trying to put in my refund request. Fingers crossed it’ll go a little quicker now that they’re familiar with the situation.

Edit: Spoke with Jessi as I know some others on here have too. She said she was familiar with the situation but it still required escalation for another group to look into it. A bit disappointed they couldn’t process it right away but at this point what’s another 1-2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

Last update on this topic from me, my money has been refunded. Hit my account this morning. Now I'm going to close the chapter on Jet.com.
jcombs1
MoT Member

Post by jcombs1 »

Refunds hit my account for all of the watches I ordered, even the Samurai that was delivered.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Follow-up post. Some time after the above episode, I had noticed some Ergode watches appear on Jet again at well below market value (e.g. a couple Casio Edifice Bluetooth models). Visiting today, I can't find any Ergode watch listings. Here's hoping they were kicked off of Jet.

However, they are commemorated in a small way by this $122.91 + tax Seiko SNZF15K being sold by Dexclusive. eBay: $149 (also by Dexclusive). 41mm x 13mm, 100m WR, 7S36 automatic per Jomashop here (OOS).

https://jet.com/product/Seiko-Mens-SNZF ... 398d3fdd2e

I wouldn't blame anybody for throwing tomatoes at this point. But for anybody who is really interested, do not buy if it says fulfilled by Ergode (or "trusted partner") during checkout. Below is an example of what you want to see before clicking the Place Order button (note the fulfilled by DEXCLUSIVE.COM):
jet.png
(The above says Color: black, but the description more accurately says the dial is dark blue -- must be hard to capture in photos.)

Stay safe out there.
Last edited by BostonCharlie on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

Ergode was kicked off of Jet but it took them a while to get rid of all the remaining listings. They were apparently unaware that some Ergode listings were still on the site weeks after our orders. I sent them an email a while back to ask what was up.

12/28 from me to Jet
Hello. My refund was received some time ago and so my problem has been resolved satisfactorily. However I do have one concern that may prevent me from doing business with Jet in the future. I notice that Ergode is still selling watches on your platform. Ergode is a known scammer. If you would like information about this I will gladly send you links. Have they changed their business practices for the better in this short time span? Have you found them are operating in good faith? I'm very curious to know what, if anything, is done to ensure that your customers are not taken advantage of by this seller and others like them. What is to keep this from all happening again? What is your normal protocol for dealing with sellers like Ergode? Any information about this would be appreciated. As I mentioned, my case is closed and was dealt with in an acceptable manner. The customer service agents were all very understanding, courteous, and helpful. But I'm unable to order from Jet again until such time as there is some reasonable vetting process and until known bad actors on your platform are held to account for their deceptive business practices. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

12/30 from Jet to me
Thank you for reaching out to Jet.com.

I definitely understand wanting to make sure that poor practices are addressed! We have removed Ergode as a seller on our site. Where are you seeing that something on the site currently would be coming from Ergode? With them being removed from our site, we want to make sure that anything showing they would fulfill an order is removed as well. I appreciate the time you took to write in!

Thanks again for contacting us. Please feel free to get in touch with us with any questions, concerns, or comments you may have in the future. We’re always happy to assist!

Have a great day!

1/2 from me to Jet - I sent links to 9 Ergode watches along with this email
Hi Ethan. Thanks for the reply and sorry I'm late getting back to you. Hopefully all my links will work. Below are nine watches that say they will be fulfilled by Ergode. There may be more items. This is just what I found with a quick search. One very big problem on the website is that the customer cannot see who the vendor is until the fine print at checkout. This is why I assumed I was buying from Jet in the first place. There is zero indication on the product page that you might be purchasing from anyone other than Jet.com. As I said before, I'm happy with how things were handled but it will be difficult to purchase from the site again until a few things change. Let me know any other questions you might have. Thanks.

1/2 from Jet to me
Thanks for sending this example over. I don't know the full process for this, but we are working to actively remove all these items from the site, and prevent any more from popping up.

I have send these examples over to the appropriate teams, and have included my supervisor in this communication.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
About 24 hours after this email, I checked the site again and none of the 9 listings were to be fulfilled by Ergode.

Overall I'm pleased with the experience and would feel fairly comfortable buying from Jet again. I think their vetting process (if there is one) needs to improve but as you might know, there are similar problems on Amazon. And of course ebay is the wild west but at least there is seller feedback and PayPal has your back. My only other complaint is that I would have liked if the refunds were quicker. Fortunately or unfortunately, I know exactly what it is like to work for a huge company and have a scenario in which you know exactly what is the right thing to do......and yet you're are not permitted to do it until it is approved by a higher-up and the approval process is extremely slow. And from multiple emails with customer service, that is my sense of things at Jet.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

yinzburgher wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:49 pm Ergode was kicked off of Jet but it took them a while to get rid of all the remaining listings. They were apparently unaware that some Ergode listings were still on the site weeks after our orders. I sent them an email a while back to ask what was up.

Wow -- thank you for your perseverance! By your example, I realize I shouldn't be so cynical (and that I should be more active). I also applaud Jet for their positive response to your prodding.
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

Haha. I saw this thread had been bumped and I thought “OMG what now?” Good to know Jet is cleaning up their site.
feltharg
MoT Member

Post by feltharg »

Btw jet is still sorting through the debris, every now and then, they send me a refund for one of my purchases which leads to my bank sending me a letter one-two weeks later saying they will retract my refund. So this is causing chaos on my account but so far it looks jet eventually refunded all my 1,1k purchases except one (for 132 usd), So most of my bank temporary credit refund went back.

Oh well, it was fun and I’m happy some of folks here actually got a watch!