We're Moving!

Click for more info.

WR Watches

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

WR Watches

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I purchased a Proxima from them.

I used the chat function to communicate with them. That was awkard because of the language barrier. I did try to use Google translate and I think that helped a little.

I asked for a customization. They said all I need to do is to put a note on my order. I did but when I received the tracking notice within 12 hours of placing the order I inquired again to check if the mod had been done.

Turns out they missed it. BUT they tracked down the package which had already left their office and had it returned. They did the modification and sent me a picture before shipping again.

About 10 days including 3 in customs I got my watch.

The Proxima build quality is great. This is one of their more expensive models so i was worried I was buying a dud. So far so good.

I would buy from WR Watches again but would have to be very diligent if I asked for any changes to the stock item.

-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
VCheng
MoT Member

Re: WR Watches

Post by VCheng »

valuewatchguy wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:31 am I purchased a Proxima from them.

I used the chat function to communicate with them. That was awkard because of the language barrier. I did try to use Google translate and I think that helped a little.

I asked for a customization. They said all I need to do is to put a note on my order. I did but when I received the tracking notice within 12 hours of placing the order I inquired again to check if the mod had been done.

Turns out they missed it. BUT they tracked down the package which had already left their office and had it returned. They did the modification and sent me a picture before shipping again.

About 10 days including 3 in customs I got my watch.

The Proxima build quality is great. This is one of their more expensive models so i was worried I was buying a dud. So far so good.

I would buy from WR Watches again but would have to be very diligent if I asked for any changes to the stock item.

I noticed that they have a higher price than other Chinese manufacturers on similar homage models. I wonder whether theirs are really of higher quality or more reliable. The watch looks very good in quality and the photo looks real awesome. Do you have any experience on other Chinese manufacturers making these homage models so you can compare and advise? Thanks.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

VCheng wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:11 pm

I noticed that they have a higher price than other Chinese manufacturers on similar homage models. I wonder whether theirs are really of higher quality or more reliable. The watch looks very good in quality and the photo looks real awesome. Do you have any experience on other Chinese manufacturers making these homage models so you can compare and advise? Thanks.

No unfortunately i have zero experience with any other chinese manufacturers of these seiko homages. I'm actually not an advocate of these copies. But like I said the Proxima Samurai case, MM300 Dial and Hands, Ceramic bezel, and bronze materials was different enough from the original I was able to get past my initial objections. I think homages are great. Too many of these models are flat out copies, and I hate that. Do something a bit original! I felt like Proxima succeeded on that in this watch. I fully understand that others may not see things the way I do.

The Proxima MM300 homages seems to be similar or lower price than other brands. But Proxima was the only one who made a Samurai homage, so i was stuck. I can only compare it to the Seiko Samurai I have. Based on that I can say that $ for $ the Proxima blows the Seiko away in value and build quality. I haven't looked under the hood and maybe this will blwo up on me in a few months but oln the surface this is a good watch. I can't compare to Sharkey and Markur or other brands.

But I'm gonn atake a chance and keep the proxima and sell the Seiko. It is stunning in person. Once the patina sets in, I think it will be one of the better looking watches I own. Honest!

My understanding is that Proxima and HIMQ are the same manufacturer. Proxima also has a killer 62MAS / Oris 65 mashup that is super tempting! Again a bit higher priced.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
VCheng
MoT Member

Post by VCheng »

valuewatchguy wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:36 am
VCheng wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:11 pm

No unfortunately i have zero experience with any other chinese manufacturers of these seiko homages. I'm actually not an advocate of these copies. But like I said the Proxima Samurai case, MM300 Dial and Hands, Ceramic bezel, and bronze materials was different enough from the original I was able to get past my initial objections. I think homages are great. Too many of these models are flat out copies, and I hate that. Do something a bit original! I felt like Proxima succeeded on that in this watch. I fully understand that others may not see things the way I do.

The Proxima MM300 homages seems to be similar or lower price than other brands. But Proxima was the only one who made a Samurai homage, so i was stuck. I can only compare it to the Seiko Samurai I have. Based on that I can say that $ for $ the Proxima blows the Seiko away in value and build quality. I haven't looked under the hood and maybe this will blwo up on me in a few months but oln the surface this is a good watch. I can't compare to Sharkey and Markur or other brands.

But I'm gonn atake a chance and keep the proxima and sell the Seiko. It is stunning in person. Once the patina sets in, I think it will be one of the better looking watches I own. Honest!

My understanding is that Proxima and HIMQ are the same manufacturer. Proxima also has a killer 62MAS / Oris 65 mashup that is super tempting! Again a bit higher priced.
I agree with your fair comments on the massive homage models. I share the same view so I never picked any so far. As you said, as long as they do something more original or combos that the original brands do not, it's more logical to get the homages.

To me, as long as they don't have the original logos or brand names on the watches, they are not counterfeits and I don't really object others to enjoy or try out the designs with low prices. Just I won't myself basically. The only temptation is the curiosity that I would like to see how high is the quality of these plenty discussed watch with such price.

Enjoy the watch and thanks.