As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Watchshopping.com

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Watchshopping.com

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

I received my purchase from Watchshopping.com

From placing the order to delivery was 1 week. Delivered by Fedex.

The overall box was packed well inside the Fedex carboard box. BUT my watch inside the watch display box was loose. it was free of the watch pillow and sitting loose in the cavity that the pillow shoul be sitting in. There was not visible superficial apparent damage. I will have to observe the watch oer a few days before wearing it to see if the movement is functioning alright and examine the case a little closer. It is unlikely that there is an issue but I need to be sure.

Watch came with full box/papers/ and dated warranty card as previously discussed prior to purchase. AD was located in UAE. Thankfully the international warranty is the same as USA warranty so no issues there.

I contacted WS and told them what happened. They apologized and said they would review the packing video. I will update if/when they provide additional feedback. I told them I would monitor the movement to be sure no damage ocurred. They asked me to let them know if there was any issues.

Hopefully no issues but it was a little upsetting at first. I will chalk this up as an outlier and not a practice.
-- Enjoy your time
IG: ikeepgoodtime
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Re: Watchshopping.com

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

There were some concerns I had over the functioning of my movement and I brought that up to them. They offered to have it serviced for me. Since I had not worn or adjusted the watch in any way since receiving it, I asked of they would do an exchange instead. They agreed and sent me a Shipping Label. It was sent back yesterday.

So far they have been very responsive to my questions and concerns. Hopefully the replacement watch is all good.

I'll up date as needed.
-- Enjoy your time
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

So they recieved the watch back and so far they say that tyhey can't recreate my issue. I have sent them explicit directions on what I was experiencing, so we will see what happens. My issue was when handwinding. They only tried while settign the time and date. Obviously they didnt pay attention to my initial complaint much.

Hoping for the best.
-- Enjoy your time
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

So I got an email this evening about my situation:

Apologies for the late reply…

I wanted to confirm that the following was checked again earlier this afternoon by our fulfillment team. The same process was checked as documented in the video that was sent:

* Crown unscrewed and was checked for winding irregularities/problems with the power reserve.
* Crown was pulled out to the first position to check for quick set date defects
* Crown was pulled out to the second position to check for time setting issues.

It was again confirmed that there were no problems with the crown or winding mechanism on the Pelagos LHD.

Regardless, we will send out another new XXXXXXXXX by Wed 4/29 for your peace of mind. We will do the same quality control check as mentioned above to make sure there are no issues with the new watch being sent.

However, please understand that the sales will be final, and we will not be able to send any additional replacements.

Hope that helps, and thank you for choosing Watchshopping!

So I guess this is as good as I can expect. I'm not sure how to take the all sales final comment but until I have reason to believe otherwise, I will accept that WS has tried to do what they could to make a customer happy. I do find it hard to believe that they could not recreate the issue. I have owned hundreds of auto watches over the past decade and I have never come across this before. Regardless I am happy to get a replacement this week. Hopefully that is the last of my posts.

I will upadte when I get the replacement and confirm its all good!
-- Enjoy your time
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Which watch did you get that had the issues?
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

TheJohnP wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:16 pm Which watch did you get that had the issues?
Tudor Pelagos LHD
-- Enjoy your time
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

Just got my shipping confirmation for the replacement watch.
-- Enjoy your time
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Hope this one is flawless, interesting pick from you.

I have received a few watches in the packaging condition you described, wrote it off as something that will occasionally happen during shipping. Some packages get thrown about quite bit, fortunately haven't found any issues with these watches.

If you don't mind saying, now or when this is completely resolved, what exactly was this rare issue?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

PetWatch wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:25 pm Hope this one is flawless, interesting pick from you.

I have received a few watches in the packaging condition you described, wrote it off as something that will occasionally happen during shipping. Some packages get thrown about quite bit, fortunately haven't found any issues with these watches.

If you don't mind saying, now or when this is completely resolved, what exactly was this rare issue?

Not 100% sure it is an issue. But after talking to a dozen Pelagos owners (inhouse movement) and scouring boards.....it seemed that it was rare issue, not sure if it was a problem/defect. Unfortunately walking into my local AD to ask questions is not possible at this time.

The issue is that when hand winding the watch there were some noticible but subtle clicks felt through the winding mechanism. Approx 10 clicks per 1 full rotation of the crown. The closest thing I can compare it to was the clutch engaging to prevent overwinding. The problem was that it did this even from a dead stop condition. Other Pelagos owners had this too I'm going to be generous and say it might be 10% of watches. But no one was seeing problems from it. So maybe this was a defect but not one to worry about? Maybe it was a tickign time bomb. I just didn't know and no one else I talked to seemed to know either. I sent it back to WS and was hoping they could confirm if this was normal or not. But WS couldn't recreate the issue, so that didn't help me. It didn't feel right and since it wasnt a common issue, I stand by the idea that it was a defect.....and also that I might be over reacting to some degree.

Interesting pick? Why do you say that? I've gone through so many watches that I couldn't imagine anything being a surprise anymore.
-- Enjoy your time
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

valuewatchguy wrote:
PetWatch wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:25 pm Hope this one is flawless, interesting pick from you.

Not 100% sure it is an issue. But after talking to a dozen Pelagos owners (inhouse movement) and scouring boards.....it seemed that it was rare issue, not sure if it was a problem/defect. Unfortunately walking into my local AD to ask questions is not possible at this time.

The issue is that when hand winding the watch there were some noticible but subtle clicks felt through the winding mechanism. Approx 10 clicks per 1 full rotation of the crown. The closest thing I can compare it to was the clutch engaging to prevent overwinding. The problem was that it did this even from a dead stop condition. Other Pelagos owners had this too I'm going to be generous and say it might be 10% of watches. But no one was seeing problems from it. So maybe this was a defect but not one to worry about? Maybe it was a tickign time bomb. I just didn't know and no one else I talked to seemed to know either. I sent it back to WS and was hoping they could confirm if this was normal or not. But WS couldn't recreate the issue, so that didn't help me. It didn't feel right and since it wasnt a common issue, I stand by the idea that it was a defect.....and also that I might be over reacting to some degree.

Interesting pick? Why do you say that? I've gone through so many watches that I couldn't imagine anything being a surprise anymore.
You did the right thing sending it back, certainly sounds abnormal. It's not unheard of for new Tudors to have an issue, probably any brand. I remember the date wheel issue a while back. Lingering doubt about potential issues detract from a new purchase enjoyment, no need to put up with that.

Interesting because I don't recall you showing any interest in a Pelagos or much interest in Tudor, may have missed it. But as you said you certainly go through the whole gamut. Anyway, nice watch. Enjoy!.. for however long you keep it. Lol

IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

PetWatch wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:49 am
valuewatchguy wrote:

You did the right thing sending it back, certainly sounds abnormal. It's not unheard of for new Tudors to have an issue, probably any brand. I remember the date wheel issue a while back. Lingering doubt about potential issues detract from a new purchase enjoyment, no need to put up with that.

Interesting because I don't recall you showing any interest in a Pelagos or much interest in Tudor, may have missed it. But as you said you certainly go through the whole gamut. Anyway, nice watch. Enjoy!.. for however long you keep it. Lol

The LHD, Ranger, and BB58 have been a crush of mine for a while. I never chased one though. Except the old Black Bay black ETA that kept going up in price, so i gave up on it.
-- Enjoy your time
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

Okay MOT Fam its time to end the story. My replacement watch came in. The watch was packed like Fort Knox and none of the packing issues from the first shipment were present. The watch itself was very obviously a new watch where the other one felt like it was probably a display model based on conditions. The movement functions as expected without any issues that I can see right now.

Conclusion: I would happily recommend Watch Shopping as a retailer to anyone else that was considering them.

-- Enjoy your time
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

Thanks for the updates. Glad it all worked out [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
MoT
Site Admin

Post by MoT »

valuewatchguy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:39 pm Okay MOT Fam its time to end the story. My replacement watch came in. The watch was packed like Fort Knox and none of the packing issues from the first shipment were present. The watch itself was very obviously a new watch where the other one felt like it was probably a display model based on conditions. The movement functions as expected without any issues that I can see right now.

Conclusion: I would happily recommend Watch Shopping as a retailer to anyone else that was considering them.

That's a goooood looking watch.
Cousin Eddie wrote: It's a good quality item. If you don't mind my askin', how much did she set you back?
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
IKEEPGOODTIME
MoT Member

Post by IKEEPGOODTIME »

ManOnTime wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:34 pm
valuewatchguy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:39 pm Okay MOT Fam its time to end the story. My replacement watch came in. The watch was packed like Fort Knox and none of the packing issues from the first shipment were present. The watch itself was very obviously a new watch where the other one felt like it was probably a display model based on conditions. The movement functions as expected without any issues that I can see right now.

That's a goooood looking watch.
Cousin Eddie wrote: It's a good quality item. If you don't mind my askin', how much did she set you back?

Thanks Matt! I'm excited to get it. I've been on a consolidation cylce for the last couple of years and I think this is the last of any major moves I am doing to my collection, so it feels very celebratrory that I have it now.

Not sure who cousin Eddie is but it was right around 3.3 which i found was less than grey market but more than pre-owned. This one comes with an AD stamped warranty card and for me the big benefit is that in 2020 Tudor moved to offering 5 yr warranties on all their models. This warranty card is dated 1/2020 so it qualifies for the 5 yr warranty.

Thanks again.
-- Enjoy your time