We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Festivus: Airing of Grievances

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Festivus: Airing of Grievances

Post by BillionaireDoors »

Feel free to use this thread for any general vendor complaints.

I'll start:

This is how the box from Invicta Stores came off the FedEx truck. The delivery man said that if I wasn't home, he was going to take it back because he couldn't leave it like that. One corner of the box failed and the tape failed in multiple places. Many people like the wet, reinforced tape but I have received countless boxes with broken tape.
Screenshot_20200424-182815.png
audio.bill
MoT Member

Re: Festivus: Airing of Grievances

Post by audio.bill »

Saw the 20% off deal at ShopHQ, so I setup an account to check it out. Unfortunately their site won't allow me to login to access my cart, even tried it with both Chrome and FF and it just hangs... Feels like they have the same IT team as CW! :?
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

BillionaireDoors wrote:Feel free to use this thread for any general vendor complaints.

I'll start:

This is how the box from Invicta Stores came off the FedEx truck. The delivery man said that if I wasn't home, he was going to take it back because he couldn't leave it like that. One corner of the box failed and the tape failed in multiple places. Many people like the wet, reinforced tape but I have received countless boxes with broken tape.
That’s a complete mess, did the Segway you ordered work? Was the packaging inside that box a mess too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 pm Feel free to use this thread for any general vendor complaints.

I'll start:

Does that scooter have an odometer? Someone may have taken it for joy ride.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

JMD1082 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:24 pm
BillionaireDoors wrote:Feel free to use this thread for any general vendor complaints.

I'll start:

That’s a complete mess, did the Segway you ordered work? Was the packaging inside that box a mess too?

The scooter boxes didn't look that bad. They just shouldn't have shipped more than one in a box or used a heavier box.

The other small items that arrived from Invicta were shipped well enough.
JMD1082
MoT Member

Post by JMD1082 »

On a positive note my Glycine is on its way and is currently in South Carolina and should make it to Jersey by Sunday. If it comes if good shape I would say a brand new combat sub for $255 with tax ain’t too bad.

nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Today is 1 month since my Meranom order stuck in ' released from customs' status. Ordered in early March. Anyone got their Meranom stuff ordered in March?
Elkins45
MoT Member

Post by Elkins45 »

I am unhappy with Momentum and their warranty support.

I bought this lefty with alarm from a J Peterman sale last year.
Momentum2 - 1.jpg
I have worn it maybe 8-10 times since then. I went to put it on a couple of weeks ago and noticed the alarm pusher had fallen off.
Momentum - 1.jpg
Oh well, I thought, time to use the warranty. Off to the Momentum website I go where I am directed to fill out an online form, add my credit card information and then ship off the watch to International Watch Service Center in Utah. So now I'm invested for $15, plus the $8 it costs to send it boxed (as they instructed me to do) to ship it out to them.

A couple of days pass and I get an email requesting payment of $40 to replace the pusher and $18 for battery, seal, testing, etc. This would have brought the total cost of repair up to (58+23) $81 for a watch I only paid $87 for to begin with. Naturally I wasn't pleased by this because the watch was under warranty. I tried unsuccessfully to inquire about this thru email and their online portal, meanwhile the system kept sending me reminders that I needed to pay up. After a week I called and waited 20 minutes to speak to someone working from home who couldn't help me. Finally later that day I received a callback from someone.

He informed me I was being charged because the Momentum warranty doesn't cover the pushers. What? Are you kidding me? I told him to just box it up and send it back. What a crappy warranty! So now I'm out $23 but have learned I don't plan to buy a new Momentum again. Might as well just save the money and buy used since the warranty is worth so little.

Fortunately the alarm is is off so at least it doesn't bug me every 12 hours. I think I'm probably just going to squirt the hole full of silicone caulk or JB Weld so at least the water will stay out.
nicegator
MoT Member

Post by nicegator »

Elkins45 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:05 am I am unhappy with Momentum and their warranty support.

Momentum2 - 1.jpg

I have worn it maybe 8-10 times since then. I went to put it on a couple of weeks ago and noticed the alarm pusher had fallen off.

Momentum - 1.jpg

Oh well, I thought, time to use the warranty. Off to the Momentum website I go where I am directed to fill out an online form, add my credit card information and then ship off the watch to International Watch Service Center in Utah. So now I'm invested for $15, plus the $8 it costs to send it boxed (as they instructed me to do) to ship it out to them.

A couple of days pass and I get an email requesting payment of $40 to replace the pusher and $18 for battery, seal, testing, etc. This would have brought the total cost of repair up to (58+23) $81 for a watch I only paid $87 for to begin with. Naturally I wasn't pleased by this because the watch was under warranty. I tried unsuccessfully to inquire about this thru email and their online portal, meanwhile the system kept sending me reminders that I needed to pay up. After a week I called and waited 20 minutes to speak to someone working from home who couldn't help me. Finally later that day I received a callback from someone.

He informed me I was being charged because the Momentum warranty doesn't cover the pushers. What? Are you kidding me? I told him to just box it up and send it back. What a crappy warranty! So now I'm out $23 but have learned I don't plan to buy a new Momentum again. Might as well just save the money and buy used since the warranty is worth so little.

Fortunately the alarm is is off so at least it doesn't bug me every 12 hours. I think I'm probably just going to squirt the hole full of silicone caulk or JB Weld so at least the water will stay out.
Wow! So far you 'win'.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Elkins45 wrote:I am unhappy with Momentum and their warranty support.

Momentum2 - 1.jpg
Momentum - 1.jpg

I would send them a copy of their warranty and ask him for specific reference to "pushers are not covered" and wait for the next storyline, or as nicegator said call it a win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Elkins45 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:05 am I am unhappy with Momentum and their warranty support.

Uh...that is complete ****. The Momentum warranty terms are below, and unless they consider the defective pusher to be the result of normal wear and tear or can prove that there are signs of “abuse”, then the pushers are indeed covered. I would insist on a replacement or service under warranty. If they will not, then post a comment about it on their instagram and see how quickly they give.

CE523A4A-2717-40DE-A61D-E2820C587998.png
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

My MeisterSinger from CW was shipped by FedEx from Germany. It was due Monday, but now it's held up in US Customs. I expect to receive a bill from FedEx for import duties.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:57 am My MeisterSinger from CW was shipped by FedEx from Germany. It was due Monday, but now it's held up in US Customs. I expect to receive a bill from FedEx for import duties.
That's to be expected on any watch with a declared value of $800 or more.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

audio.bill wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:33 am
BillionaireDoors wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:57 am My MeisterSinger from CW was shipped by FedEx from Germany. It was due Monday, but now it's held up in US Customs. I expect to receive a bill from FedEx for import duties.
That's to be expected on any watch with a declared value of $800 or more.
With FedEx, yes. With any other carrier, no.
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

Invicta stores order disappeared into a black hole for a month, RG order canceled due to EMS shipping suspension in Japan, Macys order coming up on a week without shipping notice.

This is getting serious. What's a WIS to do when he can't buy/get any watches?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk