We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Festivus: Airing of Grievances

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Re: Festivus: Airing of Grievances

Post by audio.bill »

Got a nice clearance price on this Hamilton Jazzmaster GMT from Nordstrom Rack which was ordered on 4/17, and it was stated up front that shipment would be in 5 to 8 days due to their current staffing. I then received two apologetic emails for the additional delays, and today finally received a tracking number so at least they've printed the label. Just hoping that it arrives brand new with full factory plastic on case and bracelet since I've heard of some others receiving what were clearly display models from NR. If that happens it will be returned for a full refund, but if new it will be worth the wait since it's a great watch. 8-)

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I have no need for an automatic GMT, but that one was tempting me during that sale.
Fingers crossed for you [mention]audio.bill[/mention]
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

TheJohnP wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:33 pm I have no need for an automatic GMT, but that one was tempting me during that sale.
Fingers crossed for you @audio.bill
Thanks [mention]TheJohnP[/mention]! I don't have any need for a GMT or another watch either... but I can't let that stop me now, I'm in too deep! :oops:
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

Post by BillionaireDoors »

This was taken in a light box. Does it look blue to anyone? I didn't take it out of the vacuum sealed bag yet.
IMG_20200430_155637.jpg
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:38 pm This was taken in a light box. Does it look blue to anyone? I didn't take it out of the vacuum sealed bag yet.

IMG_20200430_155637.jpg

I think the technical name is "Needs Direct Source Of Light Blue"
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
PetWatch
MoT Member

Post by PetWatch »

BillionaireDoors wrote:This was taken in a light box. Does it look blue to anyone? I didn't take it out of the vacuum sealed bag yet.
IMG_20200430_155637.jpg
May be one of those metallic dials with only partial blue reflection at certain angles in direct, preferably strong light. Does it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

audio.bill wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:00 pm Got a nice clearance price on this Hamilton Jazzmaster GMT from Nordstrom Rack which was ordered on 4/17, and it was stated up front that shipment would be in 5 to 8 days due to their current staffing. I then received two apologetic emails for the additional delays, and today finally received a tracking number so at least they've printed the label. Just hoping that it arrives brand new with full factory plastic on case and bracelet since I've heard of some others receiving what were clearly display models from NR. If that happens it will be returned for a full refund, but if new it will be worth the wait since it's a great watch. 8-)

Never again… Nordstrom Rack stinks! As I feared based on other's shared experiences not only did the Hamilton show up without the outer box and manual, but it’s clearly a display model with no protective plastic on case or bracelet and some visible scuffs. To return it I can wait (who knows how long) until their stores reopen and return it there. I’d rather get things moving, so would prefer to ship it back but their online system says I’d have to pay $5.95 for return shipping. Their customer service phone is so busy you can’t even get through, so I initiated a chat session but it’s going to be a while since I started at over 325 in the queue… I know I'll end up getting a full refund but it's just not worth the hassle and time! They list the watches as new but then have no problem shipping out their store display models. :roll:
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:38 pm This was taken in a light box. Does it look blue to anyone? I didn't take it out of the vacuum sealed bag yet.

IMG_20200430_155637.jpg

So... what did you decide about this MS? I agree it looks very dark and more black than blue but maybe under stronger lighting. Just curious whether you decided to keep it or not.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

audio.bill wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:02 pm

IMG_20200430_155637.jpg

So... what did you decide about this MS? I agree it looks very dark and more black than blue but maybe under stronger lighting. Just curious whether you decided to keep it or not.
Not sure yet. I put my other bronze watch up for sale. If it sells soon, I might wear the Meistersigner a while.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

Just received return authorization from Nordstrom Rack without any fees... I'm off to the PO (with my mask!) to ship it back and will get a full refund.
BillionaireDoors
MoT Member

audio.bill wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:42 pm
audio.bill wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:00 pm Got a nice clearance price on this Hamilton Jazzmaster GMT from Nordstrom Rack which was ordered on 4/17, and it was stated up front that shipment would be in 5 to 8 days due to their current staffing. I then received two apologetic emails for the additional delays, and today finally received a tracking number so at least they've printed the label. Just hoping that it arrives brand new with full factory plastic on case and bracelet since I've heard of some others receiving what were clearly display models from NR. If that happens it will be returned for a full refund, but if new it will be worth the wait since it's a great watch. 8-)

Never again… Nordstrom Rack stinks! As I feared based on other's shared experiences not only did the Hamilton show up without the outer box and manual, but it’s clearly a display model with no protective plastic on case or bracelet and some visible scuffs. To return it I can wait (who knows how long) until their stores reopen and return it there. I’d rather get things moving, so would prefer to ship it back but their online system says I’d have to pay $5.95 for return shipping. Their customer service phone is so busy you can’t even get through, so I initiated a chat session but it’s going to be a while since I started at over 325 in the queue… I know I'll end up getting a full refund but it's just not worth the hassle and time! They list the watches as new but then have no problem shipping out their store display models. :roll:
The few watches I have received from Nordstrom Rack were all brand new and sealed. Macy's has shipped me some display models though.
audio.bill
MoT Member

Post by audio.bill »

BillionaireDoors wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:46 pm The few watches I have received from Nordstrom Rack were all brand new and sealed. Macy's has shipped me some display models though.
I also received a store display from Macy's about a year ago on a Hamilton Jazzmaster chronograph, but back then I was able to simply return it to my local Macy's for a prompt refund.
Split-Time
MoT Member

Post by Split-Time »

RIP Jerry Stiller :(

BruceR
MoT Member

Post by BruceR »

nicegator wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:38 am Today is 1 month since my Meranom order stuck in ' released from customs' status. Ordered in early March. Anyone got their Meranom stuff ordered in March?
Still no progress on my order from Meranom placed on March 15. I realize there's a global pandemic so I am not complaining but rather am abandoning hope.
Meranom.PNG
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

BruceR wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:34 pm
nicegator wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:38 am Today is 1 month since my Meranom order stuck in ' released from customs' status. Ordered in early March. Anyone got their Meranom stuff ordered in March?
Still no progress on my order from Meranom placed on March 15. I realize there's a global pandemic so I am not complaining but rather am abandoning hope.

Meranom.PNG
You're in a safe space to air your grievance! Have they responded to inquiries? If I recall accurately, packages from Meranom normally take about 1 month to the States.