As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Jura Watches

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Jura Watches

Post by watchpalooza »

Made my first order from Jura Watches for a Certina DS1. The website offered next day domestic shipping, so I expected they were actually in stock. Since I am in Germany I selected international shipping. After a few days I had not received tracking details or a shipping notification, so i sent an email and received the following within a few hours. Sad to have to wait, but happy to not get a watch that has been sitting in inventory. Responsiveness is good so far...will see how it goes.

JAN 15, 2019 | 04:46PM GMT
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your email, it is great to hear from you.

We are ordering your watch directly from the brand. You will be getting a factory fresh piece hand assembled especially for yourself!

I will request our ordering team to contact the brand for an accurate ETA as soon as they have a response from the brand I will ensure they let you know.

Kindest Regards

Rachel
Jura Watches
King Street | Ashbourne | DE6 1EA
Tel:01335453453 (+44)
www.jurawatches.co.uk
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Jura Watches

Post by watchpalooza »

Received a followup email on the 16th...looks like a wait of roughly 4 weeks.

JAN 16, 2019 |
Good Afternoon,

I hope that this email finds you well.

I have been in contact with the brand regarding the order of your Certina timepiece.

I have been informed that we are looking at an estimated delivery timescale of 4 weeks for your order to arrive with us.

You will be receiving a brand new factory fresh piece directly from Certina

Just to confirm, we only relay the ETA’s that are provided directly by the brand but please know we’re working extremely hard to get your order to you as soon as possible.
Once your order has arrived with us it will be dispatched by Royal Mail and you will receive an email providing you with all of the details to track the progress of your order.

Kindest Regards,
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Finally got the shipping notice yesterday, much sooner than 4 weeks. There communication has been very good, I guess all the sites sell betond what they have in stick. Wish it weren't so, but in the end its a minor inconvenience.
Click Icon To Contact Me

watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

The watch arrived today, and is perfect. Unfortunately it included a note stating that the “free gift” was unavailable and would be shipped separately when they re-stock. Its not the worst thing, but on a conceptual level I cannot stand when people and companies fail to follow through on their commitments. In this case, first by selling something they did not have (the watch) and second by offering a free gift that they did not have. It feels like Jura Watches is just a marketing company and does not maintain any real stock. Disappointed, but at least the watch is amazing.

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aV08a.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVcBg.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVxHG.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVkyy.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVwD6.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVGeq.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVlN0.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVgyF.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVFHr.jpg[/img]
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

I really like that caseback.
Glad to hear at least the watch made it to you.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
yinzburgher
MoT Member

Post by yinzburgher »

FTE wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:45 am The watch arrived today, and is perfect. Unfortunately it included a note stating that the “free gift” was unavailable and would be shipped separately when they re-stock. Its not the worst thing, but on a conceptual level I cannot stand when people and companies fail to follow through on their commitments. In this case, first by selling something they did not have (the watch) and second by offering a free gift that they did not have. It feels like Jura Watches is just a marketing company and does not maintain any real stock. Disappointed, but at least the watch is amazing.

[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVkyy.jpg[/img]
[img]https://picr.me/i/2019/02/06/aVwD6.jpg[/img]
Looks great! Hope you're enjoying it. I'm still not sure why this watch isn't more widely available, particularly in the U.S.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

yinzburgher wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:50 pm Looks great! Hope you're enjoying it. I'm still not sure why this watch isn't more widely available, particularly in the U.S.
It is really stunning...so happy I bought it. From what I understand there is no good reason why it is not sold in the U.S, other than some cryptic statement that after the quartz crisis Certina stopped selling stateside and the practice continued after Swatch Group acquired. Weird though, I do see other Certina models on Ashford and other sites selling in the U.S, just not this one.
Click Icon To Contact Me

TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Could be hearsay, but my understanding is that Certina and Tissot hold roughly the same pricing tier. So since Tissot was more known in US, Swatch hasn't pushed Certina so as not to cannibalize Tissot sales.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

TheJohnP wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:59 pm Could be hearsay, but my understanding is that Certina and Tissot hold roughly the same pricing tier. So since Tissot was more known in US, Swatch hasn't pushed Certina so as not to cannibalize Tissot sales.
That would make sense, though I personally think the DS series could compete well in the U.S. diver market without affecting sales of Tissot.
Click Icon To Contact Me

Robotaz
MoT Member

Jura Watches

Post by Robotaz »

Really cool. The bezel edge draws my eye from almost every angle. Looks kinda dressy, but with the bezel edge that’s beautiful yet means business.

I can’t see much of the crystal, but the profile looks great. Appears to be a box crystal with very rounded edges. Unique on an affordable Swiss made diver.

That kit is impressive.

I looked at Jura’s website and was shocked by the number of Certina models. That brand is serious business. It takes a lot of work just to design that many watches. I think the dressy/toolish chronograph lines are really nice.

Regarding the free gift, you’ll get it. Chillax and focus on that sweet watch. You have another surprise coming so relish the moment.

@robotazky
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Post by watchpalooza »

Robotaz wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:39 pm Really cool. The bezel edge draws my eye from almost every angle. Looks kinda dressy, but with the bezel edge that’s beautiful yet means business.

I can’t see much of the crystal, but the profile looks great. Appears to be a box crystal with very rounded edges. Unique on an affordable Swiss made diver.

That kit is impressive.

I looked at Jura’s website and was shocked by the number of Certina models. That brand is serious business. It takes a lot of work just to design that many watches. I think the dressy/toolish chronograph lines are really nice.

Regarding the free gift, you’ll get it. Chillax and focus on that sweet watch. You have another surprise coming so relish the moment.

@robotazky
Thanks, I am really enjoying this one. Certina is pretty big at AD’s here in Europe, though I have never seen one on a wrist. Typically I see Rolex, Seiko, A. Lange & Söhne, Junghans and Casios. The crystal is Hesalite box glass with anti-reflective coating on one side and a scratch-resistant NEX Scratchguard coating on the other...it really imparts a subtle warm real vintage feel.

Not too concerned about the gift, but after living in Germany for 5 years I can see firsthand the impact of being complacent about customer service. I am a spoiled American consumer, so my expectations are a bit higher(!).
Click Icon To Contact Me

baldrick
MoT Member

Post by baldrick »

I had a similar experience with Jura and their free gifts. I plumped for the watch repair kit. It didn't come with the watch as it was supposed to, but was sent later (after I followed up).

The irony was, the watch sailed through customs with no charges but I got slapped with duties on the free gift because they put a value on it for shipping.

Win some, lose some! [emoji23]

Still, I'd use them again (and am discussing a particular watch with them at the moment). They are usually pretty good on price matching and, even if they don't match to a particular site or jurisdiction, I've found that they are willing to make offers / discounts on their prices to get the sale.

Oh, and for those outside the EU, they remove 20% VAT (some other sellers don't [emoji2959]).

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk