As you may have noticed, we we're offline this morning. This was caused by the "Thanks" plug-in going rogue and using up way too many server resources. This triggered an automatic suspension by our hosting provider as they thought it was a malicious attack. The "Thanks" plug-in has been disabled, hopefully temporarily so I can determine if that was indeed the cause, and take steps to prevent it from happening in the future.

I apologize for the disruption and for any confusion that may have caused.

Barton straps

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
Boourns
MoT Member

Barton straps

Post by Boourns »

I want to give a quick shout out to Barton here. I have ordered quite a few straps from them, even though you can probably get similar straps for a little less, especially if you go the Ali Express route. The primary reason is they are local-ish for me, and they have always offered great customer service, even when I screwed up and ordered the wrong thing.

Well, earlier this week I got a BOGO coupon from them. I ordered a 22mm canvas for my Airboss and a 20mm canvas for my Vaer. They were shipped quick, but when I opened the package, there are two 22mm straps inside. I thought for a moment I messed up, but after checking the order, I did in fact order one 20mm and one 22mm.

I emailed them yesterday afternoon and within about 2 hours, I got a "shipment confirmation" email from Barton. A minute later I get a response from their customer service rep. She apologized profusely for the mix up, said that the right size strap was on the way, and said I could keep the incorrect 22mm strap. I thought they'd email me shipping label to send the wrong strap back, especially given the fact that I already got one of the straps for free, so this is above and beyond what I expected. It's always nice to be impressed by customer service. I will for sure be buying from them again.
I wish that watch were 38mm?
NapoleonDynamite
MoT Member

Re: Barton straps

Post by NapoleonDynamite »

I agree, their straps are great. Mind you I can only talk on behalf of their Elite Silicone straps. But shipping is dirt cheap to Australia and its not slow. All priced well and fair.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Dius
MoT Member

Post by Dius »

Canvas straps are legit as well.
Boourns
MoT Member

Post by Boourns »

Agree with the above. My go-to from Barton are their elite silicone and canvas. The normal leather are pretty good, if a bit thin, so if you can get them on sale they are worth it. I also have one sailcloth strap of theirs. It seems good quality though it comes out of the box *very* stiff. Haven’t had it long enough to give a long term review.
I wish that watch were 38mm?