We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Anyone have experience with Rune Refinery?

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
kl884347
MoT Member

Anyone have experience with Rune Refinery?

Post by kl884347 »

It's just a kind of a fashion watch I know, but I like the lume. At any rate, they sent me a coupon code saying it's good for onlly three days but I couldn't get it to work. I contacted them through their web site email and even replied to an email that said if I had any questions just hit "reply" and they'd get back to me. It's been two business days so not THAT long I know. Just hoping for a faster response I guess.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Re: Anyone have experience with Rune Refinery?

Post by watchpalooza »

No personal experience with them, but I see they launched the quartz watch on Kickstarter in 2020 at about the same discounted price. The owner Tyler appears to have had some fulfillment and responsiveness issues and suffered quite a few scathing comments, as recent as 28 days ago (the comments here). This seems like a failed business venture with a selloff, something you might consider if you value warranty or longevity of the maker.

Overall the watch looks unique - and they did create custom parts for it (like the resin glowing ring). The comments from those who received one appear mostly positive. I would suggest to confirm the watch is in stock before purchasing to avoid suffering supply chain delays...not sure if he stocks inventory or is building minimum order numbers for a production order sometime in the future.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
kl884347
MoT Member

Re: Anyone have experience with Rune Refinery?

Post by kl884347 »

Just as an update, they never got back to me. If they are not interested in my business so be it. I'm just glad I found out now rather than after paying for a watch.