We're Moving!

Click for more info.

WatchGecko

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

WatchGecko

Post by BostonCharlie »

I ordered a strap on (for them) Saturday, 2/2. Shippined 2/4. Arrived safely in Texas 2/13. Good communication: I received three emails total, although there's no package tracking. Strap was nicely packaged and included three spring bars and a branded cleaning cloth.

The strap looks as good as I expected from their photos. The brushed surface of the stainless "Zuludiver" buckle has some irregularities I can see as the light plays on it -- too bad. The strap keeper has a small blemish in the leather. I'll drop a line to their CS to see what they can do for me. With discount and shipping it was a relatively modest $21, but for me that was a real upgrade from $8 "Fossil" class so I do expect more.

Update: The passage for the spring bar is too small for their own spring bar on one of the strap pieces. I'm not sure I could even force it considering how the bar is tight fitting in the other piece even though its passage is visibly larger.

Update 2: Here are some photos. Sorry about the low light -- I'm getting better, really. If I'm being too picky let me know. I sent an email to their support address two days ago on 2/13 but haven't heard back yet :-/

keeper_blemish.jpg
uneven_buckle_finishing.jpg
small_spring_bar_hole.jpg
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Re: WatchGecko

Post by BostonCharlie »

Received a reply from WatchGecko today:
Thank you for contacting us, apologies for the delayed response.
If you'd like to return the strap to us at the below address along with your name and order number we can arrange to send you out a replacement.

Items must be returned in original condition and there are no refunds for items that have been used.
Should you require any additional assistance please let me know and thank you for taking the time to write to us, have a great day.
Maybe I'm spoiled, but I'm not impressed. I have little confidence I'll receive anything better -- they showed no surprise at my complaints (I sent them the photos above).

Separately, my son pointed out to me that the holes along the canvas aren't reinforced. Looks like it wouldn't age well -- hadn't thought of that before.

So, back it goes on my dime. They can keep it.
flypanam
MoT Member

Post by flypanam »

That's a shame. I'm a pretty big fan of Watch Gecko and I've never received anything like that from them. I had several leather straps which are of quite good quality, though their line ranges from true budget to near-luxury, so results will definitely vary. The $40 horween straps are definitely on a different level than the $10 cheapo leather straps. The metal bracelets I've bought from them have all been of great quality. Never had issues with the finishing of the metal parts / clasps. That's just bizarre.

I'm sorry you had such a negative experience!
Scruffy believes in this forum
mplsabdullah
MoT Member

Post by mplsabdullah »

I received a couple mesh bracelets from them not too long ago. The end links where WAY too thick to fit on any watch I have. Sent them pics and they told me to return to an address in the U.S. which way way more convenient and less expensive then sending to them directly. I had to pay return shipping though.

They where good quality otherwise. Another mesh bracelet I ordered years ago from them had more normally thick endlinks.

In this pic you can see it hitting the case and the spring bars are not in on both sides.

[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201902 ... 76c07e.jpg[/IMG]

Years ago I ordered a leather strap from them that was great. I ordered 2 more of the exact same style but different colors and they are a bit thicker and not as comfortable as the first.

I've also owned their first pilot style watch. I thought it was decent for the money charged.

Overall I think they are a good company with some good products at reasonable prices.

%99 of people do not notice or care whats on your wrist. All that matters is that YOU like what you see.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

Thinking about it I realized the email I received (on a Sunday no less) was probably a hasty formula response by somebody just trying to clear their inbox.

I'll press them a little more -- why would they want a defective product back? At the very least I can hopefully get a US return address -- thanks for that information. Also glad to hear that my experience is the exception. Good tip about the price points.
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

I promptly received a new email that basically reiterated their first reply, but this one included a US return address. Thank you for this tip, mplsabdullah!

I would post the address here but it's probably just a forwarding service and the address could change.

Knowing I can return items to a US address makes me feel better about buying from them in the future.
TheJohnP
Global Moderator

Post by TheJohnP »

Didn't feel like starting a new thread since there was already one for WatchGecko.

New updates to US shipping from WatchGecko.

Following feedback from our customers we have recently made some improvements to the way we ship items to the USA. This is due to an increasing number of delays and lost items reported to us by customers in the USA when we have shipped using standard airmail.

Here's what you asked for:
- Fast delivery
- Reliable delivery
- A fully tracked service
- Free delivery options

Here's what you get:
We have listened to your feedback and after evaluating various options we have partnered with DHL Express to provide a fully tracked and very fast delivery service, normally within 1-2 working days for all orders.

With this service you can take advantage of some fantastic benefits as we have included their Delivery On Demand service where you can choose one of the six different delivery options while your shipment is en-route.

- Choose Your Delivery Date
- Authorize a Signature Release
- Leave with a Neighbor, Leasing Office or Security Guard
- Collect from DHL ServicePoint or Locker
- Delivery to an Alternate Address
- Put Your Deliveries on a Vacation Hold

SHIPPING COSTS:
- For orders under £50 ($60.00*) the delivery charge is £9.99 ($12.99*)
- For orders over £50 ($60.00*) the delivery charge is £6.99 ($8.99*)
- For any orders over £100 ($120.00*) good news! Your delivery is on us, it's absolutely FREE!

*These are approximate US Dollar costs as the currency rate may fluctuate. We are working to improve this, but at the moment the actual price you pay may be slightly different as the order will be processed in British Pounds. We realize that this is not ideal and we're working to resolve this for you in the next few months.

Find out more by visiting our customer service information for customers in USA by clicking here
https://www.watchgecko.com/us-customer-service/
Click Icon To Contact Me

Far and wide I will find 'em and I ride 'em
Bricks and mortar get my licks just for kicks
AD or authorized I don't analyze
Retail, wholesale never fail
Online or offline, I find I don't redefine
Too big to fail or yard sale they all hale
Run or hide just for fun deals I find