We're Moving!

Click for more info.

Ask for a deal

Talk about your experience, good and bad, here.
watchpalooza
Global Moderator

Ask for a deal

Post by watchpalooza »

I recently went to buy a Traska Mint-dial diver, but found no deals or discounts online. I sent an email to the company and got a response from Jon Mack with a discount code for $25 off. Many do not think about doing so, but often just asking for a discount works.
Click Icon To Contact Me

’There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.’ - Leonard Cohen, Anthem
’One man's faith is another man's delusion.’ - Anthony Storr
MoT
Site Admin

Re: Ask for a deal

Post by MoT »

Good tip. The worst they'll say is no.
Join us on Discord and interact live with your fellow members (click the icon):

Want to ensure your favorite watch site can keep the lights on? Click here: https://www.patreon.com/motswdf

Your friend in time,
Matt - MoT

Click Icon To Contact Me:

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury
"Remember no man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence Odbody
BostonCharlie
MoT Member

Post by BostonCharlie »

OpticsPlanet will gladly sell you a watch they don't have on hand -- I bought one of these using a code to get a good deal. When it finally shipped they had a new promo running. I emailed them asking whether I could get in on the new promo and they let me in. So I was double dipping, I guess, but then I did have to wait for it to ship. Credit to dumberdrummer for first reporting a similar experience with OpticsPlanet.
CVP33
MoT Member

Post by CVP33 »

After Helson had released their coupon code I ordered a 40mm Brass Diver. I also wanted the Armida. I emailed Armida and they told me to wait until December 12th to buy as they have a coupon code coming. Sure enough, 25% OFF.

I asked Zelos for a deal after buying the Mako and Great White. He gave me a $50 refund on my SkyRaider. Classy move IMHO.
MAAHHH THE FRENCH!
MoT Member

Post by MAAHHH THE FRENCH! »

After missing out on a 24-hour sale price because they took too long answering a question, and getting a coupon code I found online rejected at ToM, I tried that trick of asking if they'd extend a discount code to me by saying that a friend had gotten one. They ignored me.

Then they and Massdrop argued about who had to take me on their dodgeball team.